• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

XDs recall -- .45 ACP and 9x19

Just got off the phone with Spingfield. My gun was received on the 5th. She said they received the bulk of the recalls on the 5th...I'm still ATLEAST 2 weeks out i'm being told.

I'm sure that once all this recall business blows over, aftermarket companies will work on kits to improve the heavier trigger pull anyway.

It's a carry gun, nobody will care if it snaps under 7 pounds and the reset isn't garbage. I doubt the XD trigger is anywhere near as shitty as say, a stock M&P trigger is. Even the free state M&P triggers are kind iffy.

-Mike

Finally got around to shooting mine. Had about 8 light strikes on some reloads that then fired fine in my 1911.
Never happened before I sent it in. Trigger pull is a little heavier too.
Anyone else having problems?

Finally got around to shooting mine. Had about 8 light strikes on some reloads that then fired fine in my 1911.
Never happened before I sent it in. Trigger pull is a little heavier too.
Anyone else having problems?

9 or 45? My 9 has been flawless. My 45 is now gone due to too many light strikes. They were insisting nothing was wrong with it (went back to them twice because of it). If you look closely, you will see the 45 not going in to full battery, the slide will actually hang back about 1/16th of an inch. You can see exactly when the light strike is going to happen. Running it very wet cured a lot of my issues, certainly not that way you want to carry a CCW tho.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom