Anybody buy a Brownells Retro Replica?

JRT

NES Member
Has anybody here bought one of these replica rifles? I know I could build one but the prices on these are pretty good. I really dig on the old style look and I’m curious how the builds from Brownells are if anyone has experience.

I’m partial to the 2nd from the right and 4th from the left. They all average around $900.

Linky: https://www.brownells.com/.aspx/bap...mpaign=2019_09_27_firearm&utm_content=firearm

E3038B17-D5C6-4BA6-937D-6EB2482F8734.jpeg

I've read good things about them on other forums. If I was not a Mass resident, I would probably buy one. Instead, I have an old Colt SP1.

The Brownells retro rifles seem cool.

Another option for the M16A1: there are a lot of genuine M16A1 parts kits popping up right now. Throw them on a nodak spud lower (or any lower if you don’t care about the lower looking period correct), and you have a very authentic M16A1 clone with real military parts.

Last edited:
What better to go with a retro rifle, I should get some OG Vietnam era tiger stripe camo.

View attachment 305146

Do it, everyone’s going retro these days.

image.jpg

The Brownells retro rifles seem cool.

Another option for the M16A1: there are a lot of genuine M16A1 parts kits popping up right now. Throw them on a nodak spud lower (or any lower if you don’t care about the lower looking period correct), and you have a very authentic M16A1 clone with real military parts.

Colt built some M16A1 clones. They only wanted $2,500 for them. [rofl][rofl2]

I bought the retro furniture and built an 80% lower into a dedicated 22LR with a
20 inch barrel. It is not a perfect replica, but it is close enough for me. Need to get
some more Blag Dog 25 Round Magazines for it.

Malodave

Back
Top Bottom