Carrying while skiing... Need suggestions!

Good gawd,doesn't anyone use their fists anymore ?

Seriously,how did you guys survive before you were able to carry a gun ?

I didn't carry until I was 37 or so and I lived in cities my entire life..much worse than most of the cities in MA.

Imagine this...I don't carry a gun on weekdays because I am working.if work policy allowed me to carry,it might be a different story [smile]

But alas,I am still alive.

I am also guessing that swimming is a banned sport for NES'ers ?

You're joking right?

You missed the WHOLE DANG NAMMIT POINT of this thread. [slap]

Does anyone read a thread before posting in it anymore?

[crying]

[horse]

[popcorn]

Last edited:
Hanwei: You are going to have to work some to come up with a thread that can beat this one for shear volume; more than 1500 looks, and over a 100 responses with no end in sight. And this without a hint of sex or manly animal behavior in the original post.

It'll be easy... I just need to start another thread titled "Carrying while ______ (insert any sport)... Need suggestions!" And we should see a repeat of this thread [rolleyes] [laugh]

Do you folks that carry a weapon while skiing also carry while at church too?
You could be attacked by someone at church like a priest or a sister....

They had to hide Bernie Law in the Vatican for all the alter boys who came gunning for him in church.

It'll be easy... I just need to start another thread titled "Carrying while ______ (insert any sport)... Need suggestions!" And we should see a repeat of this thread [rolleyes] [laugh]

You asked for it. Anybody carry while involving themselves in carnal knowledge?

Kinda curious what people do when they go swimming somewhere other than home.

Lock the gun in the trunk, or if I'm riding with friends, leave the gun at home.

Yes, every Sunday, last night it was a Glock 32 with a spare 15 round mag.

I think this thread should be stickied because some of these responses are a perfect illustration of why this country is going down the shitter.

Ditto. I never knew there could be so many circumstances where I don't need a gun. I feel like an idiot for carrying for all these years, and I haven't even shot one person. [rolleyes]

Jesus Bill, he's got you there. When a fella's right, he's right.

He is right.

Personally, I got 5.5 pounds (with 8 round mag) of .44 Desert Eagle and the only outfit that it conceals under is my ski clothing. So I like that.

Plus, I can clear out a line pretty quick.

One thing that's funny, when I'm waving it wildly around from the lift, I like to roll my wrist so it looks like I'm completely out of control and no one can guess where it will be pointing when it stops. Thing is, when I'm actually shooting at people, I have to remember to tighten my grip or I get endless FTE.

Also, skiers? You got to lead them.

Ah Mr. Duke, making me chuckle again!

Good gawd,doesn't anyone use their fists anymore ?

Seriously,how did you guys survive before you were able to carry a gun ?

I didn't carry until I was 37 or so and I lived in cities my entire life..much worse than most of the cities in MA.

Imagine this...I don't carry a gun on weekdays because I am working.if work policy allowed me to carry,it might be a different story [smile]

But alas,I am still alive.

I am also guessing that swimming is a banned sport for NES'ers ?

So why carry a gun at all? Looks like you've never needed it before, and you'll never need it again.

I haven't read every page of this thread, but was this previously discussed thread (http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28363&highlight=carry+ski) mentioned?

Reading that thread has helped me to find a fantastic example of someone mocking carry while skiing...our very own beloved N.E. Charters.

I figure that if I need a gun while shooshing with the bunnies that all Ill have to do is reach down and pick one up. Theryll be plenty of them laying around.

Real Skiers use their poles as weapons and flasks

236689BGJF_w.jpg

As a side not, if someone knows of a blog that N.E. Charters runs, please let me know. Reading his thoughts is like trying to understand when a toddler is learning to talk. You know they're trying to say something, they say it with emphasis, meaning, and it's obviously important to them. But only their mother can understand.

Reading that thread has helped me to find a fantastic example of someone mocking carry while skiing...our very own beloved N.E. Charters.

+4 for fitting a piece of something N.E. Charters wrote into a relevant event. Had I not seen it with my own eyes, I would have said it was impossible.

Simply amazing.

+4 for fitting a piece of something N.E. Charters wrote into a relevant event. Had I not seen it with my own eyes, I would have said it was impossible.

Simply amazing.

Like the original mall ninja, I think N.E. Charters was either playing things up on purpose or 6 years old.

And I'm serious about the blog.

No need for a gun while skiing, eh?

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/dec/30/officer-involved-shooting-near-eldora-ski-resort/

NEDERLAND — Authorities believe the gunman who killed the general manager at Eldora Mountain Resort Tuesday morning also killed his cat before embarking on a deadly rampage.

The gunman, Derik A. Bonestroo, 24, of Nederland, died during a standoff with a sheriff's deputy on a scenic highway several miles away not long after the shooting at Eldora.

Boulder Sheriff Cmdr. Phil West confirmed Wednesday that investigators found his cat dead from a knife or gunshot wound when they searched Bonestroo's apartment where he lived alone.

Officers also searched his parents' home in rural Boulder County near Hygiene, including the room where Bonestroo stayed.

Bonestroo, who was not well-known in the laid-back mountain community and had worked only this season as a lift operator, fired a bullet into the ceiling of the resort's locker room after saying something along the lines of: "I'm a Christian and if you're not a Christian I'm here to convert you."

West said that Bonestroo asked resort manager Brian Mahon about his own beliefs. Mahon told the gunman he was Catholic before being shot to death.

West said witnesses told conflicting accounts about what Bonestroo's exact words were.

This is what investigators say happened: Bonestroo walked into the locker room dressed in black, a pistol in his hand, shouting about religion before firing a shot into the ceiling.

Mahon, a 49-year-old married father of two daughters, was in an adjacent room and burst into the locker room when he heard the shot. Within seconds, the popular general manager lay dead.

Bonestroo graduated in 2003 from Lyons High School, where he played on the football team. He doesn't have a criminal record in Colorado, according to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

"His motive at this point is still open to speculation," West said.

'Very agitated and angry'

The trouble apparently started in town a little before 7 a.m. when Cynthia Davis, an employee at the local newspaper, the Nederland Mountain Ear, awakened to someone pounding on her front door. After Davis answered, she was confronted by a tall, slender man with a pistol strapped to his right thigh and dressed in black.

The man, whom Davis described as "very agitated and angry," was looking for some former neighbors of hers who worked at the ski area.

"I don't know where they are — leave me alone," she told the man, and he left.

Her neighbors, whom she did not identify, moved out of town recently. Davis said she did not call police, in part because she didn't believe her eyes as she stared at the pistol.

"I kept telling myself that it had to be a walkie- talkie or something because it didn't make sense why he would have a weapon," Davis said. "I thought he was a cop."

Five miles west of town, at the Eldora ski area, lift operators trickled into the locker room in the pump house near the base for their regular morning meeting. Outside, bitter winds howled through the valleys.

Shortly after 7 a.m., between 15 and 20 workers were in the room when Bonestroo entered.

Rob Linde, spokesman for the resort, said the man was a lift operator who had been hired for this ski season.

Bonestroo spewed something religious — a statement that was heard differently by witnesses.

"There are various interpretations of what was said," Cmdr. West said.

Then the man fired a single shot through the ceiling from his black handgun, West said.

Mahon, working in an adjacent room, stepped through a door to investigate.

According to witnesses, the shooter asked Mahon which religion he believed in. When Mahon answered that he was a Catholic, the shooter fired at him, several witnesses said. Bonestroo shot Mahon twice, once in the chest, once in the head.

"I was scared for my life — as scared as I've ever been," said Fabio Sales, who was in the room.

Several workers called 911. It was 7:26 a.m.

Gunbattle erupts

Deputy John Seifert, who has been with the department for nearly four years and had prior law enforcement experience, was on patrol in the area. After hearing the radio call, he sped toward the resort.

Near Nederland High School, on County Road 130, Seifert saw Bonestroo's gold Infiniti pass him going the other way. Seifert turned around to pursue the sedan.

In Nederland, Bonestroo turned onto Colorado 119, the winding two-lane road known as the Peak to Peak Highway for its majestic views of snow-capped mountains. About a mile south of the city, on a sweeping curve, Bonestroo pulled onto the shoulder.

A moment later, Bonestroo started firing at Seifert's Tahoe, which was parked about 60 feet behind him — either after opening the driver's door or leaning out the window, Cmdr. West said. Bullets tore through the radiator, hood and windshield, spraying Seifert with glass as he scrambled out the driver's door with his AR-15 semiautomatic rifle.

Seifert took up a position near the right rear corner of his vehicle, West said, and opened fire, killing Bonestroo, who slumped behind the wheel. Seifert escaped with some minor cuts.

As investigators worked at the scene, bullet holes could be seen in the back window and windshield of the Infiniti.

Someone living along the highway called 911 to report gunfire. That call came in at 7:36 a.m.

Resort reopened today

The ski area was closed Tuesday, but reopened today — and traffic was diverted around a section of Colorado 119 for most of the day.

West said investigators were perplexed as to what led to the violence. West said friends of the gunman indicated that he had been "experiencing some emotional crisis," but he did not elaborate.

Last edited:

Her neighbors, whom she did not identify, moved out of town recently. Davis said she did not call police, in part because she didn't believe her eyes as she stared at the pistol.

"I kept telling myself that it had to be a walkie- talkie or something because it didn't make sense why he would have a weapon," Davis said. "I thought he was a cop."

Crap!!! Crap!!!

I hope no one in the vicinity panicked and fell on their cell phones and injured themselves in the ensuing panic.

Last edited:

Your bout with violence might not occur "at" church (or the mall, swimming, skiing), but instead "on the way" to these places. Or maybe on the way back?

The first time you leave your firearm at home because it is not comfortable or convenient you just open the door for further excuses:

• I’m only going to be gone for a couple of minutes…

• Nothing happened the last time I went out…

• I’m going to a safe part of town…

• I’m just going down to check the mail…

If you have the training, experience, and gumption, there is no reason not to go about armed.

The death you prevent just might be your own - or someone you love.

HEY! Which whippersnapper brought the thread rating down to 3 stars?! Why I oughtta... [mg]

[popcorn]

Man, I was skiing today. I wiped out big time twice. I am glad I was NOT carrying! I would have one very damaged handgun right now (or maybe some part of my body where the handgun would have sunk into)!

Crap!!! Crap!!!

I hope no one in the vicinity panicked and fell on their cell phones and injured themselves in the ensuing panic.

'Cause that would be a tragedy. Mass shootings happen all the time, but I personally have never heard of anyone get injured while skiing.

[rofl]

Certainly not while horsing around tossing a football on the slopes[sad2]

It's a wonder its still legal in this nanny state...

Pretty soon you'll just need a license for it, and a safety course, background check, "suitability," and "high capacity lift tickets" will be highly regulated. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom