• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

XDs recall -- .45 ACP and 9x19

What's the story with MA, how do we get our xd's back? Can't get anyone on the phone

Have a non-MA FFL (eg, NH, VT, ME) facilitate the repair for you. If there's no frame replacement involved the gun can be handed right back to you from the FFL when it comes back. If Springfield is dicks about you being in MA, then this wallhacks both problems at once.

-Mike

Maybe I'm missing something, but if we don't do the recall our guns will have a surprise FA/burst feature?

Last edited:
Just reading back through this now. I guess firing while chambering a round is pretty undesirable as "features" go. [laugh]

They are now saying 30 days, just so everyone knows. I was told 2-3 weeks last week, so it hasn't gone up by much. It still increased though. By the end, I am guessing it will be about 2 months before I get my damn gun back. Exactly what I was afraid of. Oh well. [thinking]

I'm a MA resident with an XDs .45. I may just ignore the recall and take my chances. Only time I load or unload is at the range or immediately after for cleaning.

I have a couple hundred rounds through it with zero issues.

Take your chances?? Ummm, ok. Have my gun discharge when I don't want it to? Yeah, that's worth it.

What is it with MA folks not wanting to send their guns in. You're getting THE SAME GUN BACK. They will send it back to you. With hundreds of thousands of guns going in, do you think they give a shit that a MA resident owns an off list gun??

Take your chances?? Ummm, ok. Have my gun discharge when I don't want it to? Yeah, that's worth it.

What is it with MA folks not wanting to send their guns in. You're getting THE SAME GUN BACK. They will send it back to you. With hundreds of thousands of guns going in, do you think they give a shit that a MA resident owns an off list gun??

You escaped, so it's not a question for non prisoners of this fine commonwealth. many places won't ship items which are perfectly legal/approved/blessed by satan's bride into this state, so it's understandable that some people have concerns about an item which isn't on "the list"

You escaped, so it's not a question for non prisoners of this fine commonwealth. many places won't ship items which are perfectly legal/approved/blessed by satan's bride into this state, so it's understandable that some people have concerns about an item which isn't on "the list"

If they were replacing the gun, and it needed a FFL, I would understand that.

They are replacing some parts, and sending your gun right back.

Seems pretty easy to me. It amazes me every day how people make the simplest things so complicated.

But it's not a transfer, is it? This logic would mean that you couldn't take an off-list gun to a gunsmith to get work done on it.

But it's not a transfer, is it? This logic would mean that you couldn't take an off-list gun to a gunsmith to get work done on it.

Exactly.

I was more asking a question if people were sending them in. If they don't send it in, and they have a serious failure with it and kill themselves or someone else, I could care less.

Exactly.

I was more asking a question if people were sending them in. If they don't send it in, and they have a serious failure with it and kill themselves or someone else, I could care less.

And Springfield wouldn't exactly overlook an issue like this and accidentally end up holding a whole bunch of guns that it couldn't get back to their owners, pissing off tons of people in the process.

And Springfield wouldn't exactly overlook an issue like this and accidentally end up holding a whole bunch of guns that it couldn't get back to their owners, pissing off tons of people in the process.

It's all tinfoil hat shit. Give ma a break.

Oh no, they might not send my precious XDs back to me, so instead I'll keep a gun that could have a serious failure. Yeah, makes sense.

I'm still waiting to see how your experience goes before sending them my 9mm. It has nothing to do with transfer concerns though. [smile]

I'm not saying mine didn't go back, but I do understand why people may be hesitant. Heck most companies won't even ship ammo into this state... many companies won't ship any parts to this state.

Is there any reason to not be comfortable with the placement/location of the new roll pin?

Upgrades_2.jpg

Based on this picture it looks like it could conceivably snag on the frame at some point, but who knows.

It's all tinfoil hat shit. Give ma a break.

Oh no, they might not send my precious XDs back to me, so instead I'll keep a gun that could have a serious failure. Yeah, makes sense.

I still carry it. But once sweatshirt weather comes it's back to the G19.

Whenever the shit settles down I'll replace the 2 parts. I broke down the XDs to polish the trigger components. Pretty simple. Only thing that was foreign to me was grip safety assembly. But no bullets in my ceiling yet [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom