Concealed Carry Hammer Fired

How do you like it? I'm thinking now I'm between the EMP and Sig p938. P938 still seems more friendly to conceal but hard to argue with the EMP as well.
Because it's a windshield smashing .40, it's all steel, to reliably contain and direct the immense power conversion. So it's not feather light. It's also got an ambidextrous safety, which isn't the hot setup for deep concealment. And while it's not inexpensive, it's slick AF. My primary ccw is a p365. That thing's so boring. The EMP is very nice. But, it's a better fit for OWB.

Last edited:
I'll toss in my experience with summer carry guns:
For many years it was a Walther PPK/s. Ultimately I decided the gun was not reliable enough to trust my life on.
After that for almost a decade, it was an east German Makarov. Ridiculously more reliable, but big as hell for such a caliber.
In 2017 I bought a P938 and it immediately became my new favorite warm weather carry gun. Capacity is lacking but even with a seven round magazine the gun is easy to conceal and I shoot it well.
Fast forward to 2021 and cutting alcohol out of my daily intake dropped 40lbs off my frame pretty quick. I stopped carrying a full size 1911 for cold weather as much, instead going with the G48, MUCH lighter and easier to carry. I then figured may as well stick with a similar manual of arms for the summer gun and got a P365.

The idea of staying with the same manual of arms between different carry guns for different dress never crossed my mind for years but lately I've been paying more attention to it.

I'll toss in my experience with summer carry guns:
For many years it was a Walther PPK/s. Ultimately I decided the gun was not reliable enough to trust my life on.
After that for almost a decade, it was an east German Makarov. Ridiculously more reliable, but big as hell for such a caliber.
In 2017 I bought a P938 and it immediately became my new favorite warm weather carry gun. Capacity is lacking but even with a seven round magazine the gun is easy to conceal and I shoot it well.
Fast forward to 2021 and cutting alcohol out of my daily intake dropped 40lbs off my frame pretty quick. I stopped carrying a full size 1911 for cold weather as much, instead going with the G48, MUCH lighter and easier to carry. I then figured may as well stick with a similar manual of arms for the summer gun and got a P365.

The idea of staying with the same manual of arms between different carry guns for different dress never crossed my mind for years but lately I've been paying more attention to it.
Another one of my favorite DA/SA guns I own is my CZ82 in 9mm mak

My train of thought on manual of arms WRT my carry is ideally a gun with no safety, be it Striker fired or DA/SA or DAO
Although I haven’t owned a DAO gun in quite some time
I don’t carry my beretta 92 because it has a safety, and I don’t want to think about where it may be in SD situation, same reason I don’t carry the CZ82 much. Although the safety is easy to manipulate on the 82 being a lefty with small hands, it’s quite difficult on the 92.

This is just my logic, I’m not afraid of carrying a single action cocked and locked I’m afraid of fumbling when my life may depend on it

The gun you carry is all about how you dress. It'd amazing how many small guns sell because people want concealment, but a simple tweak in your clothing and you can CC a Glock 34 in a t shirt in the summer and be fine...

Back
Top Bottom