• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunmen in Combat Fatigues Open Fire at Moscow Concert Hall, Venue Engulfed in Flames, Deaths Reported

I hate to tell you this, but Im guessing your wife is either was from Moscow or St Pete? Because the rest of Russia absolutely loves Putin and votes for him sincerely in their majority. He fixes the elections primarily out of old school fear, but he could easily win as is.
kinda wanted to note that too on other post, but did not bother.
i bet that putin won elections fair and square - majority just voted for him GLADLY. same as same majority voted for stalin, and would voted ivan the terrible into the office all the same.

I hate to tell you this, but Im guessing your wife is either was from Moscow or St Pete? Because the rest of Russia absolutely loves Putin and votes for him sincerely in their majority. He fixes the elections primarily out of old school fear, but he could easily win as is.
Actually from Siberia, lived in the the Caucasus region and then a short stint in Moscow before she moved here.
Shes been here for 20 years and her mother for 12 or so
I had her little bro here he messed up here was sent back and was conscripted, sent to Crimea. That was the moment any love for Putin was purged from our family.

Ironically it’s somewhat the same in the states, where the “patriots” or whatever you call them mostly live in rural areas and the “libs” live in the cites….

Anyway I’ll stand by that these people didn’t deserve this and anyone who can’t feel sympathy is indeed a monster

If anyone wants to argue semantics to make themselves feel better about the guilt, so be it

Last edited:
I don't know or care much about who likes who in Russia but what was shocking to me is that Stalin is loved by some Russians ( According to a documentary that I saw ) and he murdered a shit ton of his own Russians

I don't know or care much about who likes who in Russia but what was shocking to me is that Stalin is loved by some Russians ( According to a documentary that I saw ) and he murdered a shit ton of his own Russians

It's not that shocking. Look at how many Americans love Roosevelt vs how many hate him. Granted, he didn't do what Stalin did, but it just goes to show how polarized people are about this stuff.

Stalin's rule coincides with a time when the Soviets were still a massively important force in this world. For people whose families weren't wiped out by him, or people who've never met anyone who remembers him? I'm not surprised they love him. He was a guy who made the Soviet Union matter.

Lots of societies really do like being ruled by strongmen. That's not unique to Russia, but they certainly seem to feel more comfortable that way.

Revisionist history is never real or accurate. Stalin died in 1953 and very few, if any, remain alive today that would have direct knowledge of his reign of terror. Those that live today in Russia have no clue how Stalin treated Russians so their 71% support of him must be taken with context.

So did Lenin. So did Tsars. Russia's history is nothing but genocide of its people and nations surrounding it.

I remember meeting a Buryat in Novosibirsk during my first trip to Russia in 1999. He did not speak his native language because Russians forced all Buryat children to speak Russian, and if parents tried to speak the Buryat language at home, they would be imprisoned. Within two generations, the Buryat people have lost their language and culture. His grandfather was the last Buryat in his family to speak their native language. As a result of cultural genocide, Buryats have become the poorest and most culture-less people in Russia.
Incidentally, Buryats also have the highest rate of conscription to fight in Ukraine. Something like 40% of all Buryat men of fighting age are conscripted to fight and die in Ukraine. They also have some of the highest casualty rates because they are used in stormtrooper units. Is it a coincidence, or is Puting trying to finish the genocide of Buryats? Once men are gone, women will be left with nothing but assimilate and disappear as unique people. The US did this to native Americans 150 ago and has since been paying reparations, providing other benefits to atone for it. Russia is doing it today. Russia and America are not the same!

So did Lenin. So did Tsars. Russia's history is nothing but genocide of its people and nations surrounding it.

I remember meeting a Buryat in Novosibirsk during my first trip to Russia in 1999. He did not speak his native language because Russians forced all Buryat children to speak Russian, and if parents tried to speak the Buryat language at home, they would be imprisoned. Within two generations, the Buryat people have lost their language and culture. His grandfather was the last Buryat in his family to speak their native language. As a result of cultural genocide, Buryats have become the poorest and most culture-less people in Russia.
Incidentally, Buryats also have the highest rate of conscription to fight in Ukraine. Something like 40% of all Buryat men of fighting age are conscripted to fight and die in Ukraine. They also have some of the highest casualty rates because they are used in stormtrooper units. Is it a coincidence, or is Puting trying to finish the genocide of Buryats? Once men are gone, women will be left with nothing but assimilate and disappear as unique people. The US did this to native Americans 150 ago and has since been paying reparations, providing other benefits to atone for it. Russia is doing it today. Russia and America are not the same!
Putin is a great Patriot and loves his country and people with all his heart according to some guys in the Ukraine thread, which I think is retarded and hilarious at the same time

No US and Russia are not the same but they are both evil in their own ways though

It's interesting I am watching a documentary about the Cold War. The current episodes were discussing the rush to the nuclear weapon etc. what struck me was how many people were killed, displaced and not warned by the US government when testing was conducted. Summer camp of teenage girls at dance camp swimming enjoying the summer snow (radioactive fallout) etc.

Point being obviously the United States government isn't as bad as Russia's government. That said we have plenty of skeletons in our closet. We do have the current leader of the opposition party getting the full court press legally put on him. Not the same as being jailed and poisoned but you get the point. That is what I have seen people asserting in here. The fact that you aren't able to separate that is a you problem.

ETA: NVM

From what I gather that place normally has security, but that night these guys walked in unopposed .
Odd , isn't it?

I was thinking that. You tip off mall cops that there’s gonna be trouble and they all go on break. If the US warning of potential terrorism got through, they probably all called in sick.

Again, I don't understand why the US hasn't seen a pile of terrorist attacks. We have open borders. We've done things in the world that have pissed off a lot of dangerous, unstable people. There is evidence that questionable people have flooded in by the hundreds of thousands. It would be incredibly easy to pull off attacks that would cause this country to grind to a halt. Yet, mostly nothing happens.

It makes no sense.
Why do anything yet, Biden's doing just fine on his own.

GJZsCDLaIAADS6A

Again, I don't understand why the US hasn't seen a pile of terrorist attacks. We have open borders. We've done things in the world that have pissed off a lot of dangerous, unstable people. There is evidence that questionable people have flooded in by the hundreds of thousands. It would be incredibly easy to pull off attacks that would cause this country to grind to a halt. Yet, mostly nothing happens.

It makes no sense.
I have spent some time thinking about this too. The US is a very soft target with huge uncontrollable attack surface. It will be very very easy to do harm. Yet - no terror attacks.

My only logical explanation is that on some level we communicate with all our enemies and have told them in no uncertain terms that if they do something, we will make sure that whatever they fight for will be destroyed. After all we are the only nation in the world that when given the choice of losing large number of Americans or deploy weapons of mass destruction we have chosen to drop the bombs. There is no other logical explanation on why no terrorist attacks on US soil.

You’ve got to be pretty dumb to carry out a terrorist attack like that, and get caught. Enjoy being tortured the rest of your life. Also, killing 150 Russians is only going to result in the killings of 10s of thousands of your buddies out of retribution.

The Russian people are no different than us. They have just as little power to change their government as we do ours and they work just as hard at their jobs to feed their families as we do ours. Saying that Russian being dead is a good thing just shows prejudice and while I've been hard on Ukraine my focus is on their government and elites, not the people, who are used as pawns by the West in a proxy war with Russia.
Name one conflict outside of the japanese theatre in ww2 and very specifically our involvement. where everyone wasnt the pawn of sociopathic elites

I'll wait

Back
Top Bottom