XDs recall -- .45 ACP and 9x19

Everyone should just buy a Walther PPS, the original XDs. Specs are almost identical and it's been around a lot longer. They shoot awesome too, only problem is they aren't available in .45.

Pps is a good pistol but I dont like grip angle, even with the smaller insert.
The xds is also quite a bit smaller.

UPDATE 10/18/13

Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

We are pleased to announce that the process of upgrading XD-S™ pistols has begun, and we will start shipping TODAY on a first-received/first-upgraded basis.

In our last update, we reported that upgraded pistols would start shipping sometime next week. But our team has been working around the clock and we are thrilled to start shipping today.

We have greatly increased our staff to get upgraded pistols back to customers quickly, and we are committed to achieving the fastest turnaround times possible. For now, we are unable to provide specific return shipping date ranges, but we do expect to share more information next Friday after we've had a full week to gauge how efficiently we will be able to complete this process.

When upgrades are finished on individual firearms, customers will receive a shipping notice and tracking information at the e-mail address they provided for the XD-S™ recall. And as a token of our appreciation for our customers' patience and support, we will also be enclosing an XD-S™ extended magazine with X-tension sleeve with each pistol we return.

As we reported last week, our engineers have redesigned the grip safety and created more positive engagement between the sear and striker on the upgraded XD-S™ pistols. Our solution delivers the advantages of a smoother and more consistent trigger feel with just a slightly increased trigger pull. We chose this option based on the two most important attributes to self-defense firearm owners - safety and reliability - and we are confident that our customers will be extremely pleased with their upgraded pistols.

We want to again express our deep gratitude to all of our valued customers for their loyalty to Springfield Armory®.

Please click the FAQ link in the red bar on top of this page to view our updated FAQ.

This Springfield XD-S™ Recall Update will be updated every Friday through the recall process. Please check back for updates.

As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.

They can't compute how long it will take to upgrade X number of pistols when they know how long it takes to install the "fix" on one and they know how many employees they have?

Basic math.

More bullshit stalling.

They can't compute how long it will take to upgrade X number of pistols when they know how long it takes to install the "fix" on one and they know how many employees they have?

Basic math.

More bullshit stalling.

I think they are just being careful. If they come out and say, "We will be shipping and fixing 10,000 a week until this is solved," but then don't follow through, people will bitch about that.

With some people, you just can't please them I guess. [rolleyes]

Still glad I sent mine in, and I will hopefully be getting it back real soon.

- - - Updated - - -

It'll be interesting to hear the consensus on the new trigger feel.

I only had mine for a few weeks before the recall came out, and only shot 200 rounds through it roughly. So not sure the average person will even notice a difference. Unless it's all of a sudden a 10lb pull, which I highly doubt.

Explain.

???

I installed the PRP grip safety and spring kit in my XDS. I'm no pro and I can tell you that it took about 3 hours to perform the upgrade. It was an almost complete breakdown of the pistol. Now why can't Springfield give us an ETA?

I'm glad I sent mine in. I don't like the fact that they're altering the pistol like this. I don't like the fact that they're running what appears to be a CYA campaign.

How would you feel if your car manufacturer did this?

ETA: Dude I'm not against you here. I would have just preferred honesty.

- - - Updated - - -

Look on the bright side, at least you guys don't own Bodyguard .380s. [smile]

-Mike

Shit, my LCP runs like a champ. [wink]

I understand.

If they can fix each pistol in 3 hours, we are still talking about 600,000 pistols or something ridiculous.

So I think they are just being careful with what they 'promise' as far as ETA's go.

Off of XD Talk:

Originally Posted by snakesandstuff View Post
Update!

My status on the website is now:

Your Recall Status: Your Gun has been Fixed

This is not a troll!

Check your guns!

EDIT: Gun was delivered to their facility on 30-August-2013. It took a good while for it to update to "Received" on their website.

Just checked my status, and mine still says, "Your gun has been received."

Have you considered contacting the Better Business Bureau with your concerns?

I wonder if they'll be rolling out new pistols with the upgraded parts concurrently with the recalled pistols.

Not really my style. Live and learn...

Multiple people on XD Talk are saying the website is showing 'gun is fixed' for many people.

So start checking their website for real time information.

I know a lot of people on here sent in their guns on 8/29/13 the day the recall was announced.

Because of the holiday though, SA didn't receive them until the 3rd or 4th of September.

ETA: just called SA and they said their website was updated, and it will now show when your gun has been fixed.

Last edited:
Haven't received a shipped email but here's my status.... whoop, whoop!

If you need assistance, please call 1-800-680-6866.

Haven't received a shipped email but here's my status.... whoop, whoop!

If you need assistance, please call 1-800-680-6866.

You suck. Mine was sent in same day as you.

When I spoke to SA earlier, they said after the site says, "your gun is fixed", it will be 2-3 days before it actually ships.

So they fixed one gun and are speaking in what seems like SA talk (MichaelJR kin?) And in return, we will get ones with heavier triggers. I loved the XDs, mainly because of the break. Seriously whoever is handling this shit is absolutely genius.

So they fixed one gun and are speaking in what seems like SA talk (MichaelJR kin?) And in return, we will get ones with heavier triggers. I loved the XDs, mainly because of the break. Seriously whoever is handling this shit is absolutely genius.

SA talk?

I highly doubt anyone is going to recognize the 'heavier' pull.

It's not a MA 10lb pull.

Because SA uses doublespeak and updates when there is nothing to update.

I haven't seen that once through this whole thing.

They were being proactive on fixing a potential HUGE problem.

I see nothing wrong with the way they have handled this. Haven't seen double speak once.

Is it a little frustrating? Yes. Am I glad I sent it in, and will I continue carrying it when I get it back? Yup.

How is there nothing to update?? The new update was that they are already shipping back repaired pistols. Originally they weren't suppose to start shipping until next week. So they were informing everyone that they are ahead of schedule. I'm not seeing the problem. [thinking]

They are sending them 2nd day air it appears. Mines expected back Wednesday.

Your items have shipped and a copy of the invoice is attached. Thank you for your business!

Please click on the Tracking # to go to the shipper's web site.
If your email program does not allow clickable links, please copy the link below and paste it into your browser address bar:

Invoice # 123456789 Tracking # 123456789

** Reminder**
FedEx will make 3 attempts to deliver your pistol. On the 3rd attempt, if they cannot deliver, they will leave a notice on your door and will hold your pistol for 2 days at your local FedEx facility for pick up.

Sincerely,

Team Springfield

Phone: (800) 680-6866
Email: [email protected]

I hate you. [laugh]

Mine is still just showing as 'received.'

Mine was received into them on the 4th, 1 day after you. So I am hoping it ships this week. I want it back for my trip.

Back
Top Bottom