• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

a few questions from a noob

massashoot shyt aka taxachusetts aka commonwealth.
1. i am a new F.I.D. gun owner from mass with quite a bit of knowledge my first purchase was a wasr10 and i was wondering what kind of mods can i make to it? i wanted to put a front grip, adjustable stock, change the handguard to a ghalil style, and a reflex scope with a laser on it

2. i wanted to know if there are any ar style rifles i can have in mass

3. what is considered low capacity ammo from least to greatest and am i able to buy all shotgun ammo

There is no such thing is low capacity ammo or high cap ammo. Some stores have a policy of asking is it for a handgun or rifle when buying ammo and then only selling handgun ammo to LTC holders. However, your FID means you can buy any ammo they sell. If a chain store gives you grief head to the local gun shop to stock up.

1. i am a new F.I.D. gun owner from mass with quite a bit of knowledge my first purchase was a wasr10 and i was wondering what kind of mods can i make to it? i wanted to put a front grip OK, adjustable stockNO, change the handguard to a ghalil styleOK, and a reflex scope with a laser on it OK, but I don't know why you would want to

2. i wanted to know if there are any ar style rifles i can have in mass

No ARs in MA with a FID.

3. what is considered low capacity ammo from least to greatest and am i able to buy all shotgun ammo

Assuming this is one of the 10 rd single stack, wasr10 variants, you can't use traditional AK mags. You need to use the neutered 10 rd wasr mags. Ammo is not hi/lo cap. The mags are. You CAN NOT have in your possession hi capacity mags.

wasr-10? FID? dont you need a LTC in order to buy a wasr-10. How old are you? i had my when i turned 18 when i hit 21 i got my LTC.

There are variants of the wasr 10 that ONLY accept a special 10 rd mag. I believe this is the source of the 10 in the model name.

The receiver can be trimmed out to accept a std AK mag, and a lot have been converted in such a way, but not all of them.

1. i am a new F.I.D. gun owner from mass with quite a bit of knowledge...

Not to put you down, because you're young and a new shooter... but you really need to do some reading on here, some of the stickies and all of the Mass Law stuff. Maybe at that point you'll have "quite a bit of knowledge". At least you'll gain a foot-hold on all the complexities of Mass law.

You could have been a shooter for years, and still need to study the laws more. They seem to be in constant flux.

Welcome to our happy home. [wink]

Maybe at that point you'll have "quite a bit of knowledge". At least you'll gain a foot-hold on all the complexities of Mass law. [wink]

And just when you think you know everything you need to know....BAM there's something you read that you didn't know before. I have learned a lot from this site and other sources and I still consider myself a member of the noobz.

thanks guys i appreciate your help
HTML:
and a reflex scope with a laser on it OK, but I don't know why you would want to

as a child growing up in brockton these things were never promised to me so i wanna make the most of it[thinking], and its also my fun gun im plannin on buying a saiga 12 next[smile] but when the sun comes out i plan on getting a nice over and under[wink]

thanks guys i appreciate your help
HTML:
and a reflex scope with a laser on it OK, but I don't know why you would want to

as a child growing up in brockton these things were never promised to me so i wanna make the most of it[thinking], and its also my fun gun im plannin on buying a saiga 12 next[smile] but when the sun comes out i plan on getting a nice over and under[wink]

Well, if you want it, that's good enough for me. [grin] Enjoy it then. And be careful with the laws here in the PRM. Come back often and read lots. Don't assume you know a lot. It is a bad assumption to make in this state. The laws here don't make much sense.

Welcome, I came here knowing next to nothing...have learned a hell of a lot...and still consider myself to know next to nothing. lol Except for the fact that there are a lot of VERY knowledgeable and friendly people here. [wink]

and i agree with you guys on gaining more knowledge you can never know too much... you guys are quick when it comes to replying back aswell maybe someday ill have enough knowledge to pass it on down the line to people who will have similiar situations

One thing that is always a good thing...Get others involved in shooting and supporting our rights.[wink]

And just when you think you know everything you need to know....BAM there's something you read that you didn't know before. I have learned a lot from this site and other sources and I still consider myself a member of the noobz.

No kidding. This has happened to me more than a few times with Mass. laws.

Back
Top Bottom