• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Waiting on LTC, anyone willing to help?

Mushkie11

NES Member
I know this is an exhausted topic but wondering any members in or around central mass would want to hook up a newbie. I am trying to figure out which I should purchase first. I’m thinking subcompact or compact.
I have watched countless videos but really want to shoot them first. If I buy the ammo would anyone be willing to allow me to try their guns? I could use some shooting tips as well.
The choices I have narrowed it down to :
P365xl
P365 x macro or x macro comp
Glock 43x
M&P 2.0 3.5” or 4” barrel
Cz p10c

You may want to consider Dracut indoor gun range. You pay one flat fee and can rent any gun in the caliber. You pay ~$30 and can try as many 9mm guns as you want, but probably have to buy their own ammo to shoot thru the guns.

You may want to consider Dracut indoor gun range. You pay one flat fee and can rent any gun in the caliber. You pay ~$30 and can try as many 9mm guns as you want, but probably have to buy their own ammo to shoot thru the guns.
That doesn’t seem like a bad deal. Is ammo at ranges typically price gauged?

Yeah, it's usually a bit more expensive than what you can find after some shopping around or buying in bulk. They sell it as a convenience basically, and generally require you to use it when renting one of their guns. There are lots of bums with questionable homemade ammo or other garbage they don't want to blow up their rentals with. Some don't care but most do.
Totally makes sense.

As a mass resident I’d omit the variants with more than 10 rounds. No point in the larger frame, grip.

As a mass resident I’d omit the variants with more than 10 rounds. No point in the larger frame, grip.
I actually prefer a larger grip, I have huge hands and have held the regular p365 and the xl for that matter and the grips are very small. My hand doesn’t even fit on them. The 43x felt great in hand as did the macro.

I actually prefer a larger grip, I have huge hands and have held the regular p365 and the xl for that matter and the grips are very small. My hand doesn’t even fit on them. The 43x felt great in hand as did the macro.
Valid. You need to try some in person I guess. I have very large hands and a 1st Gen shield fits perfect.

If you have huge hands you might be more comfortable with something bigger than a p365 or G43x. Have a look at the midsize pistols like G19, Canik/Walther, Sig 2022, the BHP gets a lot of love here, and don't forget the formidable 10mm hi point.

If you have huge hands you might be more comfortable with something bigger than a p365 or G43x. Have a look at the midsize pistols like G19, Canik/Walther, Sig 2022, the BHP gets a lot of love here, and don't forget the formidable 10mm hi point.
Can’t miss with a canik.

Def. Have held the Weather as my best friend has it. Held the G19 as well. Both felt great but a little too big to carry conceal as my first firearm? BHP( sorry i dont know the acronym)

I know this is an exhausted topic but wondering any members in or around central mass would want to hook up a newbie. I am trying to figure out which I should purchase first. I’m thinking subcompact or compact.
I have watched countless videos but really want to shoot them first. If I buy the ammo would anyone be willing to allow me to try their guns? I could use some shooting tips as well.
P365xl
Glock 43x
Cz p10c
All of the guns you are considering are fine firearms. Just remember, like most things in life, happiness is all about compromise. In general, small guns are easier to carry and conceal, harder to shoot. Lighter guns carry easier than heavy guns, but weight soaks up recoil and allows for quicker follow up shots.

I find this site very useful when thinking about a new gun. You have handled a few guns so can compare the ones you are thinking about, to those you are familiar with,

All of the guns you are considering are fine firearms. Just remember, like most things in life, happiness is all about compromise. In general, small guns are easier to carry and conceal, harder to shoot. Lighter guns carry easier than heavy guns, but weight soaks up recoil and allows for quicker follow up shots.

I find this site very useful when thinking about a new gun. You have handled a few guns so can compare the ones you are thinking about, to those you are familiar with,
Awesome site. Thanks!

I’m a firm believer in newbie, should look into a revolver as his first purchase maybe I’m just showing my old age S&W, 686 either a 2 1/2 inch or a 3 inch barrel

I know this is an exhausted topic but wondering any members in or around central mass would want to hook up a newbie. I am trying to figure out which I should purchase first.
Just go to any range in NH. You can just walk in, rent guns, and shoot all you want.
They do have the lone ranger policy - so you would need to go with a friend.
This one is a great choice.

Def. Have held the Weather as my best friend has it. Held the G19 as well. Both felt great but a little too big to carry conceal as my first firearm? BHP( sorry i dont know the acronym)

A Good belt and holster and I cam conceal a full sized gun under a ahirt no problem. You gotta find a combo that works for you. Most guys go through a few guns and holsters before they figure out what works for them. Its a lot easier to shoot a larger gun consistently and accurately. Smaller guns tend to magnify any mistakes in your form.

P365xl
Glock 43x
Cz p10c
What is the primary purpose of the gun?
Range/target use?
Home defense?
Concealed carry?
Competition?

Shoot a bunch of different guns before you buy. Think long and hard about the purpose of the gun.

If you plan on carrying (and you should) invest in a good gun belt (Kore is my preference) and a good holster. Early on I cheaped on the belt and holster combo and it made carrying uncomfortable so I didn't carry as much as I do now. Build up a good stock of ammo and invest money in professional training before you go out and buy a second firearm. That is my .02

Every-time I hear someone ask this I have flashbacks of the early 90's when PC Clones were becoming affordable (think Gateway computer). Friends and relatives had never thought having a computer in their home was worthwhile....until they did. The question I got constantly was "What's a good computer for me to buy?". I would have politely respond "That's like me asking you what's the best car to buy.....depends on so many thing....budget...how much you plan to use it....work/pleasure or both....can you make simple mods yourself....and 20 other questions".

So I echo what some have said. Get to a range...try as many types as you can. Maybe try a couple different ranges. I know the place I frequent loves Glock/Sig/S&W and that's pretty much what they have to rent...nothing else.

Some love Glocks...some not....Sig...same thing. I'm not a S&W fan, some love them. I'm a recent CZ convert, others can take or leave 'em. It's such a personal choice. Figure out what fits your hand...what you can shoot well...grip/weight/balance/recoil all personal preferences.

Every-time I hear someone ask this I have flashbacks of the early 90's when PC Clones were becoming affordable (think Gateway computer). Friends and relatives had never thought having a computer in their home was worthwhile....until they did. The question I got constantly was "What's a good computer for me to buy?". I would have politely respond "That's like me asking you what's the best car to buy.....depends on so many thing....budget...how much you plan to use it....work/pleasure or both....can you make simple mods yourself....and 20 other questions".

So I echo what some have said. Get to a range...try as many types as you can. Maybe try a couple different ranges. I know the place I frequent loves Glock/Sig/S&W and that's pretty much what they have to rent...nothing else.

Some love Glocks...some not....Sig...same thing. I'm not a S&W fan, some love them. I'm a recent CZ convert, others can take or leave 'em. It's such a personal choice. Figure out what fits your hand...what you can shoot well...grip/weight/balance/recoil all personal preferences.
That’s kind of the purpose of asking someone to help me the diff guns lol?

Back
Top Bottom