CAA Roni Carbine Conversions

I remember SHOT 2016 there was a lot of news surrounding the Micro RONI that allowed putting a Glock into a clamshell like device that had a buttstock and a rail on the top for optics, but it would legally be an SBR and regular, unimportant people would have to pay the $200 stamp.

Now I'm discovering that CAA has something called the RONI Stab that has a Sig Brace and that means no tax stamp and being able to fire it shouldered.

They also have made a true rifle conversion that includes a 16 inch barrel and collapsible buttstock. This wouldn't make too much sense to me because there are already carbines with 16 inch barrels that use common pistol mags like Glock, Sig, S&W, etc and then there's the Mechtech uppers that fit onto Glocks, 1911's, and Berettas.

So, the novelty is there with me for the Sig brace RONI because it's basically an SBR, but I'm trying to think if it's really something that I or others could use. IDK, what do you guys think about this? Do you guys think an SBR with a 5 inch or 9 inch barrel shooting a 9mm, .40, .45, or 10mm is better than just having a pistol?

I bought a Micro Roni-Stab during Primary Arms Cyber Monday sale. I don't really know why, I just liked the look of it. There is no barrel just the opening where the bullet passed through after exiting your pistol.

U06ie2l.jpg

I say the 870s are cooler. I don't see the point of either since they can't be carried concealed
Not looking to conceal carry it. Looking at it as an SBR candidate for engagements inside of 75-100 yards. I'm thinking if the opening where the bullet passes through will accept an extended barrel, say one of the Lone Wolf 9 inch barrels, the extra velocity would make it quite powerful for the size of the gun. Could also have the barrel cut down a bit and threaded for a suppressor.

I have a Kel Tec Sub 2000 gen 1. It's reliable and combat accurate, but it's big. I'm thinking this would be much more efficient for inside the home and still have the ability to stretch out a bit more.

I bought a Micro Roni-Stab during Primary Arms Cyber Monday sale. I don't really know why, I just liked the look of it. There is no barrel just the opening where the bullet passed through after exiting your pistol.

U06ie2l.jpg
How much it sell for on Cyber Monday?

Not looking to conceal carry it. Looking at it as an SBR candidate for engagements inside of 75-100 yards. I'm thinking if the opening where the bullet passes through will accept an extended barrel, say one of the Lone Wolf 9 inch barrels, the extra velocity would make it quite powerful for the size of the gun. Could also have the barrel cut down a bit and threaded for a suppressor.

I have a Kel Tec Sub 2000 gen 1. It's reliable and combat accurate, but it's big. I'm thinking this would be much more efficient for inside the home and still have the ability to stretch out a bit more.
Why not just get one of the PDW that is purpose built for this? My issue with a shell like this is that it just doesn't seem as robust as an actual gun

Why not just get one of the PDW that is purpose built for this? My issue with a shell like this is that it just doesn't seem as robust as an actual gun
SBR's not legal where I live, don't feel like waiting for the tax stamp or paying the $200 for it either.

That's not a bad idea, but I'm not seeing how it's clearly superior to what the RONI stab is.
It is a monolithic firearm designed to be what it is, not a shell trying to shoehorn more into a design. I had a mechtech upper for a while, but I would not run one for defense - even though it gave me no trouble

I don't get these things, you got a perfectly good pistol, no, you then put all kind of crap around it.

PDW usually use round slightly more powerful than ordinary pistol but not quiet a rifle, that makes sense, it's a step in between.

Mechtech is a conversion that uses 16" barrel and blow back, so glock/1911 is just a trigger/mag/handle.

The charging handle interfaces with the rear slide serrations, like a tongue in groove. The pistol is essentially clamped in place and there's two sliding locking plates that get pinned into place.

The benefit to me is the pistol gets better, more visible sights, or optics, yet remains a very small, compact firearm that's easier to hit with.

I don't get these things, you got a perfectly good pistol, no, you then put all kind of crap around it.

PDW usually use round slightly more powerful than ordinary pistol but not quiet a rifle, that makes sense, it's a step in between.

Mechtech is a conversion that uses 16" barrel and blow back, so glock/1911 is just a trigger/mag/handle.

Or another way of thinking of it is that MechTech is just an upper.
I've got one. I like it as a range toy.
Not my first choice as a defensive weapon. In an enclosed space I'm more comfortable with a pistol, and outside I'd rather have my AR.

That being said, it's a neat firearm, and I think I'll take it to the range today - it's been a while since I've shot it.

So... nobody thinks the Roni Stab has any merits? It's just a waste of money?

Bumping this cause CAA has a new 4" longer stabilizer that's legal to shoulder (It's licensed from SB Tactical so has ATF approval). It should make it much more comfortable to shoulder.

Why buy one? It is more accurate and lets you mount optics and sights. Since it's not a firearm, leave it in your trunk and if SHTF, put your carry piece into it, the process takes about 2 seconds. Works not just with Glocks, they support a wide range of handguns, CZ, HK, Sig etc. You can also get one that stores a 2nd mag in the handguard. Edit: the Micro works only with Glock 17/19/22/31.

Standard version:

2_micro-roni-stab-small-660x330.jpg

Long-stabilizer (not yet released).
0001893_stabilizer-extender-for-micro-roni-stabilizer.jpeg

Last edited:
Wouldn't this make the glock an assault weapon in Mass due to the pistol weight restriction?

I think that's the only evil feature, it needs two to be an AW. It's 25 oz so in theory you could probably make one under 50 oz and add another evil feature, like a short barrel, but that would only matter to MA.

MA can of course interpret the law to mean whatever it wants, as we know.

(C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of—
  1. an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
  2. a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
  3. a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
  4. a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
  5. a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; and

I have been looking at these for a while but questioned if it could actually be shouldered comfortably. Looks like the long version solves that.

Also to those questioning the legality of this it's nothing more than an accessory like a flashlight. I have seen these for sale at my LGS.

Back
Top Bottom