Concealed Carry Hammer Fired

'Fat' as in 'too wide' or 'weighs too much' ????

The P-07 which is the plastic version actually weighs the same or an ounce or 2 more!

Did you check handgunhero.com ??

Last edited:
I have a P01 but don’t carry it cause (a) Mass mags and (b) it’s kinda fat. Does CZ even make anything smaller?
The 75 Compact is supposed to be thinner though a tad heavier. I think you would need to find a Rami for the next step down in size.

I carried a 229 for years. In a caliber that starts with a 4. Preban mags.
I NEVER felt under gunned.

But then...@drgrant hurt my feelings and called it a school bus, and @Broc called me a homo sexual.

Well, you showed great wisdom by buying one of the best pistols ever made, but bought it in one of the worst calibers ever made.

This ( or something very much like it ) will likely be my next carry gun.
In a world of plastic guns and "wonder nines", it's ok to be different.

It. Is. Bad. Ass

View attachment 871269
That's a weird desire. But I get it because I was the guy at one point that had two colt lightweight officers models. They worked well if you could accept the constraints behind them but I reached a point where I could no longer tolerate things like that. If you keep your guns clean enough to eat off of at all times and replace the recoil springs on the reg, you'll do just fine and likely enjoy those kinds of guns for many years to come.

ETA: don't ever fire that over a chrono though. You will get disappointed, quickly.

Well, you showed great wisdom by buying one of the best pistols ever made, but bought it in one of the worst calibers ever made.
I don't think 40 is the worst caliber ever made, by a long shot, and TONs of competitive shooters still shoot it.
I have never understood the 40 hate on NES

People that love 45acp will shit all over 40, but depending on the ammo, there is virtually no difference in recoil. But someone on the internet said they shouldn't like it and 9mm is easier for female and limp wristed cops to shoot.
However, I did buy a 9mm barrel for it. Not because I don't like 40, but because 9mm is cheaper and plentiful.

Any one who has knocked down steel targets with 40 and 9mm knows instantly that 40 hits much harder. Those that deny, or cite ballistic gel test are either lying or never shot it.
Some people will say it doesn't matter for self defense. And it's true that when shooting gel performance is similar. Unless your target is wearing soft body armor, or behind a barrier, like a car door.
Soft armor will stop 9mm and 40. Neither will penetrate, but that target is going to be hurt a lot more with the 40.
Some people never envision a scenario where a target might be wearing soft armor, but I can.

40 is just another tool in the toolbox. Hating it is like hating a socket set because an adjustable wrench can do the same thing. But I bet you own both.

I don't think 40 is the worst caliber ever made, by a long shot, and TONs of competitive shooters still shoot it.

People that love 45acp will shit all over 40, but depending on the ammo, there is virtually no difference in recoil. But someone on the internet said they shouldn't like it and 9mm is easier for female and limp wristed cops to shoot.
However, I did buy a 9mm barrel for it. Not because I don't like 40, but because 9mm is cheaper and plentiful.

Any one who has knocked down steel targets with 40 and 9mm knows instantly that 40 hits much harder. Those that deny, or cite ballistic gel test are either lying or never shot it.
Some people will say it doesn't matter for self defense. And it's true that when shooting gel performance is similar. Unless your target is wearing soft body armor, or behind a barrier, like a car door.
Soft armor will stop 9mm and 40. Neither will penetrate, but that target is going to be hurt a lot more with the 40.
Some people never envision a scenario where a target might be wearing soft armor, but I can.

40 is just another tool in the toolbox. Hating it is like hating a socket set because an adjustable wrench can do the same thing. But I bet you own both.

lol you wrote all that

It was a solution to a problem that should not have existed.

FBI agents could not handle the 10mm. So they made the .40.

Probably 90+ % why we pick on .40.

Ouch, owwee, my wrist. You get the picture.

I can carry this thing in my pocket. Very comfortable.
IMG_3255.jpeg
It’s more comfortable than pocket carrying this one. Same size and lighter but the boxiness makes it uncomfortable. Could be the holster I have for it. IMG_0503.jpeg

Tons of hammer fired pistols out there. Did anyone mention a Rami? If you really want comfort maybe a Bodyguard or a Seecamp. It’s so small and easy to grab and stick in my pocket it ends up being my go to gun.
IMG_2436.jpeg IMG_2985.jpeg

Got mine for 4 hundo but only 2 mags, but I like the number 6. Extras are $60. That's the ugly thing about sig.
Yup same paid $400 for it and was called a “poor” by my single non kid having friends lol.

Thing always goes bang, and fits my hand perfectly.

I want to have a RMR cut but they have to go pretty far forward on the slide

The wound ballistics stuff between 9 and 40 is negligible unless you invest in the energy transfer myth. I've shot plenty of Steel with nines and 40s and you know what the difference is between knocking down one versus the other? A couple of turns on the screw setting the position of the plate.... 🤣 yes there's an energy difference but you've put it in a light that exaggerates its importance. It's not even as perceptible like the energy difference between 9/40/45 vs 10mm...

I carried 40 for a number if years and would again if i had to.... but in 2024 its generally a really stupid choice for a whole host of reasons, starting with the fact that the number of guns it's engineered for is small and getting smaller. I give Glock a lot of credit though, the new gen5 G22/23 are finally what they should have been to begin with. People should keep running em if they got em but there's a great reason why not a lot of new 40s are being introduced, because it basically doesn't matter. The only thing 40 really excels at right now over 9mm is it's the best way to shoot uspsa limited major for short money.

ETA: Honestly even 45 has become less relevant but there's still exponentially more 45 sales, and not just in 1911s either.

40 was always a solution based on a question/ problem that was formed out of junk science. At some point adults will admit that "we fell for the BS" and reluctantly admit they made a mistake buying 40s for general use.

There are far (functionally) worse calibers than 40 though so i can agree on that. EG 25 ACP is something i wouldn't cry about if it went extinct, that has to be one of the shittiest cartridges ever invented.

Last edited:
I can carry this thing in my pocket. Very comfortable.
View attachment 871539
It’s more comfortable than pocket carrying this one. Same size and lighter but the boxiness makes it uncomfortable. Could be the holster I have for it. View attachment 871544

Tons of hammer fired pistols out there. Did anyone mention a Rami? If you really want comfort maybe a Bodyguard or a Seecamp. It’s so small and easy to grab and stick in my pocket it ends up being my go to gun.
View attachment 871570View attachment 871571

The walther might not have the best trigger but I would take that over the other two any day of the week.

Especially vs the SeeItsCrap. But you already know how much I love those guns. [rofl] Although at least a Seecamp has an infinitely better trigger than a BG380, so its got that going
for it.

This ( or something very much like it ) will likely be my next carry gun.
In a world of plastic guns and "wonder nines", it's ok to be different.

It. Is. Bad. Ass

View attachment 871269

One of the guys I watched the eclipse with uses this as his badass carry gun. I can imaging how the MA system would try to depict anyone who used such exotic equipment in a self defense situation. 1712933381751.png

One of the guys I watched the eclipse with uses this as his badass carry gun. I can imaging how the MA system would try to depict anyone who used such exotic equipment in a self defense situation.View attachment 872115
So Rob, do you subscribe to the Ayoob theory of staying away from custom or heavily tuned guns for CCW? Are lightened triggers and other 'weapon enhancements' even brought up in court cases?

So Rob, do you subscribe to the Ayoob theory of staying away from custom or heavily tuned guns for CCW? Are lightened triggers and other 'weapon enhancements' even brought up in court cases?
I don't know if that will happen or not, but it is certain not to happen when carrying a reliable and ordinary mainstream gun like a Glock. It is a risk, and those who say the risk is "very high" or "virtually non-existent" are just guessing. Plus I find my Glock 43 easier to carry that a double stack wide body 1911 with a mailbox optic.

I don't know if that will happen or not, but it is certain not to happen when carrying a reliable and ordinary mainstream gun like a Glock. It is a risk, and those who say the risk is "very high" or "virtually non-existent" are just guessing. Plus I find my Glock 43 easier to carry that a double stack wide body 1911 with a mailbox optic.
Common sense is that in any SD shooting case, the events leading up to the first shot, what happened after and how things are witnessed and described, play far more important roles than the equipment itself. I think a competent attorney ought to be able to parry the DA's attack on the super-killy gun by 'my client simply purchased the handgun that he could shoot most competently and accurately, with the thought that if he ever had to use it in a self defense scenario, there'd be the lowest risks of collateral harm to bystanders'.

I haven't bought a new handgun in 7 years, the ones that I carry work fine, but I am thinking of jumping on the optic bandwagon. It's just that I can't seem to settle on one that checks all my boxes. Now if HK makes an optic-ready P30SK in light LEM trigger out of factory, I'd probably jump on it.

Common sense is that in any SD shooting case, the events leading up to the first shot, what happened after and how things are witnessed and described, play far more important roles than the equipment itself. I think a competent attorney ought to be able to parry the DA's attack on the super-killy gun by 'my client simply purchased the handgun that he could shoot most competently and accurately, with the thought that if he ever had to use it in a self defense scenario, there'd be the lowest risks of collateral harm to bystanders'.

I haven't bought a new handgun in 7 years, the ones that I carry work fine, but I am thinking of jumping on the optic bandwagon. It's just that I can't seem to settle on one that checks all my boxes. Now if HK makes an optic-ready P30SK in light LEM trigger out of factory, I'd probably jump on it.
VP9SK is a pretty sweet shooter.

Back
Top Bottom