a question for you wheeler dealer firearms traders

greencobra

NES Member
in the gun circles i travel in, it's known i want a colt delta elite 10mm. i have had someone approach me and suggest a trade. i give him one of my pre-ban, built at home, ar rifles, he gives me his "minty" delta elite. straight up trade. i was thinking more along the lines of i strip one of my ars...take off the upper and the pistol grip & stock (both magpul) and trade the stuffed lower for the pistol. i don't keep up on values of the delta elite, mostly because i never thought i'd get one. gave up that thought years ago. what do you think? am i asking for too much with that stuffed lower? no big deal if i keep the rifle whole, i just don't want a lopsided deal. thoughts...

edit to add: built on a spikes lower

i'm looking for fair to both of us so keeping the rifle complete is the way to go. i have not talked to the guy yet to finalize so lets hope he isn't a member here cause it looks like i'm trying to pork him. [angry]

i'm looking for fair to both of us so keeping the rifle complete is the way to go. i have not talked to the guy yet to finalize so lets hope he isn't a member here cause it looks like i'm trying to pork him. [angry]
naw, you're good Mr. Cobra. He has something you want... you have something he wants. Fairly close in value (Massachusetts value...)

If it happens, both parties should walk away happy...
~Enbloc

jeeze, is it really valued at what's into it? i thought it would be based on market value.
Market Value is King... but you come in a little light.

Keep this in mind though: He may have bought the Colt 10mm and then found that it was a little too much gun for him.
You have a platform that is universal, easily accessorized/updated/repaired that anyone can shoot and is what I'd want if I could only own one of the two.

Last edited:
This. Do you really have 1500 in building one?
i was thinking, based on the prices here on nes in the classified, value would be 1200 to 1600 for a complete gun. i had no clue until several minutes ago, the value of a delta. i'm naive, i was thinking ~900. guess i was wrong. [laugh] but it's why i aske. i never could get a daniel defense stripped lower but the guts and sights and handguard are dd stuff. not cheap at the time. this was around 2011, about the time dd stopped selling stripped lowers direct.

jeeze, is it really valued at what's into it? i thought it would be based on market value.
All depends on the value “to whom”.

I had one that might have had a couple of rounds thru it. There was only one very slight brass line on the follower. The second Mag didn’t have a mark on it. 2 sets of factory grips.

Ask yourself this. What would you rather own? Just another preban AR, a Delta Elite or keep looking? That’s something only you can answer.

updated my last post:

Market Value is King... but you come in a little light.

Keep this in mind though: He may have bought the Colt 10mm and then found that it was a little too much gun for him.
You have a platform that is universal, easily accessorized/updated/repaired that anyone can shoot and is what I'd want if I could only own one of the two.

Looks like the Gen 1 Deltas are bringing in the bigger bucks.
i know this is more recent manufacture, maybe 15-20 years ago. they were still making them up until 2015 i believe, don't know about now. guess i don't do my research. in '15 i almost pulled the trigger on a new one but at the last minute i bought a xse .45 instead. i have no regrets.

Has potential swapper seen/fondled/fired your AR in its current configuration?

I don't run a gun store. If I do a trade its usually with someone I know. We both have a value for the firearm we are trading. If we both agree and are happy its done. If we are off a bit value wise ammo for the gun being traded usually makes up the difference. I'm not looking to gain value, I'm looking for an even trade.

honestly, no. and i haven't seen the delta either. we swapped pics though.
That's why I always say "Sold, Pending Inspection" when possible. It works both ways...

SPF (Sold Pending Funds) is a step down...

I don't run a gun store. If I do a trade its usually with someone I know. We both have a value for the firearm we are trading. If we both agree and are happy its done. If we are off a bit value wise ammo for the gun being traded usually makes up the difference. I'm not looking to gain value, I'm looking for an even trade.
yep. i've always thought if both people walk away happy it's a good trade. same if i buy a car or anything, if i feel good at the end of negotiations it's a good deal.

yep. i've always thought if both people walk away happy it's a good trade. same if i buy a car or anything, if i feel good at the end of negotiations it's a good deal.
Life should be this simple...

i know this is more recent manufacture, maybe 15-20 years ago. they were still making them up until 2015 i believe, don't know about now. guess i don't do my research. in '15 i almost pulled the trigger on a new one but at the last minute i bought a xse .45 instead. i have no regrets.
As a kid there was a small but very well stocked gun store near our place in the mountains (go figure on the location LOL). They always had one of the early Delta Elites on display- the one with the wrap-around pebble grain rubber grip. A few years ago I found a mint one via NES. Came with lots of extras and a pile of ammo. I put repro grips on it to preserve the originals and shoot it semi-regularly. Here's Gun Jesus with one similar to mine except mine is stainless:

i was thinking, based on the prices here on nes in the classified, value would be 1200 to 1600 for a complete gun. i had no clue until several minutes ago, the value of a delta. i'm naive, i was thinking ~900. guess i was wrong. [laugh] but it's why i aske. i never could get a daniel defense stripped lower but the guts and sights and handguard are dd stuff. not cheap at the time. this was around 2011, about the time dd stopped selling stripped lowers direct.
Value 'at the time' has no relevance on current value.

If you bought a case of .223 last year, or whenever it was bent over a barrel pricing, it wouldn't be worth that today on the market either.

Back
Top Bottom