"active shooter" situation reported at Colorado HS

Absolutely not, Im fine with the Israeli method: Intense, focused questioning. And that's far more invasive than a simple rub & tug, but it actually works so I don't see the TSA adopting it anytime soon.

[SIZE=-1]I think the student body, being forced to walk the line[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1], hands on heads,[/SIZE] and do as commanded, by gauntlets of swat teams with full body armor and dozens of AR's poised and ready is a bit much to put hundreds of kids through in order to get them out of the building.
None of these kids did anything wrong but apparently protocol requires they be treated like violent dangerous suspects until they can be proven otherwise by pat downs.
Does "safety of the emergency responders "trump everything now?
[/SIZE] Seems like people are buying this more and more. How is this ok?

Remember the time that the 2nd shooter, the one who didn't shoot themselves before the police got to them, tried to slip in with the evacuating kids to get away? No? Well, neither do I! It's never happened yet.

But it did at Beslan, apparently, when Islamist extremists killed 380 people at a school in 2004. So police might be doing the right thing AFTER a crisis event has occurred. But most communities sure as hell aren't doing much of anything to prevent these crisis events - most are still in a state of denial....

The Copycat Effect: How the Media and Popular Culture Trigger the Mayhem in Tomorrow's Headlines

"VIOLENCE BEGETS VIOLENCE BEGETS VIOLENCE...
A disturbed student shoots up his classroom -- and suddenly a wave of mass murder is sweeping through our nation's schools. A young child is taken from her home -- and for months afterward child abductions are frantically reported on an almost daily basis. A surfer is attacked by a shark -- and the public spends an entire summer fearing an onslaught of the deadly underwater predators. Why do the terrible events we see in the media always seem to lead to more of the same?
Noted author and cultural behaviorist Loren Coleman explores how the media's over-saturated coverage of murders, suicides, and deadly tragedies makes an impact on our society. This is The Copycat Effect -- the phenomenon through which violent events spawn violence of the same type.
From recognizing the emerging patterns of the Copycat Effect, to how we can deal with and counteract its consequences as individuals and as a culture, Loren Coleman has uncovered a tragic flaw of the information age -- a flaw which must be corrected before the next ripples of violence spread."

Published 10 Fricking Years ago! Make you conclude that the media sez, "Yeah, why wait for the news to happen, when WE CAN MAKE THE NEWS HAPPEN! If it bleeds, it reads!"

Time to arrest, indict, prosecute and convict the Liberal News Media of Mass Murder...

This. 1000x

It's ridiculous how the media acts. They go to breaking news every time a shooting happens because they know their coverage will bring in ratings. They glorify the shooter to no other. In a perfect world, it would be illegal to name the shooter or show his/her identity.

This. 1000x

It's ridiculous how the media acts. They go to breaking news every time a shooting happens because they know their coverage will bring in ratings. They glorify the shooter to no other. In a perfect world, it would be illegal to name the shooter or show his/her identity.

Free Market
1st Amendment

Gotta take the good with the bad....

Just heard on the news that the two victims that are in hospital are not gunshot victims...
A student armed with a shotgun entered a Colorado high school Friday looking for a specific teacher, then shot two students before apparently killing himself, police said.-FOX NEWS
Well that sure is interesting then…

Also have to recognize they act this way because WE READ IT and RESPOND.

Media could be as dumb as they like, but if no one responded, they'd have to try a new approach, like say, reporting the facts and keeping things in perspective?

I know C... it was kind of tongue in cheek. I agree

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Yeah...go ahead and let us know how that works out for you. Be sure to have plenty of bail money handy because YOU WILL GO TO JAIL. Granted, there is no legal reason aside from "disorderly conduct", but it will happen.

For better or for worse, the cops have the right to control an active scene and sort things out, so the charge would probably be "failure to follow a lawful order" or as you suggest disorderly conduct.

Either way, you don't have a choice, you WILL be controlled.

I'll just say the timing is "interesting" and leave it at that.
And by the 10 o'clock news it will be a "high capacity, military style assault rifle."

Good thing that Boot-licker signed all of those gun control laws and that schools are gun-free zones. [thinking]

Kids are all walking out with their hands in the air. [rolleyes]

Straight out of the active shooter training being done in hospitals, schools and large companies. If you're able to exit, keep your hands up so par enforcement knows you're not a threat. For good or bad, that's the training.

the teacher was told the guy with the gun wanted to talk to him and he ran....

Frankly, I've got better things to do than confront somebody that says they want to shoot me, too. I'd be inclined to depart with alacrity as well.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

I know, I know but this is happening with all too much regularity. Call me this: [tinfoil] I'm not a big conspiracy theorist...but

I grew up in Dorchester with some really tough kids. A lot are dead or in jail... or they work for the police or fire departments.

But my point is fists flew frequently. Seems like someone was always swinging at someone. Broken noses, teeth and knuckles were common. But rarely did anyone use a knife and shootings were very, very rare.

What has changed? Certainly firearms were easier to obtain back in those days. No licenses required in MA. No storage requirements.

Yeah, guns were around, but not in abundance.

So why today has society in our country evolved into a place where people reach for a firearm so frequently?

Because self esteem trumps everything. Protecting kids from bullying leaves them completely unprepared to deal with confrontation. Parents aren't parenting, focused on being their kids "friend"..I could go on and on

Back
Top Bottom