XDs recall -- .45 ACP and 9x19

One thing I don't like is that they blocked the ability to be held at a FedEx location. I would have liked to stop by the depot and pickup. Now I'll need to work from home Wednesday (oh well!). Here's what the "invoice" attached to the email says they did. The invoice also says they replaced serial number XXX with XXX. Doesn't make sense to me unless it's a new frame. I had my XDS45 serviced by them and it didn't say that when I got it back.

Part number RP900Y, Repair Extreme Duty Pistol
Part number XS 900ABC, Replace Ser# XS900ABC w/ XS900ABC
Part number XDS33UPG, XDX 3.3 Upgrade kit (.45/9MM)
Part number XDS09061, 9 RD XDS 9MM Magazine W/Sleeve

PS, I hate you too [smile]

Last edited:
Whoop, whoop! Trigger feels great, I don't think I notice a difference. Reset is still awesome. The extended mag makes it seem like a full size pistol. One thing I'm noticing and not sure if it did it previously is that the grip safety comes out about 1/16th-1/8th of an inch more when it is cocked. Hoping to hit the range in a few hours to throw some rounds thru her.

uncocked.jpg cocked.jpg 20131023_121701.jpg 20131023_121609.jpg

Received my tracking, and my pistol will be here on Friday! Since Friday is my day off, I'll take her to the range, and shoot a couple hundred rounds through her.

No difference in trigger at all to me, nice pull and reset was great. Would be nice to do a side by side comparison between an "unfixed" one and the "upgraded" one. Anyone got an unmolested one near me?

Received my tracking, and my pistol will be here on Friday! Since Friday is my day off, I'll take her to the range, and shoot a couple hundred rounds through her.

I sent mine in after you, how am I getting mine tomorrow?

Springfield, you troll.

I'm really hoping that they fixed my FTFs too.

I sent mine in after you, how am I getting mine tomorrow?

Springfield, you troll.

I'm really hoping that they fixed my FTFs too.

I'm not worried about it. They have so many guns coming and going, mistakes are bound to happen.

I'm just glad to get my gun back.

Pistol received, and I shot 100 rounds of ammo through it with no issues at all.

Trigger feels the same to me. I don't notice a difference with that at all. I am glad to have it back, and will go right back to carrying it again.

I adjusted the kydex on my gay White Hat holster too. Damn thing was way too tight.

Honestly, I only had the pistol for about 1 week before I had to send it out to get upgraded.

I honestly notice no difference at all. Besides now I have a free extended mag, which is pretty cool. [laugh]

I find the trigger on mine to be heavier. Maybe a pound or so, but heavier. Still consistent though. And I don't hear the twangy-creak sound right before it fires anymore.

Plus, it finally worked through 100+ rounds with no issues.

I guess adjusting the extractor really did fix it!

I find the trigger on mine to be heavier. Maybe a pound or so, but heavier. Still consistent though. And I don't hear the twangy-creak sound right before it fires anymore.

Plus, it finally worked through 100+ rounds with no issues.

I guess adjusting the extractor really did fix it!

I didn't notice mine being heavier at all. Not saying it's not, just that I guess I didn't pay attention enough before I sent it in. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom