You look outside and see kids messing with your car...

One year of vigilance committees replacing police forces would straighten a lot of society's problems out.
Law dogs used to handle a lot of this back in the day, with a wink and a nod to the victim and a stick or a sap to the shitbag, who most of the time they would recognize as repeat offenders and ex-cons, because they understood that the victim had no legal protections to kick this guys ass. The perp would then be seen the following day in court bruised and bandaged, or depending on the severity of his crime, from a hospital bed for arraignment.

They knew it was more than likely the only justice that the victims would ever receive, and they (the victims) were thankful for it. Modern people decided they didn’t want that to happen anymore and left it to the crooked courts and Soros prosecutors, and here we are.

No justice, no accountability, no pain penalties and now no jail time either, to the point that some folks actually want vigilante squads.

Somewhere in bizarro world USA yesterday I saw a story that (maybe it was Cali) they’re trying to pass a bill to take away a felony murder charge if the perp is under 25yrs old. Ya. We’re going backwards quickly because we got complacent and weak.

Law dogs used to handle a lot of this back in the day, with a wink and a nod to the victim and a stick or a sap to the shitbag, who most of the time they would recognize as repeat offenders and ex-cons, because they understood that the victim had no legal protections to kick this guys ass. The perp would then be seen the following day in court bruised and bandaged, or depending on the severity of his crime, from a hospital bed for arraignment.

They knew it was more than likely the only justice that the victims would ever receive, and they (the victims) were thankful for it. Modern people decided they didn’t want that to happen anymore and left it to the crooked courts and Soros prosecutors, and here we are.

No justice, no accountability, no pain penalties and now no jail time either, to the point that some folks actually want vigilante squads.

Somewhere in bizarro world USA yesterday I saw a story that (maybe it was Cali) they’re trying to pass a bill to take away a felony murder charge if the perp is under 25yrs old. Ya. We’re going backwards quickly because we got complacent and weak.
A fellow I know told me about an incident many years ago. His dad learned that a man in town had abused his underage relative. His dad went to the man's house, called him outside, and proceeded to start beating the crap out of him. The perp's wife called the cops. When the officer arrived and learned what had led to the situation, he said to my friend's dad: "just don't kill him". The beating continued. The perp moved out of town within days.

This sort of thing wouldn't happen today. Is that good or bad? I don't know.

Good thing the homeowner was black too otherwise the “alleged” thief would be filing a civil rights suit that the local DA would prosecute.
In MA wouldn't that be "brandishing" if the porch pirate presses charges? You're not allowed to defend your own property with deadly force.

Way back in the day, 1981, I had to do a service call at Jeremiah Burke HS in Jamaica Plain. I came out after the service call to find a young punk trying to break into my car with a screwdriver. I grabbed the kid and he tried to stab me with the screwdriver. We tussled some and I got him by the back of his neck and dragged him into the HS. They called the police. Police came and first thing they said to me was I should've walked away when I saw the punk breaking into my car. So even 40 years ago they were preaching the message don't do anything and call us.

Yeah. That's the whole Johnson "Better for Me Deal" bullspit. How many times in teh last 50 years have I swapped from some cop show where they're blasting someone to a western where the BG is taken out by the homesteader who has refused to bend to. . . . the home improvement or morning bullspit show that tells you that you should never ever ever protect yourself. Just run away. Pee yourself as well - it seems to help ward off. . . well, everyone.

I thought it was stupid even when I bought into the "guns'r'bad,umkay?" mantra in the late 80's.

I believe they do that to reduce the prison populations. Very expensive to house criminals of late, with the TVs and cable and the internet. Also is a form of population control, thought they won't see or understand that for a few more years.

Absolutely not. Yes the kid should be held accountable but kill him?? I have one time, and have friends that have experienced this as well. A new customer gives me their address and leaves the door unlocked since it's their vacation home. I go to do the work and walk right into the wrong home because customer mixes up their cape house address. Should I be shot dead??

Absolutely not. Yes the kid should be held accountable but kill him?? I have one time, and have friends that have experienced this as well. A new customer gives me their address and leaves the door unlocked since it's their vacation home. I go to do the work and walk right into the wrong home because customer mixes up their cape house address. Should I be shot dead??
are we talking about showing up to the wrong house with your work gear and getting shot? no, we're talking about car thieves.

are we talking about showing up to the wrong house with your work gear and getting shot? no, we're talking about car thieves.
Same concept. Lockout, on site windshield repair, etc. Stranger things have happened. There could be a completely innocent mistake. Likely? Probably not. But if your decision is to start out blasting with a gun then you just murdered someone.

Same concept. Lockout, on site windshield repair, etc. Stranger things have happened. There could be a completely innocent mistake. Likely? Probably not. But if your decision is to start out blasting with a gun then you just murdered someone.
did we read the same thread? if someone is obviously trying to pop open your door, smashing a window, or trying to get into your car, it's not the same as a "oopsie doopsie, me and my giant van that has WINDSHIELD REPAIR written on the side must be purveying services to the wrong automobile!"

Walking into an unlocked building is in no way equivalent to a B&E.

Not a great analogy between that and someone who is obviously trying to steal a car, and in a just world should potentially face deadly force for it.

Walking into an unlocked building is in no way equivalent to a B&E.

Not a great analogy between that and someone who is obviously trying to steal a car, and in a just world should potentially face deadly force for it.
wait, how do you know the guy that broke a window and is loading your TV into his truck didn't just show up to doctor school at the wrong house

Again, I can't believe what I'm reading here.

If I catch some dirtbag breaking into my truck, car, barn, shed, or whatever, you can guaran-goddamn-tee he is getting confronted by me. He's getting a shotgun stuck in his face. Pretty good chance he's getting butt-stroked by that same shotgun. This is after I dialed 911 and left the phone on. I don't want to kill anybody just for stealing my stuff, but he shows a weapon and all bets are off.

I can't contemplate living someplace where a grown man thinks its better to just let the dirtbag steal his stuff.

Only at night.

That qualifier is not absolute and only directly affects a pure protection of property claim. (eg, chasing some guy down the sidewalk in your neighborhood for stealing your toaster, in that case, it better be dark) By the time the dirtbags were shot in Horns case, they had actually come onto his property.... that makes it tougher for the state to be a douche on him.

Back
Top Bottom