changing my carry gun

greencobra

NES Member
i've carried a shield since it was introduced ~ 2012. as age creeps up faster, i've had a real issue racking the little pistol and have been looking for a replacement for a while. the only criteria being i had to own it already. i wasn't looking to purchase a new latest and greatest pistol. i think my new carry gun is going to be the m&p 9c. i seem to have a few m&p's in the safe. way more than i should have cause i really don't like the full size m&p. we have a shield, 2 compacts and one of those m&p .22 fill size pistols made by walther.

i'm almost sure to pick the m&p 9c. i've always liked the 9c and have said more than a few times here it's been ignored and a sleeper in the used gun market. it out performs a lot of it's higher priced competitors. i picked up my example a few years ago for 300 bucks...with 6 magazines! no box or papers, but smith sent those out when i asked. got it to fit my hand quite well customizing one of the back straps, it held 10 + 1 of 9mm, easier to rack the slide than my shield, close in size to my g26 and it's very accurate. the larger dimensions wasn't a deal breaker and...i already owned it.

but i had chosen another gun as well, my sig 220. larger still, but a decent candidate. i've always had in my head big and slow causes a fatal blow and that .45 acp has been a proven man stopper for over a 100 years. i thought i'd alternate a few weeks between each before i definitely made a choice but pretty sure it'll be the 9c when the smoke clears.

this is a big decision for me. i'm a firm believer in picking a carry gun and staying with it, not playing the rotation game. you have to know a gun well to shoot it well. some guys rotate carry guns like they were choosing a watch to wear for the day or changing socks. so we'll see where this trail leads me.

Ive learned from several iterations are that little pistols suck. Caring about printing is gay.

You can conceal them but they are tough to grab and draw, and less accurate to shoot.

Full size only from now on Glock 22 or Glock 17 or 1911 typically. Cause I own them.

I've sold all my small pistols except the Taurus G3C because its not worth selling for like 100 dollars that most cheap f***s here would pay for it., and it runs great.
On occasion in summer I'll carry it, or it will reside in my daypack while hunting.

Ive learned from several iterations are that little pistols suck. Caring about printing is gay.

You can conceal them but they are tough to grab and draw, and less accurate to shoot.

Full size only from now on Glock 22 or Glock 17 or 1911 typically. Cause I own them.

I've sold all my small pistols except the Taurus G3C because its not worth selling for like 100 dollars that most cheap f***s here would pay for it., and it runs great.
On occasion in summer I'll carry it, or it will reside in my daypack while hunting.
+1

Just picked up a G45 today and have the PMM Comp inbound for it.

After having a G27 for over 20 years I switched to a G17 MOS. It has been on my side daily ever since. While I am not as fit as I used to be, I am not that big either. It conceals just fine. I use a We The People IWB with a claw for 3:00 carry. The claw pushes the heal of the grip closer to the body. With the right holster a full size can be reasonably concealed with minimal though towards wardrobe.

Back
Top Bottom