• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

with gun shop employees like these who needs liberal gun grabbers

not sure of that.... Its a shop where i guess he had a employee leave and he held on to one of his guns or some bs... Trust me if members of my family were not going to take a class there i would be more forth comming
I hope the information given to your family in the class is factual then.

Take the class somewhere else, notify the shop owner why, and out the store already.

You have zero obligation to protect a business that is screwing up by hiring morons who have been domesticated by liberal cowardice.

This drive me absolutely NUTS!!

If you are old enough to VOTE (and elect a leader that can send people your age to their DEATH in conflict overseas) and old enough to FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY "sitting behind a 50-cal in IRAQ" then you are old enough to DRINK A BEER and CARRY A GUN.

If someone thinks that you aren't old enough to do that last two I listed at age 18, then dammit, change the VOTING AGE and the age to serve in the military to 21 or STFU!

the Big guy I always see at the freetown one is a decent guy.. I am not even sure who the owner is.... However there was another older fella working there who didnt seem to object to the younger fellas comments i hope he was corrected after left

So whatever happened to free expression? If you don't like his ideas present your own. Someone once said (Justice Brandeis perhaps?) the best disinfectant is sunlight. In other words, ideas should be countered with ideas.

I would agree that the employee is entitled to his own opinion and he can have it on his own time, or when he is employed elsewhere. Further if the owner or boss doesn't correct that behavior or at least put a mozzle on the mouth, then he also deserves whatever comes of it.

I agree 150%. What has NOT been established is whether or not the boss knows what is being said. As much as we are all entitled to our personal opinions, when you work for any company and start saying things that are bound to piss off some potential customers and lose business, you are NOT entitled to do that as an employee in front of said potential customers. The owner/boss can't correct something that he is unaware of, so it behooves the OP to report this to the owner and if situation is NOT corrected, then out the company but not before the owner is made aware.

I hope the information given to your family in the class is factual then.

Most instructors are deficient here.

This drive me absolutely NUTS!!

If you are old enough to VOTE (and elect a leader that can send people your age to their DEATH in conflict overseas) and old enough to FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY "sitting behind a 50-cal in IRAQ" then you are old enough to DRINK A BEER and CARRY A GUN.

If someone thinks that you aren't old enough to do that last two I listed at age 18, then dammit, change the VOTING AGE and the age to serve in the military to 21 or STFU!

I agree completely here.

I swear most liberals are just projecting most of the time because they don't trust themselves

I agree, most of the anti-gunners I end up interacting with are hyper angry, on the verge of freaking out: yes, YOU probably should not own a gun, Banny McBannerson...so don't buy one.

Posted from my car phone.

So whatever happened to free expression? If you don't like his ideas present your own. Someone once said (Justice Brandeis perhaps?) the best disinfectant is sunlight. In other words, ideas should be countered with ideas.
Free expression means you don't get locked up for it. It doesn't mean you get to be a dick or vocally bigoted without getting called out on it or affected monetarily by customers who choose to go elsewhere.

Also, that's not what was meant by the metaphor of sunlight as disinfectant.

why don't people name the shops that they complain about?

Because it hurts feelings.

I hate to say it but whenever I go into a gun store and hear customers and workers talking, there is ALWAYS some incorrect information being spread around.

Free expression means you don't get locked up for it. It doesn't mean you get to be a dick or vocally bigoted without getting called out on it or affected monetarily by customers who choose to go elsewhere.

Free expression means so much more than not getting locked up. It also means not getting censored. I agree people should get called out for being a dick. But I believe the best response is to try to help the dick understand why he is wrong. In my opinion this is better than simply boycotting the store, for example. If that doesn't work then move on to plan b (writing the store owner, etc.)

Also, that's not what was meant by the metaphor of sunlight as disinfectant.
I learn something new every day! Thanks! As it turns out Brandeis is talking about the value of publicity. OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY - CHAPTER V | The Louis D. Brandeis Collection

Meh. The employee is entitled to his opinion. As long as he isn't withholding sales or services based on it it's his own stupid issue, though I wouldn't hesitate to complain to the boss. No sense punishing the owner on here if he isn't otherwise aware of the crap that the guy is spouting, and I can appreciate why cerfur doesn't want to jeopardize his own situation. YMMV.

Very true.

He is entitled to his opinion - and that opinion might be based on the fact that he sees all sorts of idiots who are younger - coming thru the door looking for a gun.

The problem these days however is this: When somebody like this voices an opinion like that - it gets used by people who are our philosophical enemies and used for their advantage. So - bad as this is - people like this who are in positions like he is in - need to be made to STFU.

The easiest - least harmful way to do this - is to simply publicize who the person is - and then stop supporting him by patronizing the business that he works for.

Information is power - but if you're too stupid to use the information to try and change things - then you get what you deserve - which in this case would be a gun show with an employee who thinks that people shouldn't be able to own guns.

Where in the constitution is the Federal Government enumerated the power to decide at what age you can exercise a constitutionally protected right.

I'll save you the trouble of looking it up, it isn't....

Just sayin.... When I grew up I handled firearms when my parents decided I was ready.. Not when some bureaucrat in a far distant capitol decided he could raise me better than my parents could.

I have emailed the shop owner thanks to lens looking up his email address. Thank you Lens! I will be sure to let you know if I get a response and what is said.

Back
Top Bottom