Bass Pro Cancelled!!!! CCW Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and MWGO

What about people who made travel and hotel arrangements around this event... are they going to refund those people too?

And for the other thread about if this time it’s worse than after Sandy Hook. Like I said in that post, it’s defintely much worse.

The Bass Pro caved in to the tiniest amount of push back from some anonymous SJWs and turned their tail and ran.

Just to play devils advocate.... could there be some other reason, not related to "cuz guns", that they had to postpone/cancel it? My first thought when I saw the announcement was maybe it was weather related - but going in to Friday that would still be quite a stretch.
In other words, was any explanation offered for the cancellation? If not, then it would seem we're all just assuming the reasoning. Even if it is a likely reason/excuse, its still just an assumption.

I just received the email from GOAL stating that BP corporate office cancelled the event due to, "unforeseen circumstances".

We should still flood the general manager et al with emails complaining about this. Their emails are from the link below wrt the Foxborough store:

Ed Cuthbertson
General Manager
[email protected]

Don Boozer
Boat Sales Manager
[email protected]

Mbye (MJ) Jobe
Restaurant Manager
[email protected]

There is also a FakeBook link in the attachment below for those that use it:

Bass Pro Shops | 1 Bass Pro Dr Foxborough, MA | Sporting Goods & Outdoor Stores

My email received stated postponed.
I just got the GOAL email. It stated the BP Corporate postponed due to "unforeseen circumstances".

I just received the email from GOAL stating that BP corporate office cancelled the event due to, "unforeseen circumstances".

As EC wrote they are not new to the PR game. They "postponed" the show.
We need to make them lose this round.

Everybody needs to take a page out of Bob P's book and do this. Don't copy Bob's email, write your own with the same talking points.

I want the president of Bass Pros' Inbox to blow the f up tomorrow.

I'm going to write one that I'll post here in a little while.

Everybody needs to take a page out of Bob P's book and do this. Don't copy Bob's email, write your own with the same talking points.

I want the president of Bass Pros' Inbox to blow the f up tomorrow.

I'm going to write one that I'll post here in a little while.

This. Make the local a**h*** regret the idiot decision he made the best way you possibly can - the angry notice of corporate. NO branch manager EVER wants angry corporate breathing down his neck. f*** writing to the local guy, go right to corporate leadership

Just to play devils advocate.... could there be some other reason, not related to "cuz guns", that they had to postpone/cancel it? My first thought when I saw the announcement was maybe it was weather related - but going in to Friday that would still be quite a stretch.
In other words, was any explanation offered for the cancellation? If not, then it would seem we're all just assuming the reasoning. Even if it is a likely reason/excuse, its still just an assumption.

There's nothing wrong with Bass Pro Shop that a pair of balls couldn't fix.

This. Make the local a**h*** regret the idiot decision he made the best way you possibly can - the angry notice of corporate. NO branch manager EVER wants angry corporate breathing down his neck. f*** writing to the local guy, go right to corporate leadership

If corporate made the decision, then I don't see them breathing down the neck of the local manager, so add the local manager to the list with corporate when emailing.

I wonder if the Globe article did them in. Never talk to the media.

This was an event for Women. Does Bass Pro hate Women?

It's a little late for them to cancel. WTF. Financial commitments have been made.
What Globe article was this??

Here's mine:
bp-email.jpg

Let's see everyone else's!

Just to play devils advocate.... could there be some other reason, not related to "cuz guns".

Cuz NRA [affiliate]?

I doubt this was done at the store manager level. It could also be pressure applied to/by someone outside the organization, perhaps the prominent owner of a certain piece of property in Foxboro? I’m sure nothing gets printed in the Globe that he’s not [made] aware of.

I’m Not a good wordsmith, especially when my Irish is up , but I added to the pile.

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

Date: March 7, 2018 at 8:45:36 PM EST
To: Undisclosed recipients:;
Subject: Cancellation of GOAL FASHION SHOW

You have just lost my patronage,

Was going tomorrow to outfit 2 Complete b.o.bs @ $500 each.
Good day to you sir.

My wife and son are professionals tho , and they are composing 2 more legal quality lengthy emails to the local store.

Last edited:
Somebody post a valid list of corporate and local email addresses and I will be sending this:

Dear Xxxxx;
I have been an avid shooter and outdoors-man for most of my 54 years. My wife is an avowed camper and hiker, she refuses to own a non-4wd vehicle, and I don't mean X-Drive BMW either. Both of my daughters shoot regularly, they both have "starter kits" awaiting their 21st birthdays to include a 20ga shotgun, 9mm handgun, and 22 rifle along with ammo and appropriate "storage". We spend thousands of dollars annually on supplies and equipment related to these activities.

Simply put, "due to unforseen circumstances" I will no longer be spending ANY of that money at BPS or Cabela's, or any other company you may own or be affiliated with. I used to enjoy coming to Patriot Place several times a year to watch a game, go to Toby Keith's, or shop in some of the other stores there. Pretty much every trip included a stop in your store. Well, no more. Based on your utterly incomprehensible decision to "postpone" the GOAL CC Fashion Show, I will never again set foot in your store again, either in Foxboro or anywhere else in the USA. If you feel that you can survive on the theoretical business provided by SJW liberals over the proven business of myself and my friends, I wish you luck and bid you farewell.

You may not be aware, or care, but the single fastest growing segment of the gun-owning demographic is young and middle aged women. My 51 year-old wife has more holsters than purses or boots as she refuses to let fashon dictate her carry choice, and my daughters are, as I said above, both firm 2A supporters and shooters. My daughter's generation is among the most socially active, and will be spending more money for more years than the "soccer moms" you are trying to appease. Rest assured that even without my reminding them that they WILL remember who you think is more important, and will vote with THEIR wallets long after I am gone.

I know that you can easily dismiss my letter as an isolated response, and your multi-billion dollar corporation can certainly withstand losing my $2-3k/year annual expenditure. I also know that virtually every avalanche starts with a single pebble rolling downhill, eventually burying or obliterating everything in its path.

Yours,

I was a hand model when I was younger... If you will be showing shooting gloves, please know that my rates are only excessively expensive.

I did most of my best work with Ellen Sirot. You can see my "lovely 10" (as they used to call them) listed below:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v1fknfErGY

My stage & Runway name, which took some thinking was, "Bob."

I too, am a hand model. Currently unemployed. Always looking for good hand jobs.

Back
Top Bottom