XDs recall -- .45 ACP and 9x19

RECALL ON XD-S 9mm and 45ACP

Springfield has determined that under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once. The chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur.

What pistols are involved?
This Safety Recall applies only to:
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300.

I'll have to figure out what to do. Do they need the gun sent in for repair if it's affected or something? I can't find any info.

Do you ever have failures to fire with yours? Every 25 or so rounds...click. Pisses me off.

Edit: spelling

I just traded for mine recently when I moved to NH, and have only shot 300 rounds through it. No issues at all though. Fires every single time. I have the 9mm version. It is brand new.

Yikes it could fire when chambering a round, a grip safety issue!

Time to unload it and call SA.

You'd be holding the grip saftey in wouldn't you? Do they have a trigger saftey like a glock?

Why send it in , you got a weapon that does burst fire lol. Jk batf NSA CIA etc etc.

Note to self don't buy any guns from any company's that not Tom owns... He buys them the qc goes to shit lol.

Yikes it could fire when chambering a round, a grip safety issue!

Time to unload it and call SA.

Yeah, that's what I am thinking. Not good.

- - - Updated - - -

Info posted at www (dot) springfieldrecall (dot) com

ATTENTION

3.3 XD-S™ SAFETY RECALL

Issued August 28, 2013
Technical Background Get Started Contact Us Springfield-Armory.com
Springfield Armory® is initiating this voluntary safety recall to upgrade 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols with new components, which eliminate the possibility of a potentially dangerous condition. We want to emphasize that no injuries have been reported to date.

Springfield has determined that under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once. The chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur.

What should you do?
STOP USING YOUR 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm or .45ACP PISTOL AND CAREFULLY UNLOAD IT!

To begin the upgrade process and for fastest response, click on the Get Started link at the top of the page. On that page enter your serial number and click Next. If your pistol is subject to this recall, you will need to provide your name, address, phone number, and email address. The serial number is located on the frame beneath the dust cover (accessory rail). If you prefer, you may initiate the upgrade process by calling 800-680-6866. If you no longer own the 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm or .45ACP pistol, please advise Springfield of the current owner.

XD-S Serial Number

What pistols are involved?
This Safety Recall applies only to:
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300.

This Safety Recall does not apply to any XD® or XD(M)® pistols.

What will Springfield do?
Springfield will send you a return authorization and mailing label, allowing you to return your 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm or .45ACP pistol to Springfield at no cost to you. Springfield will upgrade your 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm or .45ACP pistol with the new components, and return it to you. Springfield will provide tracking numbers so you can monitor the receipt and return of your upgrades.

Questions?
Visit Springfield Armory. com for further information about this safety recall. You can reach the Springfield Armory Call Center at 800-680-6866. Springfield apologizes for this inconvenience, but your safety is our paramount concern.

We greatly appreciate your loyalty to Springfield products.

Grrrreat.

All posts on XDtalk have been good, no issues except a "about time".

Sucks, I really love it. I'm not throwing SA under the bus until we find out if it's a bad batch or QC related.

I'm thinking QC rushing to get them out quicker to reach demand. If the XD/XDm aren't affected (and they use the same grip safety as XDm I believe), then it's likely...

Well, with all of those guns effected, this could take weeks to get my damn gun back.

I finally get a carry weapon, and I already have to send it in for repair. [laugh]

23426d1377725887-safety-recall-issued-august-28-2013-springfield.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be waiting to send mine in anyway, I'm all set with someone else holding mine for like a year just to tell me it wasn't actually affected.

I was able to get through to the site and entered my serial number for my .45. The number is XS5750XX. The site told me that my pistol is NOT on the recall list. This means you can't go by the range of serial numbers alone. You must check with the site.

I was able to check my 9mm and serial number XS9033XX and it also is NOT on the recall list.

when I entered s/n XS507xxx it says mine is not part of the recall, I'm confused

Looks like not all guns in those ranges are affected. Need to check the website when it gets working again.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-s-d...-safety-recall-issued-august-28-2013-a-2.html

- - - Updated - - -

Just got off the phone with Springfield. This is apparently as a result of the story related on this site of multiple rounds fired for no apparent reason. Grip safety issue. Only the one case but Springfield is taking no chances. I'm now at at 1,968 rounds thru my XDs9 and no failures of any kind. Springfield is a standup company and I'm gladly sending it back to get this squared away ASAP.

From XD forum.

Hey everyone, those of you that are entering your Serial # and coming back with a "Not part of the recall result" there seems to be an issue with that part of the site as well.

After speaking with Springfield they said there's something wrong with their site and they are getting fixed but my gun IS part of the recall even though the website said it wasn't. So if your gun falls between those serial numbers and you want to send it for work, then I would recommend calling and waiting on hold for 10 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that the site was faulty and saying it wasn't in the range...

coincidence?

Read my last post. People are being told to call, because their site is giving bad info to people.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm calling first thing tomorrow morning.

- - - Updated - - -

I just called, and they have an extension for XDs recall owners.

It's closed obviously. SO I will call first thing in the morning, and report back as soon as I hear something.

Back
Top Bottom