• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

XDs recall -- .45 ACP and 9x19

On a side note, got my Shield's slide back from HDXS2000. TruGlo TFOs installed. 1 week turnaround including shipping both ways. [grin]

I didn't shoot my Glocks all that well, so I sold the ones I did have.

One was a brand new Glock 21 gen4, and it kept throwing brass in my face, and the other was a G17 Gen 4, that I just didn't shoot well. So I got rid of them both. I am not a fan of Glock at all.

I've found that I shoot Glocks much better after I do a $.25 trigger job and replacing the sights. The factory sights just suck.

I feel like there's nothing wrong with the XDS, personally, for my own self defense since I know what the problem is.

Quite frankly I don't even know how people can rack the slide with out a proper grip that doesn't depress the grip safety.

Either way after they fix it and I put another few hundred rounds, it'll get used as a carry gun again.

I've found that I shoot Glocks much better after I do a $.25 trigger job and replacing the sights. The factory sights just suck.

If I never get my XDs back, I might try another Glock. Who knows. Thanks.

I feel like there's nothing wrong with the XDS, personally, for my own self defense since I know what the problem is.

Quite frankly I don't even know how people can rack the slide with out a proper grip that doesn't depress the grip safety.

Either way after they fix it and I put another few hundred rounds, it'll get used as a carry gun again.

Yes, after I get it back, I plan on shooting a few hundred rounds through mine, and testing the crap out of it. After that, I will carry it again as well.

Feel free to read what I posted about the problem that DOES EXIST and can simulated therefore duplicated and reasonably understood.

I too once thought the problem could not be a concern of mine but it has nothing to do with poor grip. I believe the excessive recoil of this small pistol causes the web of the hand to release the grip safety momentarily at some point during the slides forward cycle. This is when the free floating firing pin condition occurs and you run the risk of slam fire. I was able to make this condition appear multiple times and as I posted before I noticed the firing pin sticking WAY out of the breech face when I racked the slide. That is not a normal condition.

I suspect anyone still holding an XDs can also make this condition occur. Watch the video I linked in an earlier post.

The unofficial fix is obviously to just tape the grip safety down so it is always engaged. An extended grip safety might help with the momentary disengagement but the underlying problem is still there...

Feel free to read what I posted about the problem that DOES EXIST and can simulated therefore duplicated and reasonably understood.

I too once thought the problem could not be a concern of mine but it has nothing to do with poor grip. I believe the excessive recoil of this small pistol causes the web of the hand to release the grip safety momentarily at some point during the slides forward cycle. This is when the free floating firing pin condition occurs and you run the risk of slam fire. I was able to make this condition appear multiple times and as I posted before I noticed the firing pin sticking WAY out of the breech face when I racked the slide. That is not a normal condition.

I suspect anyone still holding an XDs can also make this condition occur. Watch the video I linked in an earlier post.

The unofficial fix is obviously to just tape the grip safety down so it is always engaged. An extended grip safety might help with the momentary disengagement but the underlying problem is still there...

That's why I am still glad I sent mine in. I know all the MA sheep are still holding onto theirs, because they are afraid they'll never get it back. Or because they think it's a non issue. To me, that's retarded.

It may take a few months, and very aggravating, but I am still glad I sent it in.

All MA sheep? Did you grow balls now that you moved out of MA?

That's why I am still glad I sent mine in. I know all the MA sheep are still holding onto theirs, because they are afraid they'll never get it back. Or because they think it's a non issue. To me, that's retarded.

It may take a few months, and very aggravating, but I am still glad I sent it in.

All MA sheep? Did you grow balls now that you moved out of MA?

Yes I did. And they are huge. [laugh]

Even if I lived in MA, and owned a non compliant handgun, I still would have sent it in. Someone will end up getting shot, and try suing SA, and SA will say, "did you ever send you gun in for the recall? We told you not to touch your gun until it was fixed."

They'll say, "no I didn't send it in, because it's not compliant, and then I shot my face off."

Yes I did. And they are huge. [laugh]

Even if I lived in MA, and owned a non compliant handgun, I still would have sent it in. Someone will end up getting shot, and try suing SA, and SA will say, "did you ever send you gun in for the recall? We told you not to touch your gun until it was fixed."

They'll say, "no I didn't send it in, because it's not compliant, and then I shot my face off."

LOL.

Well, today is the day that they are suppose to come out with their latest update. They promised by 10/4/13 they would have more answers.

We will post our next update no later than Friday, October 4, and we will communicate immediately if a final solution is identified prior to that date. We wish that we could provide you with a specific return date at this time, but we are unfortunately unable to do so. Upgrades will be completed on a "first come / first served" basis.

I called SA, and no update as of yet. They said there will be an update by this afternoon on their website.

She also said, until they find a fix, there will be a weekly Friday update with what's going on. [rolleyes]

They did have a fix a few weeks ago, but they decided it wasn't up to their standards, and that's why they started over from scratch.

So, who knows.

I don't think it was the gen version, I just didn't like them very much. Didn't see what they hype was all about.

In about 5-10 years from now, it will dawn on you. It's not so much the hype its the lack thereof.

-Mike

Any one looking to sell there xds45 hit me up :) .
For a non retard price let me know ... Almost would take a 9mm then I realize I'm a man.

This sheep wants one baaaaaaaa......

Ben, go peddle your ads in another thread. No one is selling you their XDs. And, real man? Please don't go their on how you're a real man because you want the 45XDs. Please don't.

You'se guys with XDs should maybe try to pick up a S&W Shield to hold you'se over, huh? [smile]

Held one and hated the ergonomics.
Thought about modding for more of a undercut trigger but there's barely any material there.

Didn't even shoot it. Just sold it the next day.

In about 5-10 years from now, it will dawn on you. It's not so much the hype its the lack thereof.

-Mike

Well said. I want the G26 just because I want to complete my 9mm Glock family.

And no I'm not boycotting anyone nor am I afraid my XDs will go start killing babies. I see what they mean about the firing pin etc, but I'm still waiting on what they'll come up with. Pretty insane how they still have yet to find the root cause...

Waaaaaaah.

I want it back now . . .

Or at least Fusion Firearms could give me my 1911 CCO in .357 sig that was promised 1.5 months ago . . .

The new update, is no update at all. [puke]

10/4/13 update:
As we noted in last Friday's update, our testing of potential upgrade solutions has continued and we are pleased to tell you that we have made significant progress over the last seven days. We have now identified what we believe is our final upgrade solution and throughout this coming week we will be continuing with our thorough and exhaustive testing of that solution. It's because of our commitment to your safety that we are conducting such extensive testing and we are working as fast as we can so that we can return your upgraded pistol to you.

We understand that our voluntary safety recall has made it inconvenient for you to be without your pistol, and we sincerely apologize for that. We expect to have more definitive information to share with you by Friday, October 11.

As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.

Last edited:
Is this the new hold music on Springfield's customer service line? [rofl]

Talk about handling something poorly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom