Citizens Bank *EXTREMELY ANTI-GUN*, Close your accounts, don't do business with them!

I'm amazed that anyone still does business with them, or any big bank for that matter. I already have a $20 surcharge on tenants paying rent via BofA and citizens checks. Maybe I should go to $50 now hehe. Seriously though, they only care about maximizing their profits at the expense of society and want nothing to do with those that threaten their authority.

Credit union or a smaller local bank is the only way to go.

I thought i was getting away from the bullshit with moving my accounts from the evil empire which is BOA and into Citizens. Looks like I will take my business and personal accounts elsewhere, and will certainly tell them why. Thanks for the heads up.

If he has any military affiliation then go with USAA. I was using 2 different credit unions until I started using USAA. Now I use USAA for everything including banking, credit cards, and my car & home insurance.

Citizens Bank *EXTREMELY ANTI-GUN*, Close your accounts, don't do business with

Problem is with CU's is that there are no ATM's out of the area and their online services SUCK. Any suggestions for non Mil?

I disagree DCU repays ATM fees up to 5$ a month plus there part of the SUM network and there are a lot of those around the country. Plus there smart phone app is killer I deposit checks using my phone I never go to a branch.

I disagree DCU repays ATM fees up to 5$ a month plus there part of the SUM network and there are a lot of those around the country. Plus there smart phone app is killer I deposit checks using my phone I never go to a branch.

Thanks for the info but who the hell do you deposit checks with your phone? I own my own company and deposit a shitload of checks, Citizens is a mile from my office but I'd like an alternative. Please school me.

Thanks for the info but who the hell do you deposit checks with your phone? I own my own company and deposit a shitload of checks, Citizens is a mile from my office but I'd like an alternative. Please school me.

I do side work as a mechanic and people pay me in a check. I fill out the back of the check as instructed ( instructions are in the banks app that's on my phone) I take a picture of the front and back tell it how much it is made out for and shazzam deposit is done. I hold onto the check for a just in case. And I'm done. I love it.

Re: Citizens Bank * ANTI-GUN*, Close your accounts, don't do business with them!

You can scan them. My fiancé works for them. Yes, you can scan the check, with your phone, and deposit it right into your account.

Using my galaxy s2 via tapatalk, because I am too lazy to find a computer

Wow that's pretty cool. I'll definitely check that out, I'm just shocked they don't want the hard copy of the check to stamp it and cancel it.

I thought i was getting away from the bullshit with moving my accounts from the evil empire which is BOA and into Citizens. Looks like I will take my business and personal accounts elsewhere, and will certainly tell them why. Thanks for the heads up.

I was a customer of a small savings bank that eventually morphed into US Trust. When Citizens took it over they sent me (and all UST customers) a 125pg booklet on their policies and fee structure. I took one look at it and I was "outta there"!

Problem is with CU's is that there are no ATM's out of the area and their online services SUCK. Any suggestions for non Mil?

Plenty of local area SUM ATMs around with no fees. I have no use for DCU (I WAS a charter member) but even my small town CU has had a scan your check (on computer or smartphone) and instantly deposit it available for a number of years now. I don't use ATMs or the scan a check app for personal reasons, preferring to walk in to the CU in person and deposit checks, everything else I do online with them.

Wow that's pretty cool. I'll definitely check that out, I'm just shocked they don't want the hard copy of the check to stamp it and cancel it.

Nope everything is done electronically these days. Physical checks no longer make their way thru the system.

Any recommendations for getting a dcu account? Last I checked I want a member of a qualifying organization

I was a customer of a small savings bank that eventually morphed into US Trust. When Citizens took it over they sent me (and all UST customers) a 125pg booklet on their policies and fee structure. I took one look at it and I was "outta there"!

Plenty of local area SUM ATMs around with no fees. I have no use for DCU (I WAS a charter member) but even my small town CU has had a scan your check (on computer or smartphone) and instantly deposit it available for a number of years now. I don't use ATMs or the scan a check app for personal reasons, preferring to walk in to the CU in person and deposit checks, everything else I do online with them.

Nope everything is done electronically these days. Physical checks no longer make their way thru the system.

I'm glad you found one you like. As for me I have been very pleased with DCU And have no issues and i'
ve been with them for 7/8 years.

One time i rolled like 200 bucks in change. Probably like 30 pounds. Had nothing to carry it in. Took the top off an ammo can and brought it to the bank. No one said anything.

Re: Citizens Bank *EXTREMELY ANTI-GUN

Both my wife and I like DCU also. Expect calls if you purchase anything out of the ordinary though as their fraud unit is on the ball. Just not guns, we have had big purchases at gun stores and never gotten a call.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

I have DCU as well and they have been good to me. And I agree their app (android too) works great. The first time deposited a check with my phone I was sold ;) I'm not a super heavy banker and I only use their free checking.

