• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

XDs recall -- .45 ACP and 9x19

This can be cured by moving to freedom. Then you don't have to worry if Martha will intercept your gun in shipment.[laugh]

Last edited:
There better not be any whining on here from MA residents who didn't send their guns in, when you have serious failures and shoot your face off. I'll bump this thread in a heartbeat if that happens.

There better not be any whining on here from MA residents who didn't send their guns in, when you have serious failures and shoot your face off. I'll bump this thread in a heartbeat if that happens.

I have no skin in this game(no Xds ) but even if I were a free state resident j wouldn't be sending mine in, at least now during the height of the panic. It certainly seems like an isolated incident and they figure its cheaper to fix than pay a potential lawsuit and get that black eye. Myself I would t worry about my gun going all self automated killy....ill leave those fears to feinstein and company.

I have no skin in this game(no Xds ) but even if I were a free state resident j wouldn't be sending mine in, at least now during the height of the panic. It certainly seems like an isolated incident and they figure its cheaper to fix than pay a potential lawsuit and get that black eye. Myself I would t worry about my gun going all self automated killy....ill leave those fears to feinstein and company.

No shit. It's not me being stubborn. I just know it's bullshit and I don't need some Croatian replacing 2 damn parts I can easily replace once everyone stops being dumbasses and sending in thousands of guns daily.

That was isolated. Hundreds of thousands of guns are fine. Through thousands of rounds. But I'm going to kill someone. Seems legit.

And saying that you can't wait to bump the thread if I kill someone? Wtf? I'll keep it and carry it and swap parts once they're available. I don't unload and load my rounds anyway, just a brass check. If I EVER had to use it before then, what's the worst that could happen? A double tap? This whole cluster**** is just SA being overly cautious and covering their asses. Have you been reading XDtalk? I think you're the only one getting all bent out of shape about it.

I am not getting all bent out of shape about anything. I just sent mine in to get it fixed. Seems simple to me. I don't like to make things difficult though. SA asks me to send my gun in, I will. It will come back repaired, and problem solved.

I said you're going to kill someone? Where?

Last edited:
Is there even an option for those not wishing to send it in to just order the parts direct, and do the fix themselves (or have a local smith do it)? I don't own one of these yet, but it is on my short list which is why I follow these threads.

No shit. It's not me being stubborn. I just know it's bullshit and I don't need some Croatian replacing 2 damn parts I can easily replace once everyone stops being dumbasses and sending in thousands of guns daily.

Yep. The friggin' hysteria on xdtalk is funny. Must be a bunch of new shooters. Wait a sec.....

Oh phew! I throught I saw my XDS moving all by itself. Oh.... it is..... BANG!

Agh... I'm hit. Save yourselves. Send you XDS in to Springfield today. Hurry! Before the sky falls.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Is there even an option for those not wishing to send it in to just order the parts direct, and do the fix themselves (or have a local smith do it)? I don't own one of these yet, but it is on my short list which is why I follow these threads.

They're likely OOS for a while, I mean **** they take months to ship mags from what I read on XDtalk.

Someone took a pic of the "shop " that is repairing these... LOL. It's the size of a ranch house. And I guess they aren't even doing overtime. I'm guessing 3-6 months right now. I can't see myself waiting that long for parts I can change out.

And ntomsw I'm not arguing with you. I could be here gloating but I'm not. Hopefully you all get your XDs back. Or send you free staters some killy shit but don't hold your breath.

Just got off the phone with Penny at SA It is indeed an IT issue but the kinda good news is that the repairs have begun and they are still looking at the original 30 day return schedule.

Spoke w/Customer Svc & confirmed they have a "glitch" in their computer system. Gun repairs have started & being done in Geneseo, IL w/a 30 day turnaround time.

Still 30 days as of now according to XD Talk.

And ntomsw I'm not arguing with you. I could be here gloating but I'm not. Hopefully you all get your XDs back. Or send you free staters some killy shit but don't hold your breath.

What could you possibly be gloating about? That you didn't send your gun in? I don't give a shit if you sent your gun in or not. I may think it's silly, but that's the good thing about freedom. I can think it's totally retarded to not send it in, and you can think it's retarded too send it in. Not my problem.

They officially received mine into the repair department on September 4th. (I shipped it on August 29th) So they are quoting 30 days from that arrival time. So she said by October 4th, I should have an email saying the gun is all set and being shipped backed to me.

They said the time frames haven't changed, and they are still quoting 30 days. I just called.

I can't see myself waiting that long for parts I can change out.

You're assuming this is even possible, which I think is a bad move. Just send it in and get it over with. There are a lot of recalls that are stupid or self-diagnosable, or self-repairable, but something that could possibly ND upon chambering a round... is not something I would want to **** with.

-Mike

If they're trying to block up the space on the sides of the grip safety to keep crap from getting inside then this seems like the sort of "issue" that would see more and more instances of "problems" being reported over time. Maybe you never send it back in, but after mexican carrying it for years you might finally end up with enough pubes and bellybutton lint in there for it to cause a problem in your own gun.

You're assuming this is even possible, which I think is a bad move. Just send it in and get it over with. There are a lot of recalls that are stupid or self-diagnosable, or self-repairable, but something that could possibly ND upon chambering a round... is not something I would want to **** with.

-Mike

Yup. Don't insert logic into it Mike. Just don't.

XDS .45 Velocities

I figured this this would be a good place to get views and this thread needs an intermission. I have shot a very small batch of 185 grain handloads with different powder weights in both 1911 govt and XDs .45 thru my chrono.

First a tamer load had 5" barrel readings at 12' average around 940fps and the XDs 3.3" barrel was 810fps.

Had my scale throw an extra 1.5 grains on me earlier and put out some rockets that did over 1150fps in the 1911 and over 950fps in the XDs. Yes way too fast but it does give you an idea.

I start to worry about expansion around 800 fps. Speer makes Gold Dots just for short barreled velocities. I think they are the only ones attempting to market this? I have not seen much data on lower velocity hollow point expansion. An area of concern for pistols such as this...

WRF... I registered for the recall, but I still haven't received the shipping info. It's been two weeks already.

Have you called? I received an email 30 seconds later after entering my serial # into their system. If you haven't gotten anything, you need to call. They will probably email you the information.

I have been watching the threads on Xd-talk. We may be looking at close to Christmas before we get them back. There was a email from Springfield this week that said they expected the guns already in they're possession to be returned in 8 to 10 weeks and that they have not started repairing them yet. They still haven't finished testing the repair.

Back
Top Bottom