XDs recall -- .45 ACP and 9x19

anyone know what they will do? Will it have to go to an FFL or can they ship it directly?

We all know Glock won't.

If they just replace parts in the gun, I am sure they will ship it right back to you. If you need a whole new gun though, then it requires an FFL, because you have a new serial #. So, not sure what would happen then. [thinking]

This is a bit of a big ****ing problem.

Argh.

ETA: Springfield better not have an issue with aftermarket upgrades. Also, not interested in waiting months.

Argh.

ETA: Springfield better not have an issue with aftermarket upgrades. Also, not interested in waiting months.

Me neither. When I call tomorrow morning, I will post back here with what they tell me.

If my brand new gun is going to take 6 months to come back, screw it. They can keep the damn thing and give me a refund.

Me neither. When I call tomorrow morning, I will post back here with what they tell me.

If my brand new gun is going to take 6 months to come back, screw it. They can keep the damn thing and give me a refund.

I absolutely HATE to agree... because I love the gun. But agreed.

Argh.

Never ship a gun with parts swapped. Always better to do it original. Could VOID the warrantee. But yeah this is a recall so it shouldn't matter. YMMV

I absolutely HATE to agree... because I love the gun. But agreed.

Same.

[laugh]

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I hope they ship to MA...

Or else someone 'gon get mushroom slapped down at the State House.

That would be my biggest fear if I were you since you live in MA! What the hell happens if they won't ship to MA since so many companies won't deal with us, AND their products aren't "approved" here?

Never ship a gun with parts swapped. Always better to do it original. Could VOID the warrantee. But yeah this is a recall so it shouldn't matter. YMMV

Same.

There's a huge market in Springfield upgrades.

If it turns out I have to ship it back, it's going out as-is. They'll have to explain shit to the community if they have an issue.

Argh again!

I have an IWB holster from Comp-Tac for this gun coming this week. What a bummer.

Oh well. All companies have issues, like I have been saying for weeks in that Ruger thread I started.

My gun may or may not be effected according to the XD forum. I am going to try and find out an ETA though. This sucks.

Oh well. All companies have issues, like I have been saying for weeks in that Ruger thread I started.

My gun may or may not be effected according to the XD forum. I am going to try and find out an ETA though. This sucks.

I agree, but this gun serves basically a single purpose. Life saving.

I agree, but this gun serves basically a single purpose. Life saving.

Yeah. I literally traded for mine when I moved to NH, so I would have a really nice carry piece. I was never able to carry legally in MA with my restricted LTC. So, I am finally able to carry whenever & where ever, and my damn gun is broken. [thinking] [laugh]

his bald what?

Sicko.

Yeah hopefully it's just a part that needs to be swapped. And even more so, hopefully not because one isolated incident where it could have been an operator error.

Yes, I read on XD that as of right now, it was only 1 isolated incident, but SA isn't taking any chances.

You know guys, you could have just saved yourselves a bunch of hassle and bought a Glock [rofl]

I hate you. [laugh]

I really had a choice between a gen 4 Glock, or the XDs.

I didn't want brass thrown back into my face, so I went with the XDs.

Yes, I read on XD that as of right now, it was only 1 isolated incident, but SA isn't taking any chances.

I hate you. [laugh]

I really had a choice between a gen 4 Glock, or the XDs.

I didn't want brass thrown back into my face, so I went with the XDs.

Glock does not make a pistol that compares in size to the XD-S.

Mine is the 9mm version. I don't really like Glock anyway, so I really really hope SA makes right on this. Quick.

I edited out the caliber. Doesn't matter. I picked up my XD-S before the 9mm version was out.

Closest in size is, what, the G36? Ehh.

I'd be happy if they shipped out an easy-to-replace part.

Today when I got to the range the trigger assembly was again hung up. I field stripped the gun and worked the trigger assembly and reassembled the slide. I reinserted a full magazine of 7 rounds. When I released the slide the gun went full auto and unloaded all 7 rounds.

I had the gun pointed downrange but was not prepared for the recoil. One of the rounds hit the metal border on the shooting bench in front of me. Shrapnel from that round tore through my range bag creating many holes, shooting through an electronic pair of ear muffs, and marring the finish on my XDM-9 slide. The first rounds shot horizontally just across the top of the shooting bench as shown by the damage to the pile of targets that were laying there on the bench.

WTF? He's lucky he didn't get killed. Or someone else standing near him.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xtf7ig2dersu0ll/Tu3e9rynNX

Its pretty bad that in Massachusetts the Executive Office of Public Safety could very likely be the thing that stops people from getting a safety upgrade on their XDs.

Back
Top Bottom