Central MA Gun Ranges w/ Firearm Storage?

Just read through the post….You guys and gals are funny MF'ers...Mikevitz, good job keeping your cool, its awesome you took the wife to the range, hopefully with more trips she'll become more comfortable with firearms.

Keep them locked up if I want, but not because i'm told I have to. If I want to spoon with my mosin, i'm gonna.

Thanks for this. I thought I was the only one!

- - - Updated - - -

This is part of the problem. I continually see stories like his cited as "it can happen to anyone" reasoning for home defense gun ownership. But, when someone posts an accident involving a kid or something, it's "that guy is an idiot and I would never allow that to happen." I don't know about you guys, but I've forgotten my wallet at home, or my phone at the office, or had some other accidental departure from my routine before. It can happen to anyone.

I am stunned when someone can lose their wallet, or their keys or their cell phone.

I've never lost any of those things. I pay attention.

Of course they do. Similarly, people who are generally responsible make mistakes or commit oversights on occasion.
I bet if you check the stats you are far more likely to have a case of "oversight" driving a car than having a fire arm locked up in your home. Using your reasoning for seperating your ammo and gun into two seperate houses i assume you also do not ever drive a car for fear os some obersight Yes? No?

Of course they do. Similarly, people who are generally responsible make mistakes or commit oversights on occasion.

Or they are just incompetent. Some people can't change a light bulb, and for those people I would definitely not recommend they own guns.

Gun owners I know have a wide variety of DIY interests, that require years of experience, training, and technical know-how to do. Shoot/build guns, fly planes, maintain off-road vehicles, woodwork, electrical, computers, mountaineering, you name it.

People who keep guns at home, for the most part, are self-reliant, competent, and respectful of the limitations of their skill and experience. In my experience, they are also passionate about Individual Rights over Collective Rights.

If this doesn't describe you, then you probably shouldn't keep your gun at home.

I bet if you check the stats you are far more likely to have a case of "oversight" driving a car than having a fire arm locked up in your home. Using your reasoning for seperating your ammo and gun into two seperate houses i assume you also do not ever drive a car for fear os some obersight Yes? No?

Separating ammo and guns in separate house? Bloomberg's moms have really done a number on the incompetent Sheeple, haven't they?

Just read through the post….You guys and gals are funny MF'ers...Mikevitz, good job keeping your cool, its awesome you took the wife to the range, hopefully with more trips she'll become more comfortable with firearms.

Although I think it's great that he took his Wife shooting and agree that over time She may become more comfortable with firearms . . . the more Mike writes here, the more I believe it is MIKE who believes he can NOT be trusted around firearms and ammo. Recognizing that, he knows himself better than any of us know him, so perhaps he is right in keeping ammo in a separate house from the guns, each locked up!

The hypocrisy in this thread is strong. The same people that don't want .gov to dictate their rights and how to live their lives are the same ones telling OP how to live his. As foolish as we think he may be, he isn't breaking the law and can do as he pleases. 'Merica. That's all I gotta say.

The hypocrisy in this thread is strong. The same people that don't want .gov to dictate their rights and how to live their lives are the same ones telling OP how to live his. As foolish as we think he may be, he isn't breaking the law and can do as he pleases. 'Merica. That's all I gotta say.

You are right he can do as he pleases its his "thing". So I admit I am a bit harsh on this subject. My biggest "problem" with this is the OP's "Opinion" that generally responsible people have oversight from time to time and that is why a gun should be kept separate from the ammo. He's flat out wrong......its a dumb opinion.......and I'm voicing that opinion. When a gun owner starts babbling this utter bull shittery it fuels the gun grabbing soccer mom asshats and trust me....they would love to get ahold of the op to voice this in public to help their cause. Look....accidents happen all the time.......cars.....boats....canoes.......chain saws.....power saws...hell I even cut the tip of my finger off once with a set of pruning shears working on my shrubs. Guns are tools.....no more dangerous than a chain saw..........show some respect for them and you'll be fine. DO accidents happen? Yup........but I refuse to live my life in a coating of bubble wrap.

You are right he can do as he pleases its his "thing". So I admit I am a bit harsh on this subject. My biggest "problem" with this is the OP's "Opinion" that generally responsible people have oversight from time to time and that is why a gun should be kept separate from the ammo. He's flat out wrong......its a dumb opinion.......and I'm voicing that opinion. When a gun owner starts babbling this utter bull shittery it fuels the gun grabbing soccer mom asshats and trust me....they would love to get ahold of the op to voice this in public to help their cause. Look....accidents happen all the time.......cars.....boats....canoes.......chain saws.....power saws...hell I even cut the tip of my finger off once with a set of pruning shears working on my shrubs. Guns are tools.....no more dangerous than a chain saw..........show some respect for them and you'll be fine. DO accidents happen? Yup........but I refuse to live my life in a coating of bubble wrap.

Totally agree. OP is misguided with that irrational fear. Same stuff that drives the anti's. We should give advice on how to overcome that (many did) -- not bash him for his choices. He clearly respects the rights of others on here and our decisions on how we carry and store our firearms. He's not out there saying "there's no need to carry" etc. etc. In fact quite the opposite from what I read.

I don't doubt that one day, after getting more comfortable, he will "graduate" to keeping his gun(s) at home in the case he should ever need to protect his family, or one day carry. OP- it only takes one awakening experience to you or someone close to you to change that mindset quick. The folks here just don't want to see you go through it, god forbid, while you end up kicking yourself b/c your protection is next door. They just may not be the best at expressing it...

You don't get it do you. Lets say you are new to gun ownership. Those that are on the fence about what they deem "common sense" and 'reasonable'
Or have self doubt. At this stage of the game we don't want you or need you other than rifle decoy.
We have been sold out time and time again by people saying "Well I am a gun owner and I support a more common sense approach to _______ .
"Someone needs to do something! Sure I own a gun but I only use it for target practice. Nobody Needs to have _______________ ' You fill in the blanks
Do yourself a favor sell the gun get an air-soft gun sit out back and plink tin cans in the yard.......

This.
And why not also send "backyard barbecue" invites to Coakley, Linsky, Creem, Naughton, and hand out several in Harvard Square while you're at it. Then have a nice, big "guns are scary" cookout! (if your wife will let you, that is).
Jesus, we really ARE doomed in this god-forsaken sh*thole Commie/Anti state, when guys come to shooters forums and post stuff like the OP did.
Sorry, OP, if you think we're piling on, but seriously, dude, you should NOT be a gun owner. Period.

OP, did you put a trigger lock on the gun too?

One of the FIRST thing I learned in this sh*thole state: Never ever ever ever ever ever EVER tell ANYONE that you have a g-g-g-GUN!
("What do you think you are, a cop?" )
I think this gets blown out of proportion a lot on NES. I've told a bunch of people and no one seems to care. The vast majority of Americans truly doesn't care one bit about someone having a gun. They only start to have an opinion when it comes to UBCs and AWs because they are ignorant and misguided by the media.

one thing i will commend OP for is that he still signed up for an account after we've all been relentlessly shitting on him.

OP, educate yourself and your family and report back. there is a lot of good information on the site if you plan on sticking around.

OP- it only takes one awakening experience to you or someone close to you to change that mindset quick.

This couldn't be more true, my wife isn't comfortable around my guns.. She's fine with me owning them and they are stored in the safe down stairs (didn't want any bedside and I'm respecting that while I ease her into this) and I carry everywhere I go, she trusts me but is still nervous about the whole thing. Her moms a hardcore liberal teacher that is horrified that I would ever have a GUN, so I'm training 24 years or that out of her, it take time lol...

Other night someone went through my truck and the first thing she asked was if I could move my pistol box under the bed.. She also asked to go to the range with me this coming Sunday and started asking about the requirements for her to get her license. I couldn't be happier that she is seeing that it's my job to protect us but that while I'm no there it's her job to protect herself and our kid.. Plus I told her she doesn't get access to the safe or any guns until she's licensed so god forbid anything happen when I'm not homes she can't use those tools... I live in a low crime slow town but that doesn't mean I'm not prepared like I live in Chicago!

Good on you op for staying level headed and sticking around. I think it might be worth your while to take some classes at MFS.. It can make you and your wife much more comfortable around your firearms not to mention safer.

I disagree.

There is a difference between the .gov saying, "Do this, don't do that," and a person asking for an opinion and getting it.

I you ask me for an opinion, I'll give it, otherwise, unless your actions endanger me, or my own, I'll generally not say anything.

[rofl][rofl] [rofl]

One of the FIRST thing I learned in this sh*thole state: Never ever ever ever ever ever EVER tell ANYONE that you have a g-g-g-GUN!
("What do you think you are, a cop?" )

My MIL used to always ask "you don't carry that things with bullets in it do you? Especially no when you have the kids, right?"

Nope. It's mostly for looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's important to note that I don't think "people" should keep guns and ammo separate. I have zero interest in making anyone else's decision for them. For me, I think this is the safest route when it comes to keeping my kids away from the guns.

Yeah, repped for going green, for sticking out the sticks and stones.

Still think you need a major realignment of what you are capable of, but, at least you have big balls. They might be blue balls, but still...

Back
Top Bottom