Carrying OC @ a Pat's game?

Their website clearly states no weapons (including knives), but does this include OC, as far as anyone knows?
"PROHIBITED ITEMS:

Any item deemed inappropriate by stadium management will not be allowed into the stadium, including but not limited to:

* Any alcoholic beverages
* Weapons of any kind [including knives]
* Food or beverages [unless the individual is in possession of a letter signed by Mark Briggs, Chief Operating Officer of TeamOps LLC]
* Illegal drugs or substances
* Coolers or containers, including cans and bottles
* Umbrellas
* Fireworks or pyrotechnics
* Animals, except service animals assisting those with disabilities
* Strollers or baby seats
* Folding and/or stand alone chairs
* Noisemakers, bullhorns or air horns
* Balloons or beach balls
* Bags larger than 8 ½" x 11" x 6" (see below)
* Any other item deemed inappropriate by stadium management."

No, you can't Open Carry to a Pats game!

... unless you've got the muskets that they fire for a touchdown!

I think everyone is misreading the original question. He's not saying Open Carry at a Pats game, he says carrying OC - as in pepper spray.

AT least thats how I read it.

I'm not sure what their policy is on OC spray at Gillette. The Garden explicitly prohibits it though. The last Patriots game I went to there was a metal detector and a "random" pat down. The problem is that if they decide it's a prohibited item (and find it on you) there are two posibilities:
1. They confiscate it - you're out the $10 you paid for it. Not really a big deal
2. They decide to refuse to let you enter.

I've never found the need to carry anything to a Pats game except food and beer. What are we afraid of?

Things like this.

He's going to a place where thousands of sports fans will be drinking and getting riled up. Bad things also happen in parking lots, and on the roads to and from games.

Last edited:
Is OC a weapon? Come on.

It's a "less lethal weapon", which doesn't mean it's not a weapon. FID considerations aside, it's intended to incapacitate the person you use it on. Which makes it a weapon.

I'm not sure what their policy is on OC spray at Gillette. The Garden explicitly prohibits it though. The last Patriots game I went to there was a metal detector and a "random" pat down. The problem is that if they decide it's a prohibited item (and find it on you) there are two posibilities:
1. They confiscate it - you're out the $10 you paid for it. Not really a big deal
2. They decide to refuse to let you enter.

From what I've heard the Patriots organization reacts very strongly to any infraction of their rules. Not only will you likely not be allowed entry, but if you are a season ticket holder you will likely lose you season tickets. If you are the guest of a season ticket holder and are ejected or refused entry for a rules violation, there is a good chance that the ticket holder will lose his tickets. The Patriots have a zero tolerance policy for any rules violation.

dhuze said:
I've never found the need to carry anything to a Pats game except food and beer. What are we afraid of?
Things like this.

He's going to a place where thousands of sports fans will be drinking and getting riled up. Bad things also happen in parking lots, and on the roads to and from games.

Bingo! I don't think I need to elaborate on that.

The tickets are my father-in-laws season tix, so I don't think I'll take any chances on his dime.
I'll leave the arsenal at home [thinking]

I have to ask, why?
Why? Because you never know...
And, as stated above, you get 68,756 screaming fans together, they all "have a few beers", and you think there's zero potential for a violent confrontation? I don't consider myself a doomsday prophet or hardcore survivalist by any means, but why wouldn't I want some proven means of defending myself if a couple of those drunk yahoo's decide they want to get a little rowdy?

Regardless, I'm not trying to discuss the probabilities and statistics of the need for self-defense in that forum. In fact, I've been going to sporting events, public gatherings and big cities my entire life without incident, but now that I am legally licensed and have the means to provide protection for my wife and I, why wouldn't I ask if I can? If I were allowed to, I would carry all three tools with me. What good reason could you possibly give me not to give yourself every opportunity to protect the lives of you, your wife and your family?

That being said, it's against the rules, so all the hardware will stay at home, and my wife and I will go to the game, enjoy the brisk December air, and have a great time!

Thanks for everyone's input~

I used to work the gates at Gillette, If you where patted down and you where carrying anything including OC you would be denied entry and your ticket would be revoked and whoever the ticket holder was would lose there season tickets. Leave it in the car for the road rage on the way home.

Dan Long
Boston

I used to work the gates at Gillette, If you where patted down and you where carrying anything including OC you would be denied entry and your ticket would be revoked and whoever the ticket holder was would lose there season tickets.
That's all I needed to know. Like I said in a previous post, they are my father-in-laws season tix and I'm not going to jeopardize them.
CaptDan3 said:
Leave it in the car for the road rage on the way home.

Will do.

If you're that concerned, carry a really, really sturdy pen.[grin]

The whole "safety" thing is sort of a joke. You have thousands and thousands of drunk drivers all hitting the road at the same time, but the police pretend they are all sober because the logistics of stopping them all is impossible. My wife has had season tickets for 18 years and I usually pick her up at the Lafayette House and take the back roads home to avoid the cluster&*%$ that they call 495 after a game.

If you're that concerned, carry a really, really sturdy pen.[grin]

The whole "safety" thing is sort of a joke. You have thousands and thousands of drunk drivers all hitting the road at the same time, but the police pretend they are all sober because the logistics of stopping them all is impossible. My wife has had season tickets for 18 years and I usually pick her up at the Lafayette House and take the back roads home to avoid the cluster&*%$ that they call 495 after a game.

It's not so much that I'm "concerned" at all. It's just that if it was allowed, then sure, I'd bring it! Why not? Trust me, I won't lose any sleep over it.

However, I haven't been to a Pat's game in over 10 years, and I've never personally driven to and from one, so I'm sure the ride in and out will be quite an experience!

It's not so much that I'm "concerned" at all. It's just that if it was allowed, then sure, I'd bring it! Why not? Trust me, I won't lose any sleep over it.

However, I haven't been to a Pat's game in over 10 years, and I've never personally driven to and from one, so I'm sure the ride in and out will be quite an experience!

Trust me, as the DD driver, it sucks.[smile]
I can do about one game, that's it. When I am at a game I feel like I am in a minimum security prison that serves beer.

Trust me, as the DD driver, it sucks.[smile]
I can do about one game, that's it. When I am at a game I feel like I am in a minimum security prison that serves beer.

My wife and I aren't big drinkers, so I'll be fine not to drink. I can imagine I'll have my fill of the "game experience" for the season after the 13th, though!

How about if something happened while you were walking back to your car? Or to the stadium if you parked on Route 1?

Criminals don't make appointments.

Weapon prohibitions are one of the reasons why I don't go to stadiums/ball parks.

Step 1: Dont piss off anyone bigger and/or drunker than you
While that's never been my intention, the last Pat's game I was at as a teenager, everyone jumped up at the same time to celebrate a great play, and I bumped into the guy behind me and he spilled his beer all over himself. He was pissed, and I think he only refrained from throwing a punch because I was clearly underage a the time [smile]
Chrisg67 said:
Step 2: Enjoy yourself
Will do!!!
[party]

Things like this.

Bingo! I don't think I need to elaborate on that.

The tickets are my father-in-laws season tix, so I don't think I'll take any chances on his dime.
I'll leave the arsenal at home [thinking]

How about if something happened while you were walking back to your car? Or to the stadium if you parked on Route 1?

Criminals don't make appointments.

Weapon prohibitions are one of the reasons why I don't go to stadiums/ball parks.

I've been to lots of Pats games in Foxboro as well as many other stadiums. I have never even come close to thinking I needed anything for protection. Every game I've gone to I wore my Patriots gear. Other that getting and giving crap Nothing has made me feel threatened. I don't understand being afraid to go anywhere without some sort of protection.
Maybe you are thinking of the old days when there were lots of fights at the games. I remember seeeing fights all during games. I haven't seen any fights for the last 10 years or so. They have put in a zero tolerence policy in all stadiums now and even arguing can get you banned from the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom