• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Weymouth ltc renewal

Yes all 4 pages need to be filled out. You need to re-enter all your info and answer the questions for a renewal.

Typical state government quality instructions on the form. They had to work to make them that ambiguous but they pulled it off.
I believe this means first 3 pages are required as well.

Fun times. Is an interview required again? Mine expires in the summer 2024 I can send in now right? Anything else required - assuming I don’t need to do that class and live fire etc. that was fun.

Just did my renewal in Mansfield. Couldn't have been any easier so far. Dropped off the application with the check at the front desk. The dispatcher made my appointment on the spot for a week later. Gave me multiple choices for time slots. Went in and it seems they trained the young kid dispatcher to take your picture and do your fingerprints. Had me look over the application to make sure everything was in order. Took ten minutes and they told me they would call me when it comes in.

I believe this means first 3 pages are required as well.

Fun times. Is an interview required again? Mine expires in the summer 2024 I can send in now right? Anything else required - assuming I don’t need to do that class and live fire etc. that was fun.
You’ll have to ask the licensing officer or find someone else here who’s renewed there recently. Every town is different. Some of your questions are answered here:

You’ll have to ask the licensing officer or find someone else here who’s renewed there recently. Every town is different. Some of your questions are answered here:

It's sad that Weymouth continues this application process.

That info on their website is pure bullsh!t! All that crap should have been removed after Bruen. They need a good 1983 lawsuit!!!

Having never renewed yet I’d be interested to hear your experience. I’ve got a two years to go but still. Kept copies of my original application so hoping that helps when it comes time.

Having never renewed yet I’d be interested to hear your experience. I’ve got a two years to go but still. Kept copies of my original application so hoping that helps when it comes time.
I always use the previous application info to fill out the renewal forms. It can keep you from digging for info (like other state license numbers, etc.).

Just did my renewal in Mansfield. Couldn't have been any easier so far. Dropped off the application with the check at the front desk. The dispatcher made my appointment on the spot for a week later. Gave me multiple choices for time slots. Went in and it seems they trained the young kid dispatcher to take your picture and do your fingerprints. Had me look over the application to make sure everything was in order. Took ten minutes and they told me they would call me when it comes in.
Same for me. Pretty close for my wife, except she had to remind the dispatcher to give her the DCJIS receipt.

They took way longer than 40 days, though, with 3 months for mine and 2.5 months for my wife's. Didn't make any difference at the end, because they took the applications 6 months in advance without any issues.

I’m gonna fill out my renewal tonight. I only skimmed over it. i’ve renewed several times. All I did was walk in there and hand them the money last time they just handed me a form to sign about lost or stolen guns.

The previous forms were pretty straightforward. This new ones all f***ed up.

If you’ve ever done the previous form the wording on this one, so confusing to me because they changed questions so slightly that I’m not even sure how to answer them.

So if you file for renewal and you somehow f*** it up, then you don’t have your LLC and then you’re just f***ed you gotta move all your guns? And then try again and then have to write down that you were denied?

I’ve never worried about these things before. I mean I’ve screwed up plenty of ATF paperwork it’s no big deal. You just start the weight over again.

I’m sure I’ll figure it out but I can’t be the only one mystified about what’s going on here, especially after Brian I don’t understand how a lot of these questions Are even valid.

I first see in the future a lot more Supreme Court victories, but what good is it when the states just ignore it

And my other main question is is why can’t you fill out the form and print it out? Do I seriously have to print it out and fill it out by hand?

All right, I figured it out. That is a pain in the ass to do from your cell phone.. it takes more time than filing your taxes. It takes more time than filling out ATF paperwork to buy a machine gun.

I’m assuming that’s by design and try reading that website and looking for info? Wow a lot of conflicting information.

Wareham is great all done by mail, simple form, drivers license photo, no new finger prints. They mail to you when done.

Wareham is great all done by mail, simple form, drivers license photo, no new finger prints. They mail to you when done.
My city is really good about it too. I’d mail it in but I have to go down to the records bureau about something that happened 20 years ago.. for the life of me I can’t even remember the details and I just wanna file an accurate form.
They used to not let you file more than 30 days in advance and then they told me to come down there 90 days in advance, so I just wanna get it over with. I don’t really care once you have the receipt you’re fine but I guess they’re slammed with new applicants.

On the positive side now that I figured it out, I gotta change a couple things for when I go down next year for my machine gun license.

Back
Top Bottom