• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"active shooter" situation reported at Colorado HS

Pierson also appears to mock Republicans on another Facebook post, writing "you republicans are so cute" and posting an image that reads: "The Republican Party: Health Care: Let 'em Die, Climate Change: Let 'em Die, Gun Violence: Let 'em Die, Women's Rights: Let 'em Die, More War: Let 'em Die. Is this really the side you want to be on?"

Carl Schmidt and Brendon Mendelson, both seniors at Arapahoe High, knew Pierson. They said he had political views that were "outside the mainstream," but they did not elaborate.

Schmidt said the shooter "was an outspoken kid about what he believed and a good political thinker."

My guess is that's he's not a gun-clinging, bible thumping Tea Partier.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...nman-held-strong-political-beliefs-classmates.

Because we have a nation of spoiled pussy little brats with no idea of personal responsibility or sense of honor. These incidents are just large scale temper tantrums by shitheads.

This over 9000 times.

That's all these shootings are, the result of coddlers and enablers, feminazis who want to eliminate patriarchy, child social services who cow to the whims of liberal progressives and embolden kids with tools against their own parents, basically, kids growing up without Dads who don't give a shit and will whoop their ass.

yup it will be all about the guns, not the sick sonna of a b raised by lib parents, stuffed with ritalin and taking mandatory conflict resolution and anti-bullying classes

Since when did taking Ritalin, or any other ADHD medication turn anyone into a killer? It hasnt. You let the gun grabbers start anything like that, then taking something as mild as an ambien will get your gun taken away.

I have ADHD and i am on adderall. I have never hurt anyone or myself. Infact, the adderall helped me professionally by helping me focus on things that normally mean nothing to me. Do you believe that someone with ADHD, or someone taking adderall should or shouldnt be allowed to own a firearm? Additionally, do you think that anyone on any medication should be allowed to own a firearm?

keep screaming things like this, and you will give the gun grabbers more ammunition to strip everyone of their rights.

Since when did taking Ritalin, or any other ADHD medication turn anyone into a killer? It hasnt. You let the gun grabbers start anything like that, then taking something as mild as an ambien will get your gun taken away.

I have ADHD and i am on adderall. I have never hurt anyone or myself. Infact, the adderall helped me professionally by helping me focus on things that normally mean nothing to me. Do you believe that someone with ADHD, or someone taking adderall should or shouldnt be allowed to own a firearm? Additionally, do you think that anyone on any medication should be allowed to own a firearm?

keep screaming things like this, and you will give the gun grabbers more ammunition to strip everyone of their rights.
This, and they will be coming for the Veterans first. They are already laying the groundwork. http://www.veterans.senate.gov/rank...lease_id=b5425218-0adc-441e-acd0-e913600c2ec0

Yep. People love to look for answers, and they make stuff up as they go along. When sandy hook shooting happened, there must have been a thread a day here about how SSRI's caused the shooting. I even remember reading a whole article in the GOAL monthly newsletter about how people should look at SSRI's because there the reason of this mass killings[rolleyes] Turns out he wasn't taking any ssri's, nor was receiving any mental health care according the the Attorney General of CT report that was released a few weeks ago.

In one Facebook post, Pierson attacks the philosophies of economist Adam Smith, who through his invisible-hand theory pushed the notion that the free market was self-regulating. In another post, he describes himself as "Keynesian."
Carl Schmidt and Brendon Mendelson, both seniors at Arapahoe High, knew Pierson. They said he had political views that were "outside the mainstream," but they did not elaborate.
lolwut? This is "outside the mainstream"????

Pierson also appears to mock Republicans on another Facebook post, writing "you republicans are so cute" and posting an image that reads: "The Republican Party: Health Care: Let 'em Die, Climate Change: Let 'em Die, Gun Violence: Let 'em Die, Women's Rights: Let 'em Die, More War: Let 'em Die. Is this really the side you want to be on?"
Schmidt said the shooter "was an outspoken kid about what he believed and a good political thinker."
[rofl][rofl][rofl] I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this is what passes for intellectualism these days!

IMHO the problem is people who SHOULDN'T be on the meds that are.
Too many pill pimps pushing meds on kids that aren't really suffering from ADHD or any other illness that the meds are designed to help.
Little Johnny is suffering from a lack of dicipline at home so load him up.
Little Johnny gets on the Xbox ten hours a day and doesn't do his homework, load him up.
Little Johnny has social issues because Mommy and Daddy think he can do no wrong, load him up.
Some of the drugs can have some serious side effects on folks that don't have the condition they are ment to help.

Last edited:
Doesn't fit the media narrative that these are all committed by right wingers, so they lie.
Like rugs... Though I think you mean "left wingers".

They've all been demonstrably unstable and/or democrats.

Marxism and variations celebrate violence and "ends justify the means" views with "greater good" thinking that devalues the individual to the point of mass slaughter to reach political ends.

Marxism and variations celebrate violence and "ends justify the means" views with "greater good" thinking that devalues the individual to the point of mass slaughter to reach political ends.

Is there a study investigating political affiliation of mass shooters? Serious question. I would not be surprised to find they're often lefties.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

Is there a study investigating political affiliation of mass shooters? Serious question. I would not be surprised to find they're often lefties.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

When they find NRA or other "right wing extremist" literature at a mass killer's home, they always bring it up over and over again. If they are left-wingers, well, let's just say that's not newsworthy.

