• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bad Gun Shop Stories (Village Sports Westport, MA Rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best gun shop "truths" I've had.

1. "That gun is illegal for you to own" (Glock 34)
2. "That threaded barrel is illegal in MA. If you don't want to put a muzzle brake on it you'll have to weld the thread protector on" (the gun in question was a Walther PPQ pistol!!!
3. My all time favorite ....

Transferred a stripped AR lower at a gun shop in Dracut and was asked for my PIN#. I asked why they needed my PIN and was told it was for the FA10. I informed them that it was not a firearm and no FA10 was needed. THey informed me that I was wrong. I asked them what kind of gun they were going to register it as and they said "other" and I told them that they were confusing the FA10 with the 4473 as the 4473 would specify "other - frame" but the FA10 required actual information. After telling me that I was wrong and how long they had been in business they proceeded to do the FA 10 and started asking me "how long is the barrel?" at which point I said it had no barrel ..... (you can see where this conversation is going). eventually when I refused to play the game anymore I was told "Sgt XXXXXX of the Dracut Police inspects my books every month and he requires that every 4473 have an accompanying EFA-10. THAT"S THE LAW!!!"

Not surprised that the FFL was clueless concerning MA Law but I was concerned that he claimed his books were inspected by the local police every month.

That guy in dracut also used to have a coronary /full on shit fit if your remote shipped down a gun without magazines in the box for transfer... [rofl]

I just accompanied a friend going to Village Sports in Westport. It’s the first LGS I’ve been in since the plandemic started.

As I indicated earlier in this thread, I do my best to not shit on local businesses, and Paul the owner there was always pretty fair to me.

I figured if I was taking up space I should buy something, so I brought $30 worth of cleaning supplies to the register. The kid working there asked to see my LTC. I asked if I misheard him - nope. I put the shit back and left.

I’ll let you all make up your minds from there.

I was there a few months ago as they had 9mm in stock. When he rang up the 150rnds I was going to purchase and he said $130.00 I was shocked and asked for the price again. He repeated the price. I asked what kind of ammo it was. I thought it was fmj. (it was)He said it was. While I was trying to do the math in my head real quick trying to figure out how much per round he asked me if I knew what was going on. Kind of surprised I said I did and that I found it kind of pricey. Now I was never rude or obnoxious at all. He then asked what I was paying for it. I said 60c a round he wanted to know where. He then stated to me that he could put the ammo back if I didn't want it. I bought the ammo with out to much fuss I was just shocked I how I was spoken to. At that time Shooting supply had the same ammo in stock for $27 per box as opposed to $39 but they were closed. Now I never thrash a dealer. If I think someone's prices are to high I just shop else where. If they won't sell me something even though it's completely legal but there going to be difficult over it fine. I just shop else where. Not a big deal as I don't take it personally their business they can run it as they see fit. I was just taken aback as to the way I was spoken too. Needless to say it was a worse experience then I'm stating it here.

I was there a few months ago as they had 9mm in stock. When he rang up the 150rnds I was going to purchase and he said $130.00 I was shocked and asked for the price again. He repeated the price. I asked what kind of ammo it was. I thought it was fmj. (it was)He said it was. While I was trying to do the math in my head real quick trying to figure out how much per round he asked me if I knew what was going on. Kind of surprised I said I did and that I found it kind of pricey. Now I was never rude or obnoxious at all. He then asked what I was paying for it. I said 60c a round he wanted to know where. He then stated to me that he could put the ammo back if I didn't want it. I bought the ammo with out to much fuss I was just shocked I how I was spoken to. At that time Shooting supply had the same ammo in stock for $27 per box as opposed to $39 but they were closed. Now I never thrash a dealer. If I think someone's prices are to high I just shop else where. If they won't sell me something even though it's completely legal but there going to be difficult over it fine. I just shop else where. Not a big deal as I don't take it personally their business they can run it as they see fit. I was just taken aback as to the way I was spoken too. Needless to say it was a worse experience then I'm stating it here.
Wait... did you really buy 150 rounds of plinking ammo for $130?

86¢/round is batshit crazy.

That guy in dracut also used to have a coronary /full on shit fit if your remote shipped down a gun without magazines in the box for transfer... [rofl]
He's closed now. I wanted to transfer a SAR AK 2002, he had a shit fit. Started yelling "that gun is illegal in MA, you shouldn't even have it "!!!. Left and did a EFA10 at home.

Is it really though?
Shooting Supply in Westport (down the road from Village?), is selling 9mm FMJ for 100c/round today. All other common centerfire ammo was about the same...
He said it was a few months ago. A few months ago $.86CPR was batshit crazy. Even this week it was selling for .55CPR online.

Any shop that's open long enough is gonna rub some folks the wrong way. Wasn't someone bitching about Shooting Supply a while back? Wouldn't do a transfer or something like that? I don't even engage in conversation anymore, just get what I need then go.

Wait... did you really buy 150 rounds of plinking ammo for $130?

86¢/round is batshit crazy.
"High availability on the ground" 9mm is now $45 a box. You can get it for less than that But you're probably going to be doing a lot of waiting or hunting to get less than that and you're going to be rationed. There are several places which are between twenty-five and thirty dollars a box but they're going to limit your purchases and they also run out of ammo quickly....

And I know what most people are thinking who would by 9 mm at 45 bucks a box ? "A shitload more than you would believe". Ill just leave it at that.... The market conditions are such that there's a large amount of very desperate people...

He said it was a few months ago. A few months ago $.86CPR was batshit crazy. Even this week it was selling for .55CPR online.
If 86 cpr was batshit crazy a few months ago, what is 100 cpr today? Everyone broke out of the puzzle factory crazy?

That's worse than my Walmart rant from awhile back. Was picking up some 22 at the time, presented my LTC and was told I needed an FID to purchase ammo.
You should have said,
"no, this is my first box, and an LTC is good;
Walmart policy is that I only have to show an FID for even numbered boxes".

(Paging @Radtekk [rofl] )

I’ll probably get attacked for this but

lie #1 actually has truth to it

we get in guns for repair on a regular basis the come from big box stores (dicks , cabalas, bas pro , etc) that upon tear down, are obviously assembled with inferior parts , meaning plastic components where normally metal components would be , rivets where a pin and clip should be (making them non serviceable) some parts once the serial number was given to the manufacturer were “not available” for purchase due to “special runs” . at last check there were 3 different trigger housings for Mossberg 500’s depending on where they came from

when large chain stores put the arm on manufacturers to hit a price point the manufacturers find away to make it work and that way is usually by cutting cost however and wherever they can

Winchester White box is a perfect example , the wal mart 100rd box has a completely different SKU than the white box you buy at any non chain shop and many online vendors , it also consistently chronographs at over 100FPS slower than the standard stuff you buy anyplace but Walmart

don’t shoot the messenger , I’m just stating what I’ve experienced repairing dozens upon dozens of Remington 870’s and mossberg 500’s that came from Dicks and Cabelas

knives are in the same situation , wal mart knives even go further as many gerber and kershaw knives have a Walmart part number right on the blades , a kershaw whirlwind part number K-KWSS purchased at Walmart will be part number WM-KWSS

Last edited:
This was in December about the 15th or so. I was in the area buying a Christmas present for my wife and remembered getting an E-mail from them earlier in the week. They had a three box limit. Which was fine I was going to range later in the week and I figured I would grab three boxes and dip less into my stash. At that time Shooting supply had them for like $27 a box but I think he had a limit of one box per day. I was trying to do the math in my head and make sure I was getting plinking ammo when he came off like that. I didn't take it personnel it's a business. I'll just be a lot less likely to shop their again.

The price is the price. A customer can either pay it or move on. He has to keep the lights on and make a profit. I was surprised at the price and I questioned it. I wasn't rude or argumentative. It was the response that threw me for a loop." Do you know what's going on. How much are you paying for it. Where". That's what bothered me. I've done business with a (different) dealer who was more expensive then most. He was a good dude and could get me stuff without too much of hassle. I sent friends his way when I could but I would tell them that so and so is more expensive but if you build repour with him he's a good guy to do business with.

If 86 cpr was batshit crazy a few months ago, what is 100 cpr today? Everyone broke out of the puzzle factory crazy?

I would not be shocked if 9mm was $1/round down in the armpit region. Shooting Supply is literally the only semi aggressive discounter there and they're not even really that good
by new england standards, just very good by armpit standards.

Man, I’m out of touch with the situation. I “hoarded” enough components in the before times that I didn’t realize how crazy prices have come.

Man, I’m out of touch with the situation. I “hoarded” enough components in the before times that I didn’t realize how crazy prices have come.

People in this thread should read this post.

This kids, is kind of the position you should all aspire to be in.

To have enough ammo, components, primers, whatever... to simply not pay attention and not care.

This is what we call "winning. " Banging 76 pound rocks (the most bullets that fit in a USPS flat rate box)
many sleeves of primers. 10+ pounds of your favorite powder.

Absolute Victory.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QS0q3mGPGg

Do you know how much lower blood pressure milktree likely has compared to those dingbats blowing up LGS phone numbers all day going "DO UUU HAAAAAVE ANY NYYYYNE MILLUMEETAH???"

I would not be shocked if 9mm was $1/round down in the armpit region. Shooting Supply is literally the only semi aggressive discounter there and they're not even really that good
by new england standards, just very good by armpit standards.
Life in the pit brother.....life in the pit!!!!

So, after the first lie, why the hell do you keep going back?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom