• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Central MA Gun Ranges w/ Firearm Storage?

I regret to tell you that I was an idiot that didn't do my research. I called a (terrible ****ing place) gun shop close to Braintree and received some poor information. Took it as gold and sold the SP89 for $5,000 before moving to MA. I kick myself in the ass every single day for doing it. Had 6 original H&K 30rd mags with it as well. Now I'm living in NH and it wouldn't even be an issue. Trust me, it's a hard topic for me to talk about lol.

You can neg rep me if you'd like, I deserve it. I'm not worthy!

That's a bummer.

eh i'd sell one for five grand as well. you can pick up copies for under two grand. i'm gay for HK, but not $5,000 gay.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com...rifles/aa-89k-9mm-pistol-detail.html?Itemid=0

neqa8u9u.jpg

Here she is with the Sig and Glock before I sold it. I actually don't own any of those anymore.

Mike read this thread. It will give you an idea of the personalities you are dealing with. Everyone is a badass, king of my castle, overlord, where nothing else matters and the earth revolves around a gun.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/269654-In-the-doghouse-Christmas-ruined-AR-build

This has very little to do with anything "revolving around a gun" and everything to do with having a household that isn't dysfunctional. People that irrationally fear guns are usually pretty ****ed up- like in a drug abuser or pedophile sort of ****ed up, except that the odds of getting them out of the retard zone are a lot better than those two. They either need to be helped by their friends and family if they're willing to take it, or kicked out of your life. If you're lucky, it's like what Bcamos said, the fear is bred out of ignorance and its fixable. If you're not so lucky the gun issue is just a "token" of shitty things to come, and then at that point it's not even "because its a gun" its because she (or sometimes he) is using it as an emotional weapon to control their partner with.

-Mike

OP. Still wondering why/how the landlord got involved. Can you help us out with that?

My guess is its either on his lease or hoplophobic wife went around arm flapping when he talked about buying a gun and "discovered" this prohibition to use it to shore up her weak position.

-Mike

I agree that keeping my guns locked up when not under my direct control is a reasonable thing to do. The question posed is "Do you believe that a law that requires you to keep your guns locked up when not under your direct control is reasonable?"

Having been burglarized 7 days after buying my house, I made the personal decision that no guns will ever be left out (not locked up) when I'm not in the house. This was in the mid-1970s before any laws told me what I MUST do to stay out of jail. Not having any kids, nobody except my Wife and I (both with LTCs) have keys to the house, and not having had any visitors with kids here in probably 25 years (we're old enough that all our friends kids are having kids now), there is no logical reason why we should be LEGALLY MANDATED to lock up guns while we are home, period!

What we choose to do should be a "personal choice" with no overlords dictating our lives for us.

OP. Still wondering why/how the landlord got involved. Can you help us out with that?

NOBODY should ever tell the landlords what they possess or where they possess it. It is none of their business. When one rents a home/apartment, there is no legal requirement to get "permission" to possess anything legal (to own) on the property (provided it is within the 4 walls of your home/apartment)!

Anyone who shares that info with a landlord or asks permission is a FOOL!!

I'm looking to find a range in the Central MA area (I'm just west of Worcester) that offers storage lockers for firearms, either as part of membership or at an additional fee. I'm only looking to store a handgun or two. I moved from Florida, where there are plenty of places that offer this, but I'm not finding anything using Google. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

You can rent a lane and firearms at American Firearms School in Attleboro aswell. They have a pretty decent selection of guns to rent.

For what it's worth, it sounds like you might be better off selling your guns, and just renting when you are at a range. Places like Mass Firearms in Holliston have a nice selection.

It is like a fobia, such as arachnophobia (fear of spiders) of acrofobia (fear of heights). Many people have fear of guns. I had similar issues with my wife. It is a matter to convince them to come to the range just once.
They may never like it, but the irrational fear goes away.

ah, reasonable.

just a few [STRIKE=.]commin[/STRIKE] commie sense gun laws.

an out yourself thread if ever there was one.

FIF---me

I can't answer for JayMcB, but I can tell you what I think about that....no, it isn't reasonable. It's an infringement on my rights. I get nauseated everytime I hear someone mention "common sense" gun laws. They're not common sense, they're infringements and they are totally unacceptable.

Well, you did answer for me. No, I do not think it is reasonable.

credit to Dr Seuss

I am JayMcB
JayMcB I be

I do not like the political plan
I do not like 'just do it man'

Would you store it in a box?
Would you use your trigger locks?

I would not store it in a box
I do not like the trigger locks

Do you like your full-sized mags?
Or do you want the ones for f@gs?

Do you like to keep it loaded?
Do you want 5-0 goaded?

Do you like Condition 1?
Locked and cocked; ready for fun?

Keep it on a table or shelf
And do not ever out yourself

Even if the spouse is hot
Infringement never hits the spot

Would you appease the political class?
With common sense laws - stuck up your ass?

Do you like antics from Wallace?
I tell you they don't give solace...

Go to Beacon Hill and bitch
Unless you like a shit sandwich

NO guns laws are common sense
unless repealed into past tense.

FIF---me

Well, you did answer for me. No, I do not think it is reasonable.

credit to Dr Seuss

I am JayMcB
JayMcB I be

I do not like the political plan
I do not like 'just do it man'

Would you store it in a box?
Would you use your trigger locks?

I would not store it in a box
I do not like the trigger locks

Do you like your full-sized mags?
Or do you want the ones for f@gs?

Do you like to keep it loaded?
Do you want 5-0 goaded?

Do you like Condition 1?
Locked and cocked; ready for fun?

Keep it on a table or shelf
And do not ever out yourself

Even if the spouse is hot
Infringement never hits the spot

Would you appease the political class?
With common sense laws - stuck up your ass?

Do you like antics from Wallace?
I tell you they don't give solace...

Go to Beacon Hill and bitch
Unless you like a shit sandwich

NO guns laws are common sense
unless repealed into past tense.

i have repped you too recently to give you more just yet--but you deserve it for this post. big time.

still waiting to hear OP tell us why his landlord is involved with his decision to exercises his Constitutional rights.........
But I think you have outed yourself anyway so we won't be hearing back from you anytime soon.
Or your too busy asking your wife and landlord when you can switch thumbs.

still waiting to hear OP tell us why his landlord is involved with his decision to exercises his Constitutional rights.........
But I think you have outed yourself anyway so we won't be hearing back from you anytime soon.
Or your too busy asking your wife and landlord when you can switch thumbs.

Calm yourself. Clearly, this is something I'm not passionate about, and therefore have no reason to get into a pissing contest. I asked a question, and despite receiving several helpful and informative PMs (presumably because these members are worried about their rep), the majority of the people in this thread went nuts because I don't agree with their opinion. You guys talk an awful lot about your personal rights and freedoms for a group that flames someone who is making a personal choice without consequence to anyone else.

do you have any issue at all with safe storage laws like in massachusetts? do you think that gun owners should be mandated by the state to store their firearms in certain ways?

i'll give you $350 for the VP9 btw. you can also store it in my safe in NH for $50/month.

Mike, please disregard this post...I will give you $400 cash money...well maybe a cash money and some postage stamps...you know what I mean. Also, I happen to know atilla's safe is full and he could not rent you any space. At this point I am not asking you to neg rep him, but just consider my almost all cash offer.

Look forward to hearing from you...i am now gathering up my extra Christmas stamps.

PS...if you let me have it for $350...I will bring it once a month to MFS. You can watch me shoot it!

You don't get it do you. Lets say you are new to gun ownership. Those that are on the fence about what they deem "common sense" and 'reasonable'
Or have self doubt. At this stage of the game we don't want you or need you other than rifle decoy.
We have been sold out time and time again by people saying "Well I am a gun owner and I support a more common sense approach to _______ .
"Someone needs to do something! Sure I own a gun but I only use it for target practice. Nobody Needs to have _______________ ' You fill in the blanks

Do yourself a favor sell the gun get an air-soft gun sit out back and plink tin cans in the yard.......

You don't get it do you. Lets say you are new to gun ownership. Those that are on the fence about what they deem "common sense" and 'reasonable'
Or have self doubt. At this stage of the game we don't want you or need you other than rifle decoy.
We have been sold out time and time again by people saying "Well I am a gun owner and I support a more common sense approach to _______ .
"Someone needs to do something! Sure I own a gun but I only use it for target practice. Nobody Needs to have _______________ ' You fill in the blanks

Do yourself a favor sell the gun get an air-soft gun sit out back and plink tin cans in the yard.......
Yep. There have been many, many times that politicians and Fudds have said "well, I'm a gun owner and I support the second amendment, BUT......" No buts allowed. Support it in its entirety, or piss off. It needs to be a zero compromise stance.

Calm yourself. Clearly, this is something I'm not passionate about, and therefore have no reason to get into a pissing contest. I asked a question, and despite receiving several helpful and informative PMs (presumably because these members are worried about their rep), the majority of the people in this thread went nuts because I don't agree with their opinion. You guys talk an awful lot about your personal rights and freedoms for a group that flames someone who is making a personal choice without consequence to anyone else.

Mike, isn't this almost to be expected. This is a very passionate group of gals and guys that sign up here. I am not sure but must be 1000's of members and users. Many diverse opinions here on all kinds of issues. There might be some that agree with you. Understand the one's who read and post almost daily...have very strong views. Like I said...it should not be a surprise.

Last edited:
There seems to be this "guns over wives" view among a majority of the people I find on these forums. It's one viewpoint I'll never really understand. She has a strong opinion on this one, and I don't. Sometimes it's the opposite. Pretty simple.

Because too many people with your lack of strong opinion on firearms is why people with your wife's opinion exist. It's irritating. No offense.

Because too many people with your lack of strong opinion on firearms is why people with your wife's opinion exist. It's irritating. No offense.

We've seen it happen here in MA. A chipping away of our rights. I'm sure it started with the usual "that seems reasonable". Once the first step is taken...then a second will always follow, etc. This needs to stop. It's the Bill of Rights...not the Bill of "this seems reasonable" Rights. Can you blame us for being fierce in our convictions...cause when we are not...they chip away more.

Mike, you just reminded me of why I'm so glad that I've come from the family that I do. We own guns that have been in our family for 4 and 5 generations. We all grew up with guns, to all of us it was as natural as frogs in a pond. Here's your chance to start your own family's generational appreciation of our freedom.

You need to understand that you are on a site where people are very passionate about our guns and our freedom. This includes me and mine.
Don't take your freedom so lightly.

Sorry but it doesn't matter what he writes anymore. Troll or not this state is so effed up because of the need to too pacify others in order to make them feel better.

Sell the gun. Rent one when you feel the urge to rub one out and leave the rest of us a reason to keep fighting in someway our rights that have stomped on by many others before you.

The idea that I created this thread to troll is ridiculous. You'll notice that my original post asked a pretty simple question. With that said:

- For me, guns aren't about freedom. I bought mine because it's required equipment for a hobby I found I enjoy. I prefer to buy things instead of renting them.
- There is no question in my mind that having a proper safe and storing this gun properly would get me 99% of the way there. There's also no question that keeping my gun away from my house makes it less likely for my kids to get into it. You may not think it's worth the inconvenience in your life. That's fine. I do.
- It's important to note that I have now received almost a dozen private messages offering useful information and things like "Don't get discouraged. Unless you're talking about outright rebellion, you get stomped on here" and "It's your house and your happiness. Don't worry about the responses." That should strike you.

- There is no question in my mind that having a proper safe and storing this gun properly would get me 99% of the way there. There's also no question that keeping my gun away from my house makes it less likely for my kids to get into it. You may not think it's worth the inconvenience in your life. That's fine. I do.

Incorrect. I completely understand the "my house, my rules" thing. If storing it away from the house is what you want to do then by all means, do it. But please, don't spread the lies that keeping it outside of the house makes it less likely for your kids to get to the firearm. That's just ludicrous (not the rapper). If the fear of your kids getting a hold of a gun while locked in a safe is a concern to you, then you probably shouldn't allow any power tools in the house, only use safety Sporks as utensils, and throw away anything that could be a choking hazard. I'm guessing you use a lot of hand sanitizer and wipe everything down with Lysol too.

Back
Top Bottom