• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

XDs recall -- .45 ACP and 9x19

So are they fixing it with new parts or all new guns?
They are trying to come up with a fix, they haven't figured one out yet. We won't see new guns. Hopefully they come up with something. I have no problem with them recalling it since they confirmed that there is a flaw. The deception about having a fix in place, and a 30 day turn around piss's me off. If we can't have these back in a reasonable time frame, I would be content with a different model pistol from them. I'm more concerned about being left hanging with no fix or return date in sight.

What I don't understand is how some guns are affected, and some not?

Why don't they take in 1 of the guns that isn't effected, tear it down, see how it's made, and fix the broken ones to be just like the good ones?? I'm confused.

At this point, I just want an XDm 3.8 compact in 9mm. (13 round & 19 round mags) That would be just fine with me.

http://www.the-m-factor.com/html/specs_1.html

Last edited:
What I don't understand is how some guns are affected, and some not?

Why don't they take in 1 of the guns that isn't effected, tear it down, see how it's made, and fix the broken ones to be just like the good ones?? I'm confused.

At this point, I just want an XDm 3.8 compact in 9mm. (13 round & 19 round mags) That would be just fine with me.

http://www.the-m-factor.com/html/specs_1.html

If some are good some are bad . That leads me to parts not a design problem . Other wise there all bad.

SA can't keep these guns hostage for 6 months without offering something up. Offer a different gun. Offer a refund, offer a store credit. I don't care. If I wait until Christmas for this retarded pistol back, at that point, I don't want it back.

I'll sell or throw away that stupid white hat holster too, that is also a piece of garbage. The gun and white hat both suck royally.

SA can't keep these guns hostage for 6 months without offering something up. Offer a different gun. Offer a refund, offer a store credit. I don't care. If I wait until Christmas for this retarded pistol back, at that point, I don't want it back.

I'm getting to the point where I don't want it back. Considering I always had issues with mine, I'll gladly take a refund for exactly what I paid at Hoffmans for it.

Yeah I don't even know how refunds would work.

I think I read somewhere that that won't even be an option. They are 'fixing' it whether you like it or not. No refunds.

Yeah I don't even know how refunds would work.

I think I read somewhere that that won't even be an option. They are 'fixing' it whether you like it or not. No refunds.

Once it's "fixed" it's getting put up for sale then. I'll probably go with a Kahr 45 or 9 after.

This whole flustercluck is just silly at this point.

Some are not good. All the xds's were recalled. There aren't any that aren't affected.

Oh ok. I wasn't sure if it was all or some.

Either way, they need to fix it now, or let people get refunds or swap out for different pistols.

This is BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Once it's "fixed" it's getting put up for sale then. I'll probably go with a Kahr 45 or 9 after.

This whole flustercluck is just silly at this point.

Yup. I should have bought an XDm 3.8 compact like I wanted to. Something that has been out for a while, and is proven. Instead, I bought this pile of junk.

Oh ok. I wasn't sure if it was all or some.

Either way, they need to fix it now, or let people get refunds or swap out for different pistols.

This is BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. I should have bought an XDm 3.8 compact like I wanted to. Something that has been out for a while, and is proven. Instead, I bought this pile of junk.
I bought a xdm 40 with the 5.25 barrel. Now that I put the prp drop in match trigger in it, I'm very happy with it. A xdm sub compact would go very nicely with it( could use the 16rnd mags in the sub). The trigger kit was necessary, it paled to my PPQ before the prp kit.

Sigh, Good thing I just bought a PM9 the other day and I'm hanging on to my SW1911 Pro 3".

Otherwise I would have to CCW my sub 2000.

I have actually CC'd my sub2k a couple of times (in a backpack of course). It is way easier to CC than any other rifle that I know of other than NFA.[wink] one of the times was actually in downtown Boston, and amazingly it didn't jump out and start shooting people.[laugh]

Last edited:
I have actually CC'd my sub2k a couple of times (in a backpack of course). It is way easier to CC than any other rifle that I know of other than NFA.[wink] one of the times was actually in downtown Boston, and amazingly it didn't jump out and start shooting people.[laugh]

Did you have any high-capacity assault killy clips for it though?

Think of the Children. You monster.

For anyone who is interested in what exactly seems to be going wrong with the XDS mechanically read this:

This is what causes the xds to double fire - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

After reading that thread I will point out an observation regarding micro semi autos:

The snap and force of recoil in miniature pistols is considerable. Without any extra material to absorb all that force it tends to get transferred to the user.
I was shooting an NAA Guardian .32 the other day and my trigger finger was hitting the front of the guard during recoil. And I had a good firm grip and a pinky extension.

Before this recall my XDs issue was with the striker reset. On my last shot the slide would stay open and I would insert a new magazine then drop the slide. Round chambers but the trigger did not reset and stayed in the rearward position like it had just been dry fired. I'd have to manually cycle the slide and eject the first live round for the trigger to reset. Up until the recall I had assumed that it was just the hot momma reloads I had used because they were also causing my 1911 slide release to catch before the magazine was empty...

It seems a little more may go on in the blink of an eye than one may recognize during the recoil cycle and I have cured many a ill just by changing my grip strength and/or position. It is said the XDs is like a Glock but with a grip safety and this is where the problem seems to originate. Obviously SA is going to be very tight lipped about exactly what is going on but to have no fix for the problem to date tells me this is far more than a little chest hair and lint getting into the pistol. And what happened to the pin in the grip safety upgrade? Did they stop that after realizing it wasn't the problem or something?

I hold zero faith in a company to do what is best for me. Those days are long gone. So I don't buy into anything SA tells me because upper management has a hell of a lot more sway than I ever will. I recently had a Ruger engineering rep look at me with his one good eye and tell me there was never any problems with the SP-101 in .327 Federal even though the uneven cylinder bores were thoroughly documented and the gun is now discontinued. Ironically they did a recall too and ended up just giving away vouchers for a different pistol. So you might want to pick up the newest Springfield Armory catalog and start browsing...

ntomsw persuaded me to buy a revolver. And/Or an M&P. Or both. Actually he told me "sh**, buy EVERYTHING you can, man!"

Yeah, he's a wise man, that Not Tom. I didn't need my head set straight on this, but he did anyway. Thanks Not Tom! [rofl]

glad i got rid of mine when i did... cheated on my glock 26/19 with an xds, and a shield. only to find my way back to glock... i realized that for that fraction of a inch width.. i will take a proven glock 26 with 10 rounds of 9. there was no huge difference in day to day carry between the three.

next up .. finding a cool revolver.. or a glock 30s or 30sf... still debating

I didn't shoot my Glocks all that well, so I sold the ones I did have.

One was a brand new Glock 21 gen4, and it kept throwing brass in my face, and the other was a G17 Gen 4, that I just didn't shoot well. So I got rid of them both. I am not a fan of Glock at all.

SA better make right on this soon.

I didn't shoot my Glocks all that well, so I sold the ones I did have.

One was a brand new Glock 21 gen4, and it kept throwing brass in my face, and the other was a G17 Gen 4, that I just didn't shoot well. So I got rid of them both. I am not a fan of Glock at all.

SA better make right on this soon.

No. Your regret is selling the XDm!

Back
Top Bottom