Brown to Vote Against Reciprocity Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an AID told him he lost my vote, my family's vote, my gun clubs vote and probably all the gun owners in Mass. Im voting third party or a bullet. I wouldnt vote for either now. Now the AID was flustered and said their phones have been ringing off the hook. So here we go Call and Email as much as possible and see what he does.

Its kinda fun blasting his office! (202) 224-4543

[angry2] [angry2] [angry2] [angry2]

i just left a "to the point" polite message, that i will not be voting for him.

and of all the things, a letter to Menino, are you shitting me.....

I disagree only with your last line. I think that more people have left this state for financial reasons than for gun law reasons. Here, inside the echo chamber, it's easy to think that guns are the biggest issue around. While it's a big issue for US, it's not a big issue for most other people. Outside of NES, I only know of a few people who had guns and gun laws enter into their calculus when deciding to move out of state. One moved because of taxes, housing prices, other cost of living factors, and finally guns. I don't know that he's bought one gun since moving the New Hampshire. The additional commuting costs are more than offset by other savings he realizes up there.

If I were able to move I would, and guns would certainly be a factor. Other stupid laws in this state, a stupid tax structure, value for my housing dollar, and other factors would be larger factors.

I think if you ask around, you'll find that a lot of people left for non gun reasons.

i agree with you on this issue, guns are a factor but there are many others

that need to come before this for at least me to move.

isn't that what the courts are for?

Yeah, but add in some liberal judges, years of delay, politicians who do what they want anyway, etc. (see: Chicago) and no law can survive a popular desire to ignore it.

Brown or Warren. Which dingbat, er...moonbat, do you want?

Why do I have to choose? I didn't create this mess, and I don't understand why I have to pick a loser on the list. If I have to go fill in little circles for Romney and Brown, then I think I'll stay home, pour myself a drink, and toast the few Americans who give a shit about freedom. I know perfection is not available. But some candidates are so bad that supporting them in any way is not on the table. Brown was fine last time when the goal was to stick it to Obama and make his healthcare plan more difficult to pass. Right now, Brown doesn't offer enough positives to make it worth my disgust at voting for him.

I disagree only with your last line. I think that more people have left this state for financial reasons than for gun law reasons. Here, inside the echo chamber, it's easy to think that guns are the biggest issue around. While it's a big issue for US, it's not a big issue for most other people. Outside of NES, I only know of a few people who had guns and gun laws enter into their calculus when deciding to move out of state. One moved because of taxes, housing prices, other cost of living factors, and finally guns. I don't know that he's bought one gun since moving the New Hampshire. The additional commuting costs are more than offset by other savings he realizes up there.

If I were able to move I would, and guns would certainly be a factor. Other stupid laws in this state, a stupid tax structure, value for my housing dollar, and other factors would be larger factors.

I think if you ask around, you'll find that a lot of people left for non gun reasons.

I'm not suggesting gun laws are the only issue, just part of the calculus. There are many other onerous laws, taxes, etc. that drive folks to leave.

Nobody should underestimate, though, the benefit in shaping the electorate via the passage of liberal utopian legislation. You see a lot more of it once the Dems have achieved a virtual monopoly via gerrymandering, etc.

There was a bill proposed a year or so ago to require gun owners to carry a $250,000 liability insurance policy on EACH GUN. What possible benefit would there have been to that law, other than to drive people out of state?

Hell, I know one guy with about a thousand guns. Would he have given up his guns or moved?

He just lost my vote. I voted for him in the last election as I was expecting someone with some backbone and would someone who "REPRESENTED" the people. He is like all the other empty suits in D.C. He has no balls.

People will give up their guns, because their houses are under water. Yet people here still buy homes in MA...

You obviously don't know much about Elizabeth Warren.
Worse then Ted or just as bad? I have no doubts she is the polar opposite of what I believe yet I'll still vote for her. Rinos need to be tossed no matter how distasteful the alternative is.

http://www.facebook.com/senatorscottbrown
Have at it [wink]

People will give up their guns, because their houses are under water. Yet people here still buy homes in MA...
No, I will never buy in the PRM, nor will I ever give up my guns. I plan on leaving this cesspool within a year. If that includes me leaving my job, so be it. This state is a cancer.

Last edited:
Worse then Ted or just as bad? I have no doubts she is the polar opposite of what I believe yet I'll still vote for her. Rinos need to be tossed no matter how distasteful the alternative is.

Lunacy!

A RINO in a Democrat stonghold who will vote the right way occasionally (and can occasionally be reasoned with) is preferrable to a leftist zealot (I think left of Teddy) who will never vote the correct way.

Partial victories need to be taken when they're available. Remember all those years with entrenched Ted? How many times might someone else voted differently on a critical issue?

If you know Elizabeth Warren, you wouldn't want her 'representing you' for a couple of decades.

Last edited:
Partial victories need to be taken when they're available. Remember all those years with entrenched Ted? How many times might someone else voted differently on a critical issue?

If we all do this, why should Scott Brown (or anyone else) do anything but pay the most minimal lip service to conservatism?

If we all do this, why should Scott Brown (or anyone else) do anything but pay the most minimal lip service to conservatism?

It's really very simple. Elizabeth Warren or Scott Brown. At least to me, the choice is obvious.

I want to preface this by saying I'm not trying to start an argument, because I know this is a touchy subject. I'm looking for information, not a flame war. :)

Anybody have info on what state has the most lax concealed carry requirements? I'm all for a person's right to protection, but there are some people who probably shouldn't be allowed to carry (I'm thinking ex convicts, people with severe psychological issues, etc). Perhaps in some states they can get a license easily, thus leading states like MA to feel the need to "protect" themselves from states with particularly lax requirements. I don't really know the facts, which is why I'm asking.

Maybe the better way to go about this would be to have a country-wide CCW license, so there's no issue with one state being more lax than another?

I'll argue that even ex-cons have the right to defend themselves. What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" do you not understand?????

His facebook page is priceless, you get to put a name to the face for all the anti gun moonbats you hear about

https://www.facebook.com/senatorscottbrown?sk=wall&filter=12

Many of the posts supporting his vote on reciprocity use the same exact language.

Thank you for standing up for MA. I’m glad you sided with our mayors and cops when it came to deciding who can carry concealed and loaded guns in MA.

I'm guessing that there's a moonbat site that's urging people to "thank him." A couple of folks also commended him for his letter to Menino.

Whew! I'm glad he's got that R after his name so I don't mistake him for a typical liberal moonbat.

Putting the merits of the bill aside, you guys that would vote for Warren over Brown in the election are just morons and/or gluttons for continued Nanny-state beat-downs. She would vote the opposite way of your ideals EVERY single time.

-JR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
isn't that what the courts are for?
So more of the citizen's money being spent to uphold a right that the govt. is not supposed to infringe upon and in the mean time some of those citizens will be sitting in a jail cell till their case is heard?

You guys that would vote for Warren over Brown in the election are just morons and/or gluttons for continued Nanny-state beat-downs. She would vote the opposite way of your ideals EVERY single time.

-JR

As stated before this national carry bill Isn't a good idea. Might sound good but its gonna be a nightmare. Leave it up to the states I mean its not ideal, as some might be bad like ma but others are great like vt NH and you can seek refuge there.

Although this is a visceral disappointment, I can think of at least three really good reasons why this is a reasonable position for Sen. Brown:

1) A vote for would have been used against him by Ms. Warren and would have ultimately cost votes. Voters in MA still don't regard the possession and carrying of arms 'normal'.

2) There are many good reasons (mostly articulated in previous comments) why legislation of this type is NOT the way we want to have our second amendment rights recognized and vindicated.

3) As I've stated before, H.R. 822 is NOT bill of substance. I never thought that this was a bill that had any serious chance of passing and was never intended to do so. This was an opportunity for members of Congress to get 'on the 2A record' with little threat of upsetting the status quo. Noses were counted well in advance to ensure that this didn't go through and that each Senator had the opportunity to come down on the side of the issue that was most favorable for them.

HR 822 is totally irrelevant in any case. Even if by some miracle the bill passed both houses, the President won't sign it.

Let's increase the beatings to critical mass quickly and all die or start over. Voting for rinos is just a slower more painful death. Tolerating rinos hurts more than it helps(MA is screwed either way.) It sure was a nice feelgood moment putting an R in Teddy's seat but it is time to get back to our regularly scheduled beatings, which are preferable over browns random beatings.
Putting the merits of the bill aside, you guys that would vote for Warren over Brown in the election are just morons and/or gluttons for continued Nanny-state beat-downs. She would vote the opposite way of your ideals EVERY single time.

-JR

HR 822 is totally irrelevant in any case. Even if by some miracle the bill passed both houses, the President won't sign it.
This.
Regardless of which side we as gun owners take on this issue, it would be nice to send the message to the libtards: That there alot of us out there, and we demand to be heard.

So more of the citizen's money being spent to uphold a right that the govt. is not supposed to infringe upon and in the mean time some of those citizens will be sitting in a jail cell till their case is heard?

whats the alternative? praying to God that 30-40% of the population that does not like guns changes their minds magically?

If this actually became law, MA would probably move to ban concealed carry entirely thus excluding it from any reciprocity altogether.

Scott Brown is still a dbag though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom