• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AFS with no ltc

I was under the impression that you would not need an LTC to shoot/rent at afs. I remembered confirming this when I searched but unfortunately I was there earlier tonight and they would not let me rent/shoot without an ltc. The only way I could of shot is if I was with someone who had an ltc and had his own firearm so I could rent. Sucks I was hoping to narrow down my options for my first firearm by trying out the pm9 they had..

After someone rented a gun and blew their brains out there, this was their reaction . . . a change in policy. MFL also has the same policy.

Knee-jerk reactions are limited to legistraitors! [thinking]

Maybe I'll actually go shoot there now. I've never talked to a single person at my club who's gone there to shoot and didn't have a negative attitude about the people they let in and the lack of supervision over them. Most are literally too scared to ever go back because of the "homeboy shooting" and laserlining.

That is a heck of a ride to go shooting. I'd be willing to let you shoot my PM9, but I am in the Bridgewaters so that is a heck of a ride

That is a heck of a ride to go shooting. I'd be willing to let you shoot my PM9, but I am in the Bridgewaters so that is a heck of a ride
Thank you for the offer fencer, I appreciate that..I was actually around the way because I brought my son to see the Christmas lights at La Salette earlier tonight...If I'm ever down your way I'll definitely give you a pm [thumbsup]

I've been going to MFL they have never given me any problems.

From MFL website: www.gunsnh.com

ONLY if you are alone AND plan to rent our firearms, you will need to present a certificate showing you have completed a course or have a LTC/CCW from a state that requires a course completion prior to certification.. If you bring a friend with you to the range, these restrictions do not apply.

From AFS website: http://www.americanfirearmsschool.com

1. All participants must have a firearms license and have a handgun of their own with them, or havesomeone shooting with them in order to rent a handgun.
  2. All participants must have a firearms license and either a handgun or a long gun of their own withthem or have someone shooting with them in order to rent a long gun.

Thanks for the info lens..I came across the thread about what happened at AFS a couple months ago, and I see what's going on now. I forgot to mention I just realized that MFL never gave me any problems because I never went alone..

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info lens..I came across the thread about what happened at AFS a couple months ago, and I see what's going on now. I forgot to mention I just realized that MFL never gave me any problems because I never went alone..

I thought you could rent without a ltc if someone else went with you. I didn't think the second had to have a ltc either, just had to be in pairs.

I was under the impression that you would not need an LTC to shoot/rent at afs. I remembered confirming this when I searched but unfortunately I was there earlier tonight and they would not let me rent/shoot without an ltc. The only way I could of shot is if I was with someone who had an ltc and had his own firearm so I could rent. Sucks I was hoping to narrow down my options for my first firearm by trying out the pm9 they had..

By requiring the unlicensed individual to have a LTC holder accompany them, a range (particularly in MA) is assuring that there will be someone they can truthfully allege was the licensed gun owner whose supervision triggered the exemption allowing an unlicensed person to fire a handgun. Absent such a requirement, the range opens itself up to allegations that having a clerk out front with an LTC while a renter goes to the range is not close enough to trigger the exemption. It also means there is someone for the state to prosecute if it decides to go after the person supervising the suicide shooter.

Back
Top Bottom