• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

XDs recall -- .45 ACP and 9x19

That's what I was thinking.

Just send the damn thing in and let SA replace it. You'll have it back to your door in 2-3 weeks.

They will send it back to you. It's not like you need a whole new firearm.

I have to send just the frame or entire gun?

The hassle of shipping and receiving out of state just because MA sucks dick isn't worth it. So what SA said was "We had one bad handgun, please return all so we can swap 2 parts. Thanks"

Just send the damn thing in and let SA replace it. You'll have it back to your door in 2-3 weeks.

You asked about MA?

A lot of people have done the PRP upgrades to their XD-S. Are we going to be expected to remove those parts? It's not fun. I'm going to be out at least $60 based on the fact that they're going to replace my grip safety.

I guess it's great that they're willing to promptly perform this "upgrade" for me. Honestly, I probably won't ever carry the gun again.

I am assuming that because you aren't receiving a whole new firearm, with a whole new serial #, that you will get it back with no issues.

Al, they want just the gun. No accessories, nothing.

I just wrapped mine in bubble wrap and threw it in a box.

To the people who do 'upgrades' to their pistols, I obviously can't comment on that. I don't do that stuff to any of my guns, I mostly leave them stock.

It may have only effected 1 person, but they obviously thought it was a serious enough issue, where they are willing to replace hundreds of thousands of parts. I'll get the gun back, and continue carrying it like I have been for the last month.

I'll make sure and throw a few hundred rounds through it as soon as I get it back too.

I am assuming that because you aren't receiving a whole new firearm, with a whole new serial #, that you will get it back with no issues.

Al, they want just the gun. No accessories, nothing.

I just wrapped mine in bubble wrap and threw it in a box.

To the people who do 'upgrades' to their pistols, I obviously can't comment on that. I don't do that stuff to any of my guns, I mostly leave them stock.

It may have only effected 1 person, but they obviously thought it was a serious enough issue, where they are willing to replace hundreds of thousands of parts. I'll get the gun back, and continue carrying it like I have been for the last month.

I'll make sure and throw a few hundred rounds through it as soon as I get it back too.

My only point is that there's a major market in trigger upgrades to Springfields. Same deal with M&Ps. This just puts us 'upgraders' in a weird spot.

Shrug.

BTW: I threw a few hundred rounds through my XD-S with no issues. Apparently, that's completely irrelevant given the current circumstances. [wink]

Yup. The $60 dropped on an extended grip safety. I wouldn't pitching a baby fit otherwise. [wink]

Ahhh. So, maybe call SA and see if you even need to send it in then?

Or, maybe 'upgrade' your disconnector as well. Then you will have upgraded the parts they we're going to do anyways. I honestly don't know.

I sent mine in. I was a little aggravated at first, but now that I know they want them turned around in 2-3 weeks, I don't care. Shit happens.

Rugers rust, Glock throws brass in your face, S&W triggers suck ass, and now SA needs new internals. [laugh]

Ahhh. So, maybe call SA and see if you even need to send it in then?

Or, maybe 'upgrade' your disconnector as well. Then you will have upgraded the parts they we're going to do anyways. I honestly don't know.

I sent mine in. I was a little aggravated at first, but now that I know they want them turned around in 2-3 weeks, I don't care. Shit happens.

Rugers rust, Glock throws brass in your face, S&W triggers suck ass, and now SA needs new internals. [laugh]

My Ruger, Glock, and S&W pistols aren't going to potentially put a round through my wall and into who-knows-what when I load a round into the chamber!

Unintended discharge is a big ass problem dude.

Are you really going to trust the gun after you get it back?

Are you really going to trust the gun after you get it back?

Yes I will. I will test it with as much 9mm as I can afford, and continue carrying it like I have been. There is no reason not to.

Plenty of manufacturers have had their problems. I am not that worried about it. They know what they are doing, and I am sure they can figure it out.

Realistically how many guns are really effected? I am guessing not all 500,000 they are willing to fix.

Yes I will. I will test it with as much 9mm as I can afford, and continue carrying it like I have been. There is no reason not to.

Plenty of manufacturers have had their problems. I am not that worried about it. They know what they are doing, and I am sure they can figure it out.

Realistically how many guns are really effected? I am guessing not all 500,000 they are willing to fix.

I'd bet just that one and that's if it wasn't operator error or wcsgs.

There is no reason for anyone to not send it in. Being in MA isn't going to stop Springfield from sending it back to you. You're not getting a whole new gun. You're getting your same gun back.

Back
Top Bottom