Any MA. Police Officers Here?

Great Thank you.

Anytime. Another option might be Zero Hour Arms in Easton. They seem to have quite a few satisfied customers on this forum.

www.zerohourarms.com

If you look in the Classified section on the main page, there is a section for dealers to advertise themselves. You may find some other possibilities.

The GSR that was tested and approved probably isn't even made by SigSauer/Sigarms anymore (the first version was mostly a disaster, anyways) and the company never bothered
getting it past the AG's crap and attempting to sell it here.
I'm not sure how different a gun is allowed to be before it
becomes "not eops compliant" anymore, but I'm pretty sure the
new GSR 1911s are "different" at least cosmetically.

I knew the SIG was problematic, but it IS on the list. This means a dealer can transfer it, should thug be interested and one turn up.

I'd go w/a Para for double-stack and S&W for a single-stack, if cost was an issue.

If not, an SVI.

Obviously there are hundreds of gun dealers from other states where I could purchase one of my choices but will someone here in MA. accept the transfer?

If the gun is 'on the list', there are probably plenty of examples here in MA that you could buy cheaper than having one imported. If the gun is not 'on the list', then no MA FFL will be able to transfer it for you. In other words, there's very little reason to buy a handgun from another state.

Now you have to excuse me while I go pick up the revolver I just bought in Maine. [smile]

Anytime. Another option might be Zero Hour Arms in Easton. They seem to have quite a few satisfied customers on this forum.

www.zerohourarms.com

If you look in the Classified section on the main page, there is a section for dealers to advertise themselves. You may find some other possibilities.

They are very LEO friendly, and I'm sure they can get you any "listed" thing you want.

Well because I'm a gambling man I'll dip back in with another question. For those who understand the different federal laws and interstate regulations against us in MA. could you tell me if any of the following brand makers are available to law enforcement personal ? I'm not sure where to look for these regulations, and would appreciate your help in making my choice that much quicker. Thanks again.
1. Ed Brown
2. Les Baer
3. Springfield
4. Dan Wesson
5. Colt
6. Kimber

Looks to me like you're aching for a 1911, eh? I don't think any of those are on the list, except there are quite a few Colts around if you look. Springfield doesn't even bother trying to get their guns approved for sale in MA, and I don't think Kimber cares about us, either.

I would also recommend ZeroHourArms for all your non-MA compliant needs. Oh, and stay the hell away from Auto Ordinance [frown]

Last edited:
Like FPrice said, I would check out Zero Hour Arms. I was there the other day and he had quite the selection of guns that were labled LE only. You should go in there on a busy saturday and make all the regular citizens jealous by buying one of those guns.

I second Four Seasons or Zero Hour - they are both top notch dealers. Most likely just depends on which way you want to drive North or South.

Thanks...probably another reason I didn't want to post and instead PM someone, your sarcastic response.[wink]
Whoa... he takes it and slings it right back. Well done, O thuggish one!
Well I'm not rich but if I can get it then I'll try and get it. I realize the limited list that is available to me now, which would probably mean I choose Smith+Wesson but I thought I would investigate and figure out if I can actually get one of the others with the proper connections.
Thanks again.
Thug23, I have both an SW1911 and a Para P12 (compact double-stack 1911) - both are very reliable and I don't hesitate to carry either for defensive purposes. You can make a trip out to S&W and try out the SW1911 on their range if you want to. I think you'd have to go to Boston Gun Range in Worcester or Manchester Firing Line in NH to try out the Para.

thug23:

One option is to buy used. There's a customized Springfield for sale here in the classifieds.

Another option is to find a dealer who will transfer a frame to you. Since a frame can't be drop tested, it doesn't have to meet the standards. Some dealers won't do this, but some will. So get a new Caspian frame and have your favorite gunsmith build it they way you want it.

Back
Top Bottom