ASP colapsable batons in MA

That old trick?

WILD ANIMALS I HAVE KNOWN
By Ernest Thompson Seton
SILVERSPOT, The Story of a Crow
One windy day I stood on the high bridge across the ravine, as the old crow, heading his long, straggling troop, came flying down homeward. Half a mile away I could hear the contented 'All's well, come right along!' as we should say, or as he put it, and as also his lieutenant echoed it at the rear of the band. They were flying very low to be out of the wind, and would have to rise a little to clear the bridge on which I was. Silverspot saw me standing there, and as I was closely watching him he didn't like it. He checked his flight and called out, 'Be on your guard,' and rose much higher in the air. Then seeing that I was not armed he flew over my head about twenty feet, and his followers in turn did the same, dipping again to the old level when past the bridge.​

Next day I was at the same place, and as the crows came near I raised my walking stick and pointed it at them. The old fellow at once cried out 'Danger,' and rose fifty feet higher than before. Seeing that it was not a gun, he ventured to fly over. But on the third day I took with me a gun, and at once he cried out, 'Great danger—a gun.' His lieutenant repeated the cry, and every crow in the troop began to tower and scatter from the rest, till they were far above gun shot, and so passed safely over, coming down again to the shelter of the valley when well beyond reach. Another time, as the long, straggling troop came down the valley, a red-tailed hawk alighted on a tree close by their intended route. The leader cried out, 'Hawk, hawk,' and stayed his flight, as did each crow on nearing him, until all were massed in a solid body. Then, no longer fearing the hawk, they passed on. But a quarter of a mile farther on a man with a gun appeared below, and the cry, 'Great danger—a gun, a—gun; scatter fur your lives,' at once caused them to scatter widely and tower till far beyond range. Many others of his words of command I learned in the course of my long acquaintance, and found that sometimes a very little difference in the sound makes a very great difference in meaning.​

Do you guys know if these are legal

Amazon product ASIN B0027I09MMView: http://www.amazon.com/Fury-Tactical-Slapper-Personal-8-5-Inch/dp/B0027I09MM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398798177&sr=8-1&keywords=leather+sap

31ImBN4yuaL._SX425_.jpg

Thanks,

Mike
Loved these in the old bar days worked nicely

Loved these in the old bar days worked nicely
I was always told that they were. I carried and used them on shoplifters many years ago. Never got jammed up but we’re talking about the 80’s & 90’s.

Once had a guy who had attempted to steal hundreds of dollars worth of stuff in North Attleboro. I used a five cell maglite on his knee when he tried to flee and resist. The responding sergeant saw no problem whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom