• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Member Introduction and Seeking Advice on First Gun Purchase

New NES Member: where can I try a few different hand guns?

NES: ”Here are the 6 guns you need to buy”

I was actually about to list off every cool gun ever made because after the law goes into effect they'll either be unobtainable or stupid expensive. We might be in the final days (months) of new people getting into gun collecting in MA without an FFL.

Hey, I'm also relatively new mass ltc in WM, I'm Greenfield area and go to the gun rack in turners. They have a great selection, but the prices can be a little higher. I still buy from them cuz support local businesses and all.
My first purchase was a canik tps9SF Elite, I really like it. I grabbed a lazer bullet to practice trigger control at home. But like some on this thread said you get "milk hand" when you get to the range. I also grabbed a shotgun and an m1 garand. Got my eyes on my next purchases too.

Welcome, I bought an Sig Sauer P322 from the Gun Rack a couple of weeks ago and they have quite the selection. They were also very busy when I was in there on an early Friday afternoon.

There's cows at the range? ;)

You've been busy, how is the M1 Garand, my son wishes I would buy one, clearly too many video games have informed his view on this.

"Milk hand" is what the other gent called it. I would call "flacid hand" I think 🤔
There are alot of cows up here by me tho, so maybe it fits.

I picked the m1 up this winter, and I'm going to shoot for the first time fri at hot brass. So far I love it, just because it cool. I'm struggling with not wanting to ruin the antique by using it a bunch. So my solution is to get an M1A which is the decendant. I think this is the flavor koolaide I'm drinking as a new gun owner. Learning the nuances as I go.

I'm not a member at any of the ranges. So I don't get to shoot whenever, I applied to a place in deerfield, they have a waiting list but it's pretty nice.
I'm going to hot brass Friday to try couple pieces and learn how to site in a rifle. And try some random ammos.

Did you join a club somewhere yet?

I’m trying to curb my motivations to keep buying things and instead focus on improving with what I already have. Hence the P322 to make it affordable for more repetitions.

I joined the Northampton Revolver Club last week but have yet to make it to the range. It’s where I did the BFS for the LTC.

Oh cool, my brother is a member there. I like the place well enough. The limited hrs with elementary school across the street is one of the main reasons i didnt join. And trying to join a 200 yrd range.

That makes sense to focus on getting great with what you have. I struggle with pistols, the sights are not intuitive to me. I grew up with rifles, and rifles tend to be what I enjoy.
Maybe we'll meet at the revolver club sometime, their pistol team is pretty good. You should look into joining. They'll give you a lot of tips to get better too.

There is also Norwottuck Fish & Game, they don’t have the same restrictions, but it can get cold and windy.

I was hoping to watch the pistol team this week but couldn’t make it. None of this is intuitive to me yet but I’m learning quickly.

Back
Top Bottom