• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So I received a LTC renewal notice

JJC

NES Member
So I've renewed once before and had to do so on my own initiative. Out of nowhere I get this notice that the volume of license applications could delay things so start now. Got this yesterday but my expiration isn't until June. Last time I started it in April. Just a friendly FYI and curious to see if anyone else has gotten this. 20240113_081320.jpg

I am in renewal process now in Westport ma.
I have been turned away for trying to put in renewal 2 months early in the past. This year I put in 4 months early because of this notice. along With what people were saying and they said nothing.

I got my reminder in December, three months before my expiration date. Completed the paperwork and dropped it off the day after Christmas. Wonder how long it will take? My wife renewed her LTC over the summer after getting her reminder and it took three and a half months to get her new license.

So I've renewed once before and had to do so on my own initiative. Out of nowhere I get this notice that the volume of license applications could delay things so start now. Got this yesterday but my expiration isn't until June. Last time I started it in April. Just a friendly FYI and curious to see if anyone else has gotten this.View attachment 838387
I got the same notice last year in January for my LTC that was expiring in June. Called the PD the next day, earliest date to process renewal (pay the fee) was in April and didn’t receive the new license until late June (my LTC expired in early June). The local PD blamed the State for the holdup…..

I as well got this and was turned away from renewing early in the past. I'm bringing this letter to the lady at the desk and demanding they take the app.
I'm in a new town for my coming LTC renewal and so I want to put in for it just as early as allowed. Having the card or letter in hand would probably help me not get turned away for coming in too early. 🤔

So I've renewed once before and had to do so on my own initiative. Out of nowhere I get this notice that the volume of license applications could delay things so start now. Got this yesterday but my expiration isn't until June. Last time I started it in April. Just a friendly FYI and curious to see if anyone else has gotten this.
Either my wife or I did (I forget which) about a month or so after already receiving the new license.

So I've renewed once before and had to do so on my own initiative. Out of nowhere I get this notice that the volume of license applications could delay things so start now. Got this yesterday but my expiration isn't until June. Last time I started it in April. Just a friendly FYI and curious to see if anyone else has gotten this.View attachment 838387
I am curious if the PD would accept that other application you can download.

I got one. Already submitted the renewal due in March.

None of this really matters just get your mircs receipt and go on with life. My dad rode on his receipt for like a year and a half due to miscues and miscommunication with the PD. ( I think the lady from the PD actually had emailed him but he didn't read the email because it was buried and spam or something the older he gets the more he hates using the computer.... )

The best government that money can buy. In a more perfect world it should take 5-10 minutes to renew or process an LTC, but not here where there's probably 5 people who file paperwork in filing cabinets and they want to get their pension.
If the licensing officer actually knows how to use the computer initiating a mircs renewal literally takes less than 10 minutes. During covid I met the licensing officer in the PD garage he took my picture and my stuff and then asked me where my car was and he literally came out like not even 10 minutes later with the mircs receipt, my existing licenses, and handed it to me. I think they mailed me the new LTC when it came in. The PD's that are even lazier we'll just go into the RMV database take your picture out of there, stick it on the LTC and not even take another picture.

If the licensing officer actually knows how to use the computer initiating a mircs renewal literally takes less than 10 minutes. During covid I met the licensing officer in the PD garage he took my picture and my stuff and then asked me where my car was and he literally came out like not even 10 minutes later with the mircs receipt, my existing licenses, and handed it to me. I think they mailed me the new LTC when it came in. The PD's that are even lazier we'll just go into the RMV database take your picture out of there, stick it on the LTC and not even take another picture.

Tell me how the entire process couldn't be reduced down to a vending machine with the only case of rejections going to a human being for further analysis. I walk up to the machine, enter in the ltc form data, feed it $1 (because it's just a machine now), wait a few seconds, the machine prints out the LTC and it's in my hands a few seconds later. A thermal paper prints out the PIN number as part of the receipt. No cops, no delays, no nothing. We could probably eliminate hundreds of state and local police jobs with a dozen ltc vending machines scattered throughout the state. That is if LTCs are going to be here for good. That same vending machine could even do machine gun LTCs.

Tell me how the entire process couldn't be reduced down to a vending machine with the only case of rejections going to a human being for further analysis. I walk up to the machine, enter in the ltc form data, feed it $1 (because it's just a machine now), wait a few seconds, the machine prints out the LTC and it's in my hands a few seconds later. A thermal paper prints out the PIN number as part of the receipt. No cops, no delays, no nothing. We could probably eliminate hundreds of state and local police jobs with a dozen ltc vending machines scattered throughout the state. That is if LTCs are going to be here for good. That same vending machine could even do machine gun LTCs.
Stop talking about eliminating government jobs. Those people consider that to be equivalent to an insurrection. The gulag awaits you.

Back
Top Bottom