• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active Shooter Situation in Lewiston Maine

"Card’s brother told police that he and Card’s father tried to get Card mental health help, took his guns, and convinced Card’s father to change the code on a family gun safe a few months before the mass shooting. But Card still had a key to the safe and access to his firearms prior to the shooting, police records say."

He was institutionalized this summer, so it's possible he passed a background check before that. But don't suppressor vendors typically have you fill out the 4473 and make the purchase first and then send the paperwork to the ATF? In that case the transaction was blocked by the seller and never got to the ATF.

So once again, it comes down to whether a court ordered his commitment. If so, Maine's "Yellow Flag" warning should have kicked in and his guns seized. If not, the neither the ATF nor Maine LE would have grounds to act.
That's not how mine went. I filled out the suppressor form and started the long background when I bought it. When I picked it up, I did a 4473 as well, but it didn't get fully submitted or something like that. Either way, I had to do a 4473 when I picked it up.

He was institutionalized this summer, so it's possible he passed a background check
this whole thing is indeed bad. the guy was pretty much a confirmed previously institutionalized aggressive schizoid.

so, what do we do at this point with such people? is there a court order needed for such people to be stripped of all constitutional rights? or only partial rights? which ones then, as we have a list? or declared non-competent and not be allowed alone in society, only of a leash with a shaperon?

or just confiscate all weapons, all guns and knives and spoons and axes from everyone as god forbid some of the people out there can be such schizoids too?
government obviously pushes for the latter, as it matches their goals, but, at same time - there is definite crisis at hand now with all this, after all the mental institutions got axed, 'in the name of humanity'.

this whole thing is indeed bad. the guy was pretty much a confirmed previously institutionalized aggressive schizoid.

so, what do we do at this point with such people? is there a court order needed for such people to be stripped of all constitutional rights? or only partial rights? which ones then, as we have a list? or declared non-competent and not be allowed alone in society, only of a leash with a shaperon?

or just confiscate all weapons, all guns and knives and spoons and axes from everyone as god forbid some of the people out there can be such schizoids too?
government obviously pushes for the latter, as it matches their goals, but, at same time - there is definite crisis at hand now with all this, after all the mental institutions got axed, 'in the name of humanity'.

Crazy people gonna crazy my dude. Arizona just passed a law that puts armed guards in all schools, most places of worship are guarding up too.

At work our threat analysis is just as tuned into angry guy with a rented uhaul van as much as it is to angry guy with ar15.

Until the minority report software drops i think what you posted is going to be the constant conundrum.

That's not how mine went. I filled out the suppressor form and started the long background when I bought it. When I picked it up, I did a 4473 as well, but it didn't get fully submitted or something like that. Either way, I had to do a 4473 when I picked it up.
Thank you!! Mine was the same way. At least I’m not freaking crazy. 😂

“The primary misconception that exists among many members of the public is that gun violence, particularly mass shootings, results primarily from mental illness, and in fact that’s not true,” Appelbaum said. This widespread belief has “diverted attention from ways of making it harder for people to get guns”, he said, and instead focused attention on mental health interventions unlikely to prevent much violence."

Did anyone say mental illness was the primary cause of mass shootings?

“The primary misconception that exists among many members of the public is that gun violence, particularly mass shootings, results primarily from mental illness, and in fact that’s not true,” Appelbaum said. This widespread belief has “diverted attention from ways of making it harder for people to get guns”, he said, and instead focused attention on mental health interventions unlikely to prevent much violence."

Did anyone say mental illness was the primary cause of mass shootings?
Well... better blame the guns before we start looking at what's in those little happy pills docs hand out like candy.

We knew this was coming:

At the state level, New Hampshire does not have an assault weapons ban.

"New Hampshire is lacking a whole slate of laws that could generally address the problem of gun violence," Allison Anderman, senior counsel and director of local policy at The Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, said.

Currently, New Hampshire has an "F" rating for its gun laws.

Anderman said the Granite State could take several steps to strengthen them.

"Such as background checks on gun purchases, licensing for gun owners, extreme risk protection orders, otherwise known as red flag laws," Anderman said.

Really ?
No background checks when you buy a gun in NH ???
Another leftist assclown who writes BS without a clue as to the real facts.

Here’s NYT trying to say the Lewiston mass killer was made by the US Army from being a Grenade instructor and experiencing explosive over-pressure brain damage. But oddly, he’s the only Grenade Instructor who became a mass killer.

Journalists are not scientists - which is about the only point this podcast proves…

Here’s NYT trying to say the Lewiston mass killer was made by the US Army from being a Grenade instructor and experiencing explosive over-pressure brain damage. But oddly, he’s the only Grenade Instructor who became a mass killer.

Journalists are not scientists - which is about the only point this podcast proves…
Just an opportunity for them to push for veterans with PTSD to be disarmed or outright denied. Any angle whatsoever to try and take guns away and further their agenda.

drug users and shootings, blacks and shootings, blue areas and shootings....., but but veterans

Just an opportunity for them to push for veterans with PTSD to be disarmed or outright denied. Any angle whatsoever to try and take guns away and further their agenda.

drug users and shootings, blacks and shootings, blue areas and shootings....., but but veterans

A Secret War, Strange New Wounds, and Silence From the Pentagon - Artillery Units Have Brain Damage and PTSD​

"The sister of one of the victims of the deadliest shooting in Maine history accused lawmakers of acting “nefariously” by pressing at the 11th hour of the legislative session for a so-called red flag law that could be used to take away guns from someone experiencing a psychiatric crisis. Others, however, said such a law could have saved lives....

Sheldon Bird of Bath took lawmakers to task for inaction on gun violence.

“The basic opening argument against any type of firearm restriction goes like this: ‘Guns don’t kill people, people kill people,’” Bird said. “This is specious at best, fraudulent at worst. If it were valid, then we would have no higher death rate than any other civilized country. Guns are a unique factor in the U.S. violence situation.”

Waiting periods - how is one’s right to acquire a firearm offset by the chance someone will buy a gun to kill themself?

Why should this even apply to people who already own guns and want to buy another one ?
Is this really going to stop such a person from committing suicide because they're stopped from buying a new gun for three days ?

And... the leftist DimocRAT cancer continues to spread to our neighbors to the north. :(
Seems like all the good ol boys have left the state. The ones who "just want to be left alone" are quickly finding out that isn't an option anymore. Oh well, forests grow from forest fires or something like that.

Waiting periods - how is one’s right to acquire a firearm offset by the chance someone will buy a gun to kill themself?

It's ridiculous. I once lived in a waiting-period state; buying guns was a pain in the ass.

It was almost as bad in NC, with the stupid permit-to-purchase crap. States are so stupid with these dumb laws that do NOTHING but inconvenience us.

Back
Top Bottom