• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

a question for you wheeler dealer firearms traders

My guess is he means “pRe-HeAlEy”…if you’re in that boat who believes it as law. But given the noobs out there and some of the WTB ads in the classifieds, I’d bet many will pay a premium for one.

Calling a pre-healy "pre-ban" is nothing short of fraud. And I've seen pre-healy's advertised as pre-ban in the classifieds before, I hope nobody got taken by them.

in the gun circles i travel in, it's known i want a colt delta elite 10mm. i have had someone approach me and suggest a trade. i give him one of my pre-ban, built at home, ar rifles, he gives me his "minty" delta elite. straight up trade. i was thinking more along the lines of i strip one of my ars...take off the upper and the pistol grip & stock (both magpul) and trade the stuffed lower for the pistol. i don't keep up on values of the delta elite, mostly because i never thought i'd get one. gave up that thought years ago. what do you think? am i asking for too much with that stuffed lower? no big deal if i keep the rifle whole, i just don't want a lopsided deal. thoughts...

edit to add: built on a spikes lower

Trades are f***ing terrible with VERY limited exceptions. (I've done a couple here that worked great for both sides) Usually, however, there's always a loser.

There's no way you're going to get a DE for just an AR lower unless its like a factory kac or something. Or unless the guy is dense/stupid.

In the big kid world BS like pre healey, AR in MA etc doesn't have a big value bump.

Also do you have a guy to work on the DE? If i ever bought a new one id want to change half the stuff on it.

i don't know what happened to my guy here, he went on radio silence...he's mia. [sad] so no trade happened. hopefully he's alright. right now i just think life got in the way, maybe i'll hear something later on.

Back
Top Bottom