• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bought my first gun today - S&W Sigma .40

Hey everyone. After waiting a little over nine weeks for my LTC (Class A unrestricted), I went out and bought my first gun today.

I drove from Plymouth to Woburn to Four Seasons because I've heard good things about them all over this place. Plus it was about $30 cheaper than M&Ms, although M&Ms is about a two minute walk from my house. But I got to say 'hi' to some family in the area up there, so it worked out OK.

Anyways, I walked outta there with a brand new Smith and Wesson Sigma SW40VE, a holster (in the pants) and some ammo. I'm quite excited to shoot it, hopefully this upcoming weekend or next at the range a friend has a membership to.

ey2Ve.jpg

zG6mR.jpg

oBrnb.jpg

Xy7Bm.jpg

66gpu.jpg

t54H3.jpg

I'm pretty happy. I know it's not the best pistol out there by any means, but for a first gun and the fact that I'm not going to be shooting often, I think it's perfect.

And a general 'thanks' for all the great info flying around here!

Congrats! Can't go wrong with Four Seasons. I was just down there this afternoon buying cheap ammo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picture #4 looks like it's pointed at you
Might not want to do that in the future

Congrats! I bought the very same Sigma as my first gun two months ago and am very happy with it. It does have a heavy trigger, but I've found that the heavier pull has made me a better shooter! Great decision going with Four Seasons, and remember to go Smith & Wesson's website and print out the rebate form for your two free mags. Good luck.

Bought my sigma 40 8 months ago at four seasons. it now has four friends in the safe, but remains to be my favorite. It just feels good and I shoot great with it. Good luck, have fun!!!

Picture #4 looks like it's pointed at you
Might not want to do that in the future

I've always said that it's okay to point guns at yourself, just not other people. Not to mention his finger wasn't near the trigger and guns just don't magically go off, unlike some people like to think they do. Methinks you're over reacting a bit.

Don't listen to these guys/gals. This gun will satisfy all your needs and wants for a few years. You won't feel the need to purchase anything else for quite a while. Your checking account will go untouched and never even notice that you can buy guns legally. You'll be fine!
[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Sorry couldn't hold it in any longer. Congrats on the first gun and may God have Mercy on your Bank Accounts.

Congrats and when you decide to trade that one in and buy something else congrats again( I owned one it was a time in my life i would rather not remember).

Buy yourself a spare recoil spring and guide rod. They are plastic and they break after a few hundred rounds. Mine broke after just over 300rds. SW replaced it for free but the gun was out of commission for a couple of weeks.

Glocks are plastic and they don't seem to break. Now go back and get a snubby. You need two guns in case one goes out of commission.

I've always said that it's okay to point guns at yourself, just not other people. Not to mention his finger wasn't near the trigger and guns just don't magically go off, unlike some people like to think they do. Methinks you're over reacting a bit.

If the slide was to the rear or open, I might not have made the observation or comment but to each his own.

If the slide was to the rear or open, I might not have made the observation or comment but to each his own.

parallax can be a bitch (see the famous Elian Gonzalez picture), but I agree with gene. If the gun is indeed pointed at himself, then that does in fact break one of the rules of proper firearm handling, something that as a general rule, people should not be lax about (or condoned by instructors!)

But again, just an observation.

Gun being pointed at the camera doesn't necessarily mean it's pointed at him.

Exactly. I may have never owned a firearm before (save for BB/pellet guns), but I was brought up with them around (my father was a bounty hunter). I've learned never to point a gun at anyone you don't want to kill, basically.

Thus, the gun was pointed at the camera, and the camera a foot or two to the right of myself.

It looks like it needs a rifle and shotgun to keep it warm in there.

I plan on adding a .22 rifle soon. I'm leaning toward the Marlin 981T.

Buy yourself a spare recoil spring and guide rod. They are plastic and they break after a few hundred rounds. Mine broke after just over 300rds. SW replaced it for free but the gun was out of commission for a couple of weeks.

One of the first things I noticed was the flex in the guide rod. I'll look into it, thanks for the heads up!

Was this thread about congratulations de-railed because of gun photo safety?

Ugh....

ecnal: Good job! Post more, go green, come to NES shoots, soak up all the good info on this site like a sponge and BUY MORE GUNS! (shoot more too!)

Was this thread about congratulations de-railed because of gun photo safety?

Ugh....

ecnal: Good job! Post more, go green, come to NES shoots, soak up all the good info on this site like a sponge and BUY MORE GUNS! (shoot more too!)

+1...calm the frigg down guys, let the man enjoy his purchase.

parallax can be a bitch (see the famous Elian Gonzalez picture), but I agree with gene. If the gun is indeed pointed at himself, then that does in fact break one of the rules of proper firearm handling, something that as a general rule, people should not be lax about (or condoned by instructors!)

But again, just an observation.

I also don't think instructors should become Internet commandos, but to teach his own.

Back
Top Bottom