• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bought my first gun today - S&W Sigma .40

egads! not the dreaded .40!

just kidding. I carry a .40 every day.

Congrats, and as many others have said, monitor your funds closely! They will start to run away!

Glocks are plastic and they don't seem to break. Now go back and get a snubby. You need two guns in case one goes out of commission.

My Glock a 26 comes with the recommendation to replace the guide rod every 1000 rounds to prevent breakage. I bought a stainless one so I never have to replace it again. I recommend replacing any plastic guide rod with a steel or titanium one. I bought mine from this guy who makes them himself. http://btguiderods.com/category/glock/ I will give a review when I do enough shooting to give it a good test.

I have one in 9. They are decent guns for the little $$ they cost. I don't carry though cause I have probably only put a few hundered rounds through it. BUT, so far so good. Enjoy it!

Hey everyone. After waiting a little over nine weeks for my LTC (Class A unrestricted), I went out and bought my first gun today.

Feels GOOD doesn't it? I still remember buying my first handgun - a S&W M39. Have you gotten out there to shoot yet? If you don't have deep pockets, my advice is to start reloading before you can't resist the urge to buy that second gun. Another good thing to do is to buy a .22 that most closely matches your primary handgun. Then you can burn LOTS of ammo. Practice, practice, practice . . . HAVE FUN !!

Back
Top Bottom