Brown to Vote Against Reciprocity Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I could almost lie to myself and think that this isn't so bad because Brown is making a stand for state's rights (although that thought is misguided when it comes to the Bill of Rights), that is until I read the last paragraph of his letter to Mayor Mumbles:

"Thank you for your outreach and advocacy on this critical issue for Massachusetts and the country. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with me."

He is thanking the co-chair of the radical anti-gun "Mayors Against Illegal Guns" for his advocacy?? This is unforgivable without further explanation or retraction from Brown.

So basically Scott Brown has restricted my 2nd amendments more than President Obama has, pure fact now, pretty crazy, considering he has a R next to his name, Ill vote "Derek ADMIN from NES" Nov 2012

It`s not unexpected. He`s running for re-election against a uber liberal moonbat who would have beat him up if he supported the bill. I have already sent him an email telling him how disappointed we are in him. I will still support him because, as I`ve stated previously, he`s a Republican and he drives the liberal Dems crazy because he`s in Teddy`s seat. Would you rather have Lizzie Moonbat in the seat?

I've been trying to find her position on gun control/grabbing, and ... found nothing. Aside from having a "D" after her name, why do you think she's anti-gun? Can you point me at something that shows her actual position(s)?

Ad-hominem attacks don't really help the discussion.

So Scott Brown supports the unlawful prosecution of citizens because of the screwed up gun laws in this nation, yep he lost my vote, ill right in my own name before i vote for him.

I've been trying to find her position on gun control/grabbing, and ... found nothing. Aside from having a "D" after her name, why do you think she's anti-gun? Can you point me at something that shows her actual position(s)?

Ad-hominem attacks don't really help the discussion.

I looked as well, couldnt find anything on her views, there are D's who support 2A's, ie mine, GOAL endorsed.

Just because she doesnt go around waiving a 1911, doesnt mean she is anti gun

GOAL Rating Candidate Party Incumbent
A+ Christine E. Canavan D Yes GOAL Endorsed

I think it comes down to the fact that a lot of Americans don't understand what "infringed" means. To us it's crystal clear.

mah shocked face. let me show u it.

brown is a tool, i wanted a refund for the campaign contribution i made to him almost immediately after he got his slimy ass into office.

"Count me as another voter who has just dumped you. You received the support of virtually all the firearms owners in Ma in you last election, you do not have my support, my wife's support, any of my family's report (there are many of us with LTC's) nor the support of my gun club.

You have shown that you are no different than the other pol's in this state.

With E Warren at least it's obvious who/what she is, and we won't get any surprises from her.

When will my driver's license be no good in other states? Different states have different laws and insurance requirements so your analogy is full of holes.

You're a big disappointment.

Good luck getting your old 'civilian' job back."

WTF Scott - wolf in sheeps clothing? What is wrong with this guy.
I think he wants to retire next year.

Nobody. I'll probably still hold my nose and vote for Brown as the lesser of two evils, but there's no way he's getting a dime of my money or a minute of my time.
Which is what the spineless weasel wants you to do.

So basically Scott Brown has restricted my 2nd amendments more than President Obama has, pure fact now, pretty crazy, considering he has a R next to his name, Ill vote "Derek ADMIN from NES" Nov 2012
I'd vote for Derek, too, except he lives in NH.

I want to preface this by saying I'm not trying to start an argument, because I know this is a touchy subject. I'm looking for information, not a flame war. :)

Anybody have info on what state has the most lax concealed carry requirements? I'm all for a person's right to protection, but there are some people who probably shouldn't be allowed to carry (I'm thinking ex convicts, people with severe psychological issues, etc). Perhaps in some states they can get a license easily, thus leading states like MA to feel the need to "protect" themselves from states with particularly lax requirements. I don't really know the facts, which is why I'm asking.

Maybe the better way to go about this would be to have a country-wide CCW license, so there's no issue with one state being more lax than another?

I'd vote for Derek, too, except he lives in NH.[/QUOTE]

wow great point, Guess I am going to have to Vote for Daffy Duck

I want to preface this by saying I'm not trying to start an argument, because I know this is a touchy subject. I'm looking for information, not a flame war. :)

Anybody have info on what state has the most lax concealed carry requirements? I'm all for a person's right to protection, but there are some people who probably shouldn't be allowed to carry (I'm thinking ex convicts, people with severe psychological issues, etc). Perhaps in some states they can get a license easily, thus leading states like MA to feel the need to "protect" themselves from states with particularly lax requirements. I don't really know the facts, which is why I'm asking.

Maybe the better way to go about this would be to have a country-wide CCW license, so there's no issue with one state being more lax than another?

Those people are already federally prohibited from owning or even touching guns.

And, we're off...

Nic, are you trollin'?

Ex-Cons can't own guns because they're federally prohibited. Adjudicated mentally defective are also federally prohibited.

Laws don't generally stop people from carrying if they really want to carry, license or no license.

Probably best to take this to a side thread if you really want to know more. We're busy bashing Scott Brown right now.

Hah, good point. Yeah, I was pretty sure the various federal laws prohibited it, just trying to see if there's a reason he would change his mind so drastically (other than being a politician).

Scott has said he is 'his own man' (translation his pricetag is higher than some other "representatives" from MA)

Just because his opponent is crazy bitch doesn't mean he should throw rest of us under the bus... oh wait he's done this before there was an opponent...on the finreg bill?... and to increase the debt ceiling? ... and cut cap and balance?
RIIIINNNNOOOOOO

Would Daffy turn on us too?

wouldnt shock me, i bet if we voted in Elmer Fudd, we would be good to go, he almost got that silly rabbit

PS not sure why, but I feel dumb for just making that comment, but its still funny and Scott Brown is still a fraud

What an assclown this guy is.
Scott Brwon = RINO
He is truely what MA would consider a Republican.
And soon he will be a RINO that is extinct or a least out of a job after the next election cycle.
The dumb SOB doesn't stand a chance in the next election against a MA Dem.

smitty

Last edited:
I wouldn't vote for a bill that gave the federal government more power over states either. That was his issue with it from what I read.

What am I missing? I thought most on this board felt the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom