Central MA Gun Ranges w/ Firearm Storage?

I'm looking to find a range in the Central MA area (I'm just west of Worcester) that offers storage lockers for firearms, either as part of membership or at an additional fee. I'm only looking to store a handgun or two. I moved from Florida, where there are plenty of places that offer this, but I'm not finding anything using Google. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Good luck with that! I've never heard of any offering that and would think it a liability on their part. If only a couple hand guns why not a small safe in your place of residence? Another option would be a 24hr storage facility, they can be had cheap enough for a small unit.

Thanks for chiming in. I'm surprised this is uncommon here in MA.

I'm looking to do this for a few reasons:

- I have two small children, and my wife has expressed some concern about having guns in the house, locked up or not.
- My landlord has asked (politely) to not keep guns in the property.
- I'm planning to only shoot at the range, anyway.

Thanks for chiming in. I'm surprised this is uncommon here in MA.

I'm looking to do this for a few reasons:

- I have two small children, and my wife has expressed some concern about having guns in the house, locked up or not.
- My landlord has asked (politely) to not keep guns in the property.
- I'm planning to only shoot at the range, anyway.

Keep them locked up and educate your wife on safe handling
WTF does your landlord even know?!
What would you do if someone broke into your house while you and the family are there?

And "grow a pair"

OP. You are going to get lambasted on this. And I have to say deservedly so. It's none of your landlords business. What other private matters is he involved in? As for your wife not wanting guns in the house; does she not trust you to lock them up? You need to straighten that out right now. Kids have a far greater chance of being hurt with knives, matches, bathtubs, swimming pools, electricity, cars, bikes, stairs or whatever. Move all that shit to the storage place too!!

so should i get the popcorn now....

i cannot believe somebody from Florida with this mindset.....i have a 4 year old sir and i keep my Beretta 92 in a digital quick access safe and i have a security cabinet for other things. i will not flame you for your reasons but i will try to inform you that they are silly and based on nothing factual. a good quick access safe can store two handguns and can be bolted to a shelf. this is likely all you need.

honestly though tell your landlord to go pound sand...is no firearms allowed in your lease? you do know this is America right?

(edit) the strong gun laws here in MA are likely factors of why nobody will store your firearm anyway. if they store it is effectively there responsibility and well with our silly system of laws thats a big burden.

How freaking sad is this mindset? I'm not a Rambo type but this is so wrong on so many levels.

Wife doesn't want them in the house? Why?
Your kids will be hurt how?
Who opened their word hole to the landlord and for what purpose was the information disclosed? Who initiated the conversation on guns?
The only easy place to shoot 90% of the time around these parts is a range so I don't get the point.

[popcorn][popcorn] This is going to be awesome.

OP, you're going to get beat to death asking a question like that here. Hopefully you didn't already split after the reactions you got. IMO, you should talk to your wife and help her get over her hang-up about guns. They're not sentient objects....get a gun safe and lock it. Kid won't get in, guns won't get out. Problem solved. Tell the landlord to EABOD. Problem solved.

Thanks for the feedback so far. I can't say I'm surprised by the response, but it's probably important to remember that not everyone views gun ownership as something they're willing to take a stand on. I bought a gun because I went to the range once with a friend and had fun shooting holes in paper. I'd like to do it more often without having to pay to rent each time. But, it's not something I care to make my wife uncomfortable about, nor my landlord. It's not about being a pussy, it's about not having any strong opinion or need to have a gun in my house.

Now, my motorcycles? Those aren't living anywhere except in my garage.

So Does your wife keep your balls in her pocketbook? Just asking. Is she a nurse by any chance?

There seems to be this "guns over wives" view among a majority of the people I find on these forums. It's one viewpoint I'll never really understand. She has a strong opinion on this one, and I don't. Sometimes it's the opposite. Pretty simple.

There seems to be this "guns over wives" view among a majority of the people I find on these forums. It's one viewpoint I'll never really understand. She has a strong opinion on this one, and I don't. Sometimes it's the opposite. Pretty simple.
Might make a lot more sense in your case just to get rid of the gun(s). [thinking]

Never mind the negative nancys here, they are, of course, experts on everyone and everything. Live your life the way YOU see fit.

There are none in MA, except for possibly the new Weston club which is really expensive.

Otherwise you're looking at that, or MFL up in Manchester, for locker rentals.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

It's because if a woman is bossing you around about guns there's probably other things she's doing it on, too. This isn't an issue like "Don't come home drunk, I don't like it when you drink" this is "I hate you, and I don't want you exercising a human right". Just a little more offensive.

-Mike

Perhaps your wife would be ok with getting two small pistol safes, and storing your handgun in two pieces. She can't possibly object to that can she? Tell her you won't assemble them unless at the range.

Perhaps you could also educate your wife on firearm safety. How old is your child? My son has gone through the Eddie Eagle program several times now and I test him frequently with replicas, and he's only 4.

I'm far more concerned with the fact that your landlord is a part of this discussion. That ain't right.

This is the only range I'm aware of that has onsite storage, but it isn't anywhere near central MA.

Depending on where he is, Manchester might be closer. Doesn't sound like he's gonna shoot much either, so money wise it'd probably work out for him.

-Mike

Does the OP even have a MA LTC? [In MA it is a felony to possess any guns/ammo/large capacity pre-ban mags without a license. This isn't Florida!!]

If not, best NOT to answer that here in a public forum.

The MA gun laws are very arcane and overbearing. No gun club (non-profit) has paid staff on duty 24-7 to monitor and protect members personal property, thus they don't store guns for anyone (only club-owned guns for CMP and/or juniors programs). There are some commercial ranges that do store guns. The one in Weston or Manchester Firing Line in Manchester NH come to mind. It isn't cheap and over time it might be cheaper to just rent guns at a commercial range given the issues you have with your home situation.

Back
Top Bottom