• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best concealed carry revolver on a budget…

I don't get all the excitement over .357 magnum in a j frame.. the flash will blind you.. the recoil ugh...

My thoughts now maybe in the 80s when bullet technology what it isn't today.. but its such a short barrel.

158 Grain is hot enough for a j frame.. and Hornady Critical Defense .38 has really given many options for self defense in all revolver platforms.

Just get a .38 snub nose of your choice.. load it up with Hornady (which makes multiple bullet options even a non plus P for the old school revolvers and call it a day).

Also I enjoy carrying my .38 Snub nose K Frame Model 10.. its blued looks like any detective revolver plus you get 6 shots and not 5.. and most k frame revolvers that are blued (you can easily reblue them to make them look better with the rebluing kit from walmart) and can be found for under $500 if you look...

I feel unsafe and think I need a gun, whats the cheapest one I can find on Craigslist
My error on a re-read, I'd ASSumed its terms w/firearms were otherwise.

Attachments

• 787827-e02534acab6c470ffc1f13a0b67163b9.jpeg
    787827-e02534acab6c470ffc1f13a0b67163b9.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I already posted this in another thread but……….
S&W 642 hammerless w/ a 342 titanium cylinder swap .38spcl and lighter hogue grip installed
12.1oz unloaded
View attachment 800926
That’s pretty cool…did you get that from here?
This one says it’s 357 magnum cylinder but will fit the 642, which I found…surprising…

(Product Q&A definitely said not to actually USE 357, just that the cylinder will fit the frame and be useable with 38sp)

How did you get the lanyard tethering to the grip? Was there already a hole there or did you drill through the grip?
Not at me. But my 337 above (you can’t see it) has a pin in the grip that could allow a lanyard

Assuming the same.

No, i didn't get it from there, but i looked at those; they were sold out at the time. I bought a parts kit from “everygunpart.com”

That’s pretty cool…did you get that from here?
This one says it’s 357 magnum cylinder but will fit the 642, which I found…surprising…

(Product Q&A definitely said not to actually USE 357, just that the cylinder will fit the frame and be useable with 38sp)

IMG_0463.jpeg

Alright, interested in getting a good carry revolver. Ideally, a snub nose .357 (but minimum .38+p), 6 rounds, and as lightweight as possible. No one of these is “must have”, but all are considerations. I am finding out how variable the range out there is, from weight to price and everything in between.

Oh! And as budget friendly as possible!

Basically, for any snub nose aficionados, what are you all carrying? What is most important to consider? Can I get a decent one for sub $500?
I've got a Model 49 just like this. Great little gun

Smith-and-Wesson-Model-49-Bodyguard-38-Special-blue-2-Barrel-MFG-1971_101140549_70986_77B1DD25...JPG

Back
Top Bottom