I hate their ads implying that the founding fathers love central banking and a debt based society. Couldn't be further from the truth.

You can scan them. My fiancé works for them. Yes, you can scan the check, with your phone, and deposit it right into your account.

Using my galaxy s2 via tapatalk, because I am too lazy to find a computer

I tried scanning a bunch of $100 bills and depositing them into my account. Didn't work? WTF!!!!! [shocked]

"The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc (also known as RBS Group) is a British banking and insurance holding company in which the UK Government (HM Treasury), as of 31 March 2012, holds and manages an 82% stake through UK Financial Investments Limited (UKFI), whose voting rights are limited to 75% in order for the bank to retain its listing on the London Stock Exchange"

"RBS Group's financial products and services are distributed through the Citizens Financial Group, which includes Charter One Bank. Citizens is the 20th largest bank holding company in the United States by total assets, and is headed by Ellen Alemany."

wikipedia

Any recommendations for getting a dcu account? Last I checked I want a member of a qualifying organization

Last I knew if you could fog a mirror you qualified. If you want them, inquire.

I'm glad you found one you like. As for me I have been very pleased with DCU And have no issues and i'
ve been with them for 7/8 years.

Within weeks of my starting at DEC, DCU was formed. My name was on the plaque of "charter members" in the Mill. Don't know where that plaque is today but if I could get my name removed, I would try! There were some screwups that I'd attribute to growing pains, but the killer for me was the following events (last I checked Google doesn't go back that far, this all happened in the 1980s):

- Dividend payouts started to drop to unusually low numbers for a CU. There were other flags as well but I don't recall the details.
- DEC had its own type of forums (call Notes) and the DCU Notesfiles became filled up with tons of dissatisfied customers, demands for explanations and no answers from those in charge.
- Finally myself and one other person had the brass balls to demand a meeting with the CU president. We presented our complaints and demanded answers. We got the run-around. [We really had no idea what was really happening.]
- A year or more goes by and the financials of DCU were in the toilet and the Feds were about to step in and take it over.
- A meeting was called at the Framingham Sheraton Tara about the situation. It was SRO in the huge ballroom (DEC had ~40K employees in MA/NH back then and almost every one of them were DCU members). We demanded explanations and a change in management. An upper management DEC retiree that I knew confided in me that he had a "visit" at his home by someone high up in Corporate Security who threatened him that his pension would be in jeopardy if he went public with whatever info he had on what was going on at DCU. NOTE: There was one DEC VP on the BOD of DCU back then.
- The election of DCU BOD members overthrew the current regime. I don't recall if the DCU president was indicted before being fired or if that was why he was fired.
- The Feds filed charges of massive loan fraud and flipping of properties against the DCU president and some others. The DCU president was out on bail and spotted in Las Vegas blowing $750K at the tables. He was eventually convicted and IIRC I was told recently his sentence either ended a year or so ago or was about to end.
- I took all my money out of the DCU after the above meeting and never looked back.

I've alluded to the problems at DCU years ago a number of times, but here's a synopsis of the story that some of you might find "interesting"! Much better to read about it years later than be impacted by it as it happened, that is for sure! Sorry but the reporter seemed not to understand how to use paragraphs!

Mangone at 60: Imprisoned Former DCU CEO Still Pushing for Release (read the whole story here, part of it is posted below)

Mangone at 60: Imprisoned Former DCU CEO Still Pushing for Release
By Staff Writer
November 9, 2005

RAYBROOK, N.Y. - Richard D. Mangone once lived in a mansion. His Mercedes and Jaguar were parked out front. Now he shares a 100 square-foot cell with another prisoner in Raybrook Federal Prison. Instead of fine furniture he sleeps on a steel bunk with a three-inch mattress. All his personal possessions are stored in two three-foot lockers that hold his clothing, books and radio. Mangone managed three credit unions: Polaroid Credit Union, Barnstable Credit Union and Digital Employees' Federal Credit Union (DCU). He is in prison for stealing $45 million from DCU and Barnstable.
<go to link above for rest of the story>

Can anyone find the anti-gun policy anywhere online for Citizens? I am in the process of leaving them (for a local CU) and am within days of closing my accounts. If I am asked why, I would love to hand them a printout with the anti gun part highlighted and be able to say "because I am an American who believes in freedom." Of course, the reality is that the CU is giving me a really good (IMO) refinance rate, so that is driving the change.

They have nothing that specifically states that they are anti-gun. They do give managers a lot of leeway in determining what sorts of businesses fit their profile, though.
They have teams of overpaid lawyers that go over every policy to ensure they won't be entrapped by the language the public gets but that will still permit them the leeway to screw over whomever they choose.
I use a small local bank and have always had great service from them.
USAA, as has been said, is fantastic if you qualify.

Back
Top Bottom