XDs recall -- .45 ACP and 9x19

Its pretty bad that in Massachusetts the Executive Office of Public Safety could very likely be the thing that stops people from getting a safety upgrade on their XDs.

Yup.

I wonder how all the XDs owners in MA if they don't know about this site, how they will even know about this recall? And then what if SA won't return the gun? WTF? Stupid MA.

Yup.

I wonder how all the XDs owners in MA if they don't know about this site, how they will even know about this recall? And then what if SA won't return the gun? WTF? Stupid MA.

When I has my XDS in 45 it went back to SA 2 times for FTF issues. They had no issue then with it then. Looks like my 9mm is hitting this recall too, XS900XXX here, will be calling in the AM as well. Grrrrrr, just sold my Shield too. Looks like it's back to my G36 for my carry

When I has my XDS in 45 it went back to SA 2 times for FTF issues. They had no issue then with it then. Looks like my 9mm is hitting this recall too, XS900XXX here, will be calling in the AM as well. Grrrrrr, just sold my Shield too. Looks like it's back to my G36 for my carry

Update: Just did the recall online and mine went right thru with no issues. Already had the shipping label emails to me as well.

Update: Just did the recall online and mine went right thru with no issues. Already had the shipping label emails to me as well.

I still get some error when I click the link.

Where did you go?

- - - Updated - - -

Good news kind of.

I think it's every XDs involved but SA won't say it...

It better not be. I won't see my gun again until next year.

Just got through.

Please safely and properly unload your XD-S™ pistol and properly clean it before returning.

Refer to your XD-S™ Manual for proper instructions.

Please do not send us the magazines or accessories that go with your XD-S™ pistol.

Do Not Use a FedEx Drop Box!
FedEx cannot ship firearms left in drop boxes, so your return must be taken to a staffed FedEx location for shipment.
Please go to FedEx: Shipping, Logistics Management and Supply Chain Management to find your local Fedex location.
When we ship your pistol back to you, an adult signature will be needed.

If you need assistance, please call 1-800-680-6866.

We are sorry about the inconvenience; your safety is our utmost concern. We will return your firearm as quickly as possible.

Still getting an error. Must be 300k people trying to use the damn page. I'm just going to call in the morning.

Does it give any other info? Like ETA on repairs, etc?

Try clearing your internet cache, I used IE on it, didn't try chrome or firefox. Didn't give anything for an ETA. The shipping label they sent is 2nd day air so they will have it Friday, . My experience before with them on RMA's was really good, about 1 week turn-around. Who knows now with the amount of these recalls.

Try clearing your internet cache, I used IE on it, didn't try chrome or firefox. Didn't give anything for an ETA. The shipping label they sent is 2nd day air so they will have it Friday, . My experience before with them on RMA's was really good, about 1 week turn-around. Who knows now with the amount of these recalls.

Yup.

I got through, and printed a label, and will mail it 1st thing in the am.

In Worcester, I use to live 2 minutes away from a FedEx facility. Now, I am going to have to find one up here in redneckville. [laugh]

I'm curious what needs to be replaced. Oh well.

I got my label too.

I guess they don't want this shipped back in the original hard case.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, this appears to be an issue with the grip safey. I installed the extended model from PRP. I wonder if my gun is affected...

Either way I don't want them replacing that damn part.

Shit man, this sucks! I was just reading this thread and was gonna pm you about it afterwards just to make sure you'd heard, but I see you have. Hopefully you all get your stuff fixed and back ASAP!

Did yours just randomly not fire as well?

Did yours just randomly not fire as well?

Yes, that was the symptom. It was really failure to go in to full battery, it was enough to cock it but it actually caused light strikes. If you nudged the slide forward just a bit it would fire with no problem. You can see when it is going to happen, the slide stays back about 1/16th of an inch. First time back they blamed it on improper lube (was BS) 2nd time back they said they found nothing wrong but did give me a new magazine to try, they also "suggested" it was me limp wristing it. There was no 3rd time as I sold it the next day as I had no faith in it as a carry after that.

- - - Updated - - -

Shit man, this sucks! I was just reading this thread and was gonna pm you about it afterwards just to make sure you'd heard, but I see you have. Hopefully you all get your stuff fixed and back ASAP!

Thanks man. Already shipped to them. How's the Shield on its recall?

Good for double taps. [rofl]

Its pretty bad that in Massachusetts the Executive Office of Public Safety could very likely be the thing that stops people from getting a safety upgrade on their XDs.

They aren't allowed to be sold in mass because they are obviously unsafe. They got it right this time. [smile]

WOW!! Now I'm glad I bought a S&W Shield. No recall and just a minor trigger safety issue on very few guns. I'd never buy an XD when a nice reliable M&P can do the trick. [wink][smile]

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I finally talked to someone at SA, and they are replacing 2 parts in the gun.

Grip safety & the disconnector.

They are hoping all guns will be repaired in a 2-3 week time frame.

Also, when you get your gun back, on the outside of your grip safety, it is now going to have a small roll pin in it, that will show where the new parts have been replaced.

Only 1 gun was effected, but they are replacing all of them, just to be safe.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I finally talked to someone at SA, and they are replacing 2 parts in the gun.

Grip safety & the disconnector.

They are hoping all guns will be repaired in a 2-3 week time frame.

Also, when you get your gun back, on the outside of your grip safety, it is now going to have a small roll pin in it, that will show where the new parts have been replaced.

Only 1 gun was effected, but they are replacing all of them, just to be safe.

[rofl]

Thanks for the info, I'll replace these myself. I bet you'll get yours back soon but mine wouldn't...

Last edited:
Yeah I am not as worried as I originally thought about the time frame.

I will however let the professionals fix it for free. I don't mind waiting 2-3 weeks so my gun doesn't go full auto and kill someone.

what difference would QC or a "bad batch" make as far as throwing SA under the bus?

Rushing out thousands/hundreds of thousands of one line of product just to meet demand = bad QC. And that's enough to throw them under the bus IMHO.

For instance. Take like Kel-Tec. They take their time and get flamed, ok. But their products can go to hell and back and ask for seconds. If more companies followed this set of MFG pride, there would be more respect for companies. Too bad the number of companies like this is few and far between.

I'm not accusing SA of laziness just to meet demand, just explaining why I posted that yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom