Bass Pro Cancelled!!!! CCW Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and MWGO

are there people savvy in Fakebook to start comment thread there, how does that shit work? You post on their wall or what?

This is why no traction will be gained. People over 40 don’t know how to Internet. No offense.

Emails, phone calls, letters, and anemic protests do very little.

Once this gets picked up by national gun groups and publications it’s going to (hopefully) be a shitshow. People won’t take betrayal from BP well, nor should they.

email sent

GOAL FASHION SHOW cancellation

I am very sad to hear that BassPro in Foxborough stabbed in the back the very customers who support BassPro and Cabela's brands by canceling an event aimed to promote right to self defense among women.

My whole family are black Cabela's Club Visa members and that's the card we use exclusively over many years as well as shop at both locations to the tune of many thousands of dollars annually. I will cut it up along with many other people, as the word spreads through forums and internet media that Bass Pro does not support women's right to self defense.

I hope that you feel ashamed and come to realize that betraying your customers is not a good business, even if you hate freedom.

Most sincerely,

How the hell do these people think they are going to stay in business?

Fishing is their mainstay, guns are but a small part of their business model.

I would love to get Matt Light linked in on this, just so he knows. I HATE that this is in the middle of Patriot Place. Nothing nefarious planned or wished against BassPro. I just don't think Kraft will put up with us. I hope I am wrong!

Matt Light is on our side, but I can tell you that Kraft is 150% anti-2A and any attempt to demonstrate closer than US-1 will involve getting arrested.

RTE 1 is Public space just like the entry to Bass Pro

Yes, you could stand on US-1, most going by wouldn't be able to figure out why you are there and you can't talk to anyone as they are all driving into the parking area. Step foot on Patriot Place property and Kraft will have you arrested. He's even had his legal goon squad threaten trespass arrest to anyone trying to serve court papers on the property (which by MGL is not trespassing and a protected right).

There's nothing wrong with Bass Pro Shop that a pair of balls couldn't fix.

Very true. I spent many hours trying to be pro-active with Cabela's before they opened. I spoke at length to their head legal counsel and his licensing lawyer, sent them Emails with evidence of what they could do legally in their Mass store and they ignored all of it. They were very polite, but useless. I also spoke with their Hudson/Berlin store marketing manager, all to no avail. I have no faith in whoever is running the show today or their legal counsel.

I'm very sorry to see GOAL and all the good people involved get burned like this, but it does point out that we should never rely on big box stores to help us for anything. I hope they get burned financially, but I doubt it just like the RAT still exists these many years after turning BP into the AG, gun owners have very short memories.

One can assume that the liberal Boston news media joined with a grabber-group and threatened BP corporate with social media warfare and “news at 11” coverage.

I will never again shop at Bass Pro.

Second attempt.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: March 7, 2018 at 9:20:39 PM EST

CCW Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and MWGO

Dear Mr Cuthbertson,

I have been a loyal customer of Bass Pro Shops - Foxboro and I must say I am deeply disappointed your organization canceled CCW Fashion Show that was scheduled to take place this Friday with such short notice.

As a purveyor firearms, ammunition, and related products you should have stood with the licensed law abiding citizens who planned and bought tickets to this event.

You have shown that you lack testicular fortitude by caving in to the neo-liberal wave of social justice warriors who have most like never purchased anything or will ever purchase anything from your establishment.

This was my email from earlier tonight. I had sent it to the manager of the foxboro store.

I Had bought my first boat this past fall and was looking forward to making the 2 hr drive this weekend to outfit it for fishing with electronics along with a new bow mounted trolling motor. With what I was planning on for purchases, a little more for new, quality baitcasting set up was not big deal since I was in it for that much anyway. That suddenly changed to disappointment when I received a notice informing me that the show that was being sponsored by GOAL had been cancelled due to the political correctness of your store. That makes no sense since you are a business for sportsmen. I find that very troubling that an outdoor store that caves to pressure over emotions can call itself a store for the sportsman. From this point on, I will never step foot into your store again and will make boat accessory purchases from other sources. You gave all sportsmen and women a slap in the face that will be remembered for a long time.

Greg Parody

I’ve made plans on ordering Browning X-Bolt.
I haven’t changed the plans to purchase one, but certainly it’s not going to be the BSpro shops.

Call 1.800.BASSPRO (1.800.227.7776) to speak with a representative.

This would be the number to blow up to voice your displeasure. I won't be spending my money at Cabelas or BassPro until they make this right - and I've let them know.

This is what it's come to. For decades the antis have been spinning lies and building a case against gun owners and those who support the Second Amendment. In Massachusetts it's been opens season for over two decades, forcing us to register like sex offenders and notify the state when we move. Threatening us with prison for owning items that we purchased legally, and for doing something as simple as not getting a state issued permission slip.

Now, because of the actions of a psychotic child and total clusterf*** of FL LE and FBI the assault has cranked up full throttle.

They aren't even trying to hide it anymore, anyone who supports gun ownership, firearms, or the 2A is being bullied by them into submitting, or hiding.

it's the new McCarthyism, we are being persecuted for association, having done no wrong.

I say it's time to push back. If you're reading this you're probably already on my side. But you can help. Please encourage anyone you know who cares about 2A rights to stand with us, recruit new gun owners, encourage participation in being politically active, engage legislators, do not let their bullshit go unchecked. Do not go unheard. Support your favorite groups like GOAL and Comm2A, and let others know about the work they are doing.

People, your emails go into a black hole.

Why aren’t you all on social media getting this to trend so it will actually gain traction? I’m guessing because most of you don’t have accounts.

This is why corporations, politicians, etc cave to the will of what you see as a “small minority”. Their voices actually carry 100 times the weight of yours if all you can do is fire off a phone call or an email.

How about everyone sets up a twitter account and establishes a network instead of typing an email and really get to work. Not only for this issue, but to combat whatever comes up next.

To the CEO and the Manager of Foxboro BPS,

I was just informed that your store has cancelled a very much anticipated event to which I had tickets to bring 10 ladies who had just received their licenses to carry. "Disappointment" is a word that does not even come close to how we feel about this last-minute cancellation. I was going to have them make their first carry pistol purchases at Bass Pro this weekend and will unequivocally usher them to make their purchases at a local gun store instead. I have even offered to pay their NICS fees for said purchases because of the embarrassment and utter letdown your company has been to those new to the firearms community.

My sons were going to receive kayaks and safety gear for making the honor roll this semester from your store, but I will gladly pay freight and order from your competition. I am done with shopping at Bass Pro and Cabela's since you no longer care about my business or the business of any of my students. Finally, you can rest assured that I will spread this experience to the local newspapers and blogs about how unprofessional this "dick" move was. (Yes, pun intended.)

Like your loyal customers never even mattered,
Signature

I’m all set with buying anything they have anything to do with.

Back
Top Bottom