Bass Pro Cancelled!!!! CCW Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and MWGO

I’m in. Get the media involved too. These antis need to be taught a lesson.
Your heart's in the right place, but "the media" is never going to help us with this, no matter how we try to frame it.

When the shit needs to hit the fan, we need to turn out in droves that cannot be ignored.

This is f***ing cancelled.

I'm livid.

Several members of the GOAL BoD and a whole bunch of volunteers poured their time, effort, and money into this event, and Bass Pro Shops cancelled it at the 11th hour.

Less than two days before it was supposed to happen - and way too late to change venues - Bass-Piece-of-Shit-Pro-Shops cancelled this event because guns.

Way to knuckle under guys.

Absolute bullshit. I’m guessing the Globe’s article on it mobilized the psycho brigade.

I was not going to the show But I did plan on making the trip down there to pick up some new fishing gear for my boat but I think I'll hang onto my money before giving it to them now.
I did send the manager a email about the cancellation and how it affected my decision to spend my money for boating electronics and other accessories elsewhere.
I wonder if the one in NH would have caved as fast. That was just plain rotten of them.

Greg

The funny thing is any marketing idiot should be able to tell them they don't need to worry about those who are threatening whatever against them... Dicks is a yoga-clothing store... Bass Pro is an outfitter. What the actual f***?

Them being an affiliate of Cabelas could get some steam going in spreading word. Think of the big gun channels on Youtube, etc.

Mike

Post this up on GOAL's website and I'll make sure the Nation knows to add Bass Pro to their Boycott list.

I can see Home Goods doing it or Walmart, but not f***ing Cebela's. This is as genius as Trump's comments on gun control. Everyone is already pissed off with libtard bullshit, Cabela/BPS joining the frey on libtard side won't bode well for them.

Stay tuned, but please everyone, be ready. We'll come up with something, but we're going to need bodies there. A lame turnout will make us look weak enough to push around.
I will be there I will also PM you if you need help. A business and an owner that makes it's living off sportsmen and then tells them that people who never spend a penny with them have a louder voice need to be silenced. If we stand by and allow it to happen and continue to support them with our hard earned money what does that say about us?? better yet what does that say about you??

When is a good time to take action!!! when's it's too late!! time to get off your asses and stand by your convictions for a change!!!!! My son would be the first at this rally with his "don't tread on me flag" flying high he is currently deployed so I will stand for both of us while he defends your rights!!!

Stay tuned, but please everyone, be ready. We'll come up with something, but we're going to need bodies there. A lame turnout will make us look weak enough to push around.

I would love to get Matt Light linked in on this, just so he knows. I HATE that this is in the middle of Patriot Place. Nothing nefarious planned or wished against BassPro. I just don't think Kraft will put up with us. I hope I am wrong!

I would love to get Matt Light linked in on this, just so he knows. I HATE that this is in the middle of Patriot Place. Nothing nefarious planned or wished against BassPro. I just don't think Kraft will put up with us. I hope I am wrong!

RTE 1 is Public space just like the entry to Bass Pro

So bad publicity would hurt BassPro/Cabelas. They are a national chain. My guess is some stupid local manager made this call. If national pressure is applied, could we get bass pro to fire someone, and make reparations by way of a healthy financial donation?

Mike

f*** shopping for gun stuff in box stores.
I never did outside a strange box of needed ammo.
This seals the deal. Never again.

Cabella’s in Scarborough was a place to stop when I wanted to burn the clock. Looks like KTP is the last pit stop for now on.

I’d like to go down there and have some oppps moments with expensive stuff and just royally f*** up their racks.

Pack em up with gun owners wearing the most colorful clothing and bring the place to a crawl but buy nothing.

Vocal majorities work that is why it is used not only by unions but liberals as well. It's too bad gun owners don't employ it more. I would think if anyone here are members on other gun forums especially those with a broader reach across the country the point will be driven home to Bass Pro in a short manner.

Wow. Unbelievable... the costs and the impact to GOAL’s reputation are potentially substantial.

Terrible move on their part. I do agree part of the approach should be that they are denying women an opportunity to protect themselves
Yup! Bass Pro does not want strong independant women to stick up for themselves. Sexists!

You should see if the attorney on your board can beat them up with terms line cretinistic and mandacious.
I'm sure he'll have all of us reaching for a dictionary, but BP is going to be happy to pay us whatever we ask just to make this go away.

We have to make sure it doesn't go away.

So I have a feeling this was a decision that was made at the store-level. If the national pressure can be turned up, maybe this can be "fixed." I understand John Morris is pretty absolute in his pro-2A stance?

Mike

So I have a feeling this was a decision that was made at the store-level. If the national pressure can be turned up, maybe this can be "fixed." I understand John Morris is pretty absolute in his pro-2A stance?
Mike

This. Plus let's hear a bit more information before we break out the torches and pitchforks. "Gun nuts protesting a gun store" will make a wonderful Globe headline and make us all look like idiots with shit on our faces.

Maybe they can be pressured to still hold this. I haven't received an official cancellation notice yet. Edit: Nevermind, just got the email notice.

Last edited:
Damn,the people that pressured them into doing this most likely never even step foot into a Bass Pro Shops anyway.Not going to boycott them because I don't shop there anyway,been there a bunch of times though.

This shit is getting out of hand when a company like BP caves in to something like this where the only people there are 80% gun owners..It's not like they were doing this in front of CVS at Patriots Place...Is there going to be some sort of protest or gathering now in front of BPS ?

Some one needs to post this on Arfcom..I would but I was banned like 5 years ago.

So bad publicity would hurt BassPro/Cabelas. They are a national chain. My guess is some stupid local manager made this call. If national pressure is applied, could we get bass pro to fire someone, and make reparations by way of a healthy financial donation?

Mike

"My guess is some stupid local manager made this call."

That would be my guess as well, but what the hell do I know...
At the Hudson/Berlin Cabelas they have posters/TVs near the registers showing places they donate to - I could be mistaken, (let me know if I am), but I thought I've seen GOAL and/or NRA listed as one of the local organizations they donate to.

This kind of thing is why it's a hundred times worse than it's ever been. Before they wanted to ban AR's and "assault rifles" Now they want to shut down every thing. They want to ruin every gun manufacturer or any company related to a gun manufacturer. They don't want anyone to sell a magazine featuring guns. They don't even want you to be able to buy a holster.

It's makes me sick that retailers are caving in to this kind of hysteria.

Back
Top Bottom