[NOTE: Just a reminder that "mass shooter" is a media term, and "active shooter" is a LE term. When we all get together to shoot at the F&G every weekend, we are both. But we're not "mass killers".

Order of media events during a mass school killing:

1. 1st In: The reporter who gets story out first wins, whether they have any true or verified facts in the story.

2. Scramble: Other reporters contact any possible "official" sources who might give them a detailed follow-up story. Maybe a local Deputy Sheriff who answers the phone and says what he heard on the scanner. Usually multiple shooters and high capacity assault weapons involved at the outset.

3. Immediate Aftermath: Every LEO local to the site, gets geared up in body armor, helmets and anything black, rushes to the scene and walks around while the news media get video/photo ops. The killer shot themselves long ago, and the 2nd responders are clearing the building, room by room. Any LEO is fair game for an interview, and numbers of victims, shooters, firearms vary wildly for hours in news updates.

4. Background Research: The media back home search the school by Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc., and start calling school administrators, parents, teachers - anyone that might talk with them. They all ask each other "Just where the hell is East Bumf*ck Junior High School and what's the nearest airport?" Realizing it's 8hr away by air/car, they contact the local news affiliates to do on-the-scene work until their people can get there.

5. Hi-volume Media Cycle: Every few hours, the media outlets refresh their stories. New pictures of crying kids, grieving parents, grave LEOs are published. Key objectives are: killer ID, body count, firearms count, round count, with an emphasis on any possible use/misuse of high-power, high-capacity and assault weapons. Work into story Columbine, VT, Gifford and other past mass killing events, as well as failed attempts to expand gun control. Attach key pro-gun legislators to the story (Ayotte, etc.) somehow to spread the blame with NRA. Repeat lies about 40% of guns bought w/o background checks, 80-90% support for expanded background checks, etc.

6. Gun Control Spin: It begins as soon as it's clear that the killer wasn't "Teflon" - not a LEO, woman, minority, etc. - people that the media cannot excoriate to the same extent as a white male. The media coverage of the pro-gun control statements begins within hours. Talk shows call their usual list of post-mass killing interviewees to line up potential debates and anti-gun diatribes. Piers Morgan and Michael Bloomberg take a Valium - it's just too exciting.

7. Whitehouse: Biden cringes and waits for it. Obama solemnly renews pledge to end this killing on TV, and asks Joe Biden "What up?" on those 23 Executive Orders? His handlers brief Joe, put him in front of TV cameras, pull the sock out his mouth, and hold their breath, waiting to hear what he might say this time...

That's not what I meant. The recent ones have been committed by leftists, but the media would have you believe that right wingers are doing it.

According to several articles I read about this kid he was proud to be a Communist. It was well known in the school what his views were. The surprising thing to me is that it's not just Fox News and other "conservative" news outlets mentioning it. This kid fits the profile of a "rampage" active shooter including the part where he killed himself as soon as he knew that a deputy was on the way to confront him. Which makes the whole "Armed guards in schools won't help" thing a joke.

Feel free to PM me with your particular response to any type of incident like this. I'm not trolling. I'd really like to hear how you resolve fairly complex problems like we are having in society (your solution can be completely devoid of government agents. I'm fine with that) while balancing constitutional rights, and general public order (if you even think founding fathers cared about anything other than the individual).

Haven't had a chance to reply to this...busy weekend..

Well, I'm not going to offer a treatise resolving all of society's problems and the appropriate way for the state to handle every possible type of volatile situation. If you want to bounce situations off of me then feel free to PM me. I'm not going to spend time dreaming up random situations and explaining to you how I think they should be handled.

That said, the founding fathers gave us a framework to stay within. So IDGAF what law enforcement officials in particular and the broader state in general need to do to figure it out. They have rules that they must abide by to preserve our rights and they get more than enough of our tax money to solve all the problems they've created in the first place. They need to innovate and find a way to meet the demands of complex problems without violating peoples' constitutional rights.

I said in the watertown thread (and got flamed for it) that, had I lived in Watertown, I may have just consented to a quick sweep of my home so that the searchers/investigators could move on and not waste anymore time on me. The key to that is consent and being politely asked. I don't want a rifle in my face when I've committed no god damned crime and if that's unreasonable then I guess I'm just some kind of right wing nutjob. When asked politely, one can retain his rights and exercise them as he chooses. It's a choice, a free choice to either grant or deny consent. On that day, with everything going on, and a sincere desire to help law enforcement catch a terrorist pussy, I may very well grant consent to help them on their way even if I know full well that these door to door searches are a laughably stupid tactic. However, having some "show time!!" goon stick a rifle in my face would have resulted in me making sure they heard me say I don't consent, I'd definitely NOT resist physically in any way, and I'd file a lawsuit the very next day and see what happens.

I really don't have a problem with the kids having their hands up. It helps the cops ID the non threats. Even if we all know that the actual shooter could be in the line and have his hands up too...but hey whatever, it's not a search and not invasive. Frisking every student is a search without probable cause or a warrant. So yes, I do have a problem with that. The intensity or seriousness of the situation should never be allowed to dictate whether or not rights will be overlooked/violated. If we allow that then we might as well just throw the damn towel in now and stop pretending we give even the smallest shit about liberty.

It's nice that you acknowledge that there are real world problems that requires some kind of solution. I'm not talking about every particular situation, but a shooter in a public area with no knowledge of who he is, where he is, or when he will stop. Apology accepted....

;)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom