• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Citizens Bank *EXTREMELY ANTI-GUN*, Close your accounts, don't do business with them!

XenoSaber

NES Member
Citizens Bank *EXTREMELY ANTI-GUN*, Close your accounts, don't do business with them!!

I have a friend who owns a bait & tackle and guns & ammo shop. He had a citizens bank account for the business and a personal one for about 5 years. They talked him in to applying for a line of credit for the business. They denied him the credit and after asking why he found out that they don't do business with any company that has anything to do with firearms. So he decided to take all of his business elsewhere, but they beat him to it. Get this, they closed all of his accounts, even the personal one.

I find it funny that he had them for 5 years previous with no issues.

So also, as an aside to this post, are there other banks that are anti-gun? What is a good bank to use, because now I have have to find a new bank.

Citizens Bank *EXTREMELY ANTI-GUN*, Close your accounts, don't do business with them!!

I have a friend who owns a bait & tackle and guns & ammo shop. He had a citizens bank account for the business and a personal one for about 5 years. They talked him in to applying for a line of credit for the business. They denied him the credit and after asking why he found out that they don't do business with any company that has anything to do with firearms. So he decided to take all of his business elsewhere, but they beat him to it. Get this, they closed all of his accounts, even the personal one.

So also, as an aside to this post, are there other banks that are anti-gun? What is a good bank to use, because now I have have to find a new bank.

Not good. Is there an official corporate policy in writing?

I told them to F-off 10 years ago when they started charging me $20 a month for the privilege of having a checking account with them while I was college.

Citizen's sucks donkey balls at the best of times. In the mid 1990s I worked for the ad agency who did their promotions and commercials, and they promised our people free checking accounts. Well, after a few months those who took advantage of the offer noticed fees on their accounts.

Get in touch with Senator Warren. She promised to make banks accountable!
[smile]

I keep my business with the smaller neighborhood banks and the credit union.
Best regards.

What brach was it?

I know someone that used to work for the bank and they said that firearms are considered a restricted business they don't want anything to do with them. They are like all big banks though. Anything that isn't easy and vanilla they don't want.

We had CB back a few years ago and like many here were duped into believing their "free" checking account scam..it lasted about 3 months and then we started seeing $9 charges every month...we pulled our accounts in a NY minute and moved them to Service Credit Union...no complaints at all.

Good to know about Citizens. I have been looking to change from Soverign and was considering Citizens. Not now.

Citizens Bank *EXTREMELY ANTI-GUN*, Close your accounts, don't do business with

The wife and I have DCU for a credit union great loan rates, good interest when compared to a bank there also not for profit. It also helps she works there. If anyone's interested PM me and I can give you a referral code I get a few bucks in the account if anyone uses it.
Note sure on their 2a status though. Wife said she will check on that for me.

Back
Top Bottom