Why is the owner of ARMS giving money to Coakley?

Well if this is true they just lost my business if I ever I was considering purchasing from them.

The first mistakes is wanting to buy from them in the first place!

I didn't know they still made stuff, I thought they just sued other companies to make their money.

The first mistakes is wanting to buy from them in the first place!

I didn't know they still made stuff, I thought they just sued other companies to make their money.

That's just it...ARMS at one time, was "the only game in town" - or at least a well marketed game. Everything ARMS has this almost shoddy, mass-produced feel to it IMHO...When my Tripower took not one, but two dives off my SOCOM-16 and I got zero customer support, I called Mark LaRue and never looked back...

My only regret is not saving that POS 68 for a LaRue trade-in...I put mine on the 100-yard berm and shot it into oblivion....Gotta love .308...[wink]

ARMs Inc is looking at the big picture-Civillian sales are nothing compared to getting military contracts. Ma Company, Ma senator, using her clout to ensure they get contracts. All this is is politicing at its best.

Last edited:
ARMs Inc is looking at the big picture-Civillian sales are nothing compared to getting military contracts. Ma Company, Ma senator,If using her clout to ensure they get contracts. All this is is politicing at its best.

Really? S&W brought out 1911s and ARs for civilian sales only. Sig came out with 1911s, the 556 and now ARs for civilian sales only. Robinson Arms survives on civilian sales only.

You might be right but the civilian market is very large and it's really stupid business to put your business hopes on one junior senator vs. a whole marketplace.

Really? S&W brought out 1911s and ARs for civilian sales only. Sig came out with 1911s, the 556 and now ARs for civilian sales only. Robinson Arms survives on civilian sales only.

You might be right but the civilian market is very large and it's really stupid business to put your business hopes on one junior senator vs. a whole marketplace.

No one said Dick Swan was a business genius.

A example of a major military contract.

Beretta Scores Largest U.S. Military Handgun Contract Since WWII
All Pistols To Be Built By U.S. Workers In Maryland

ACCOKEEK, MARYLAND - -(ShootingWire.com)- Beretta U.S.A. Corp. announces its receipt of a U.S. Army contract to provide up to 450,000 Beretta Model 92FS pistols to U.S. military customers throughout the world. The total value of the contract, if all pistol quantities and associated spare parts are ordered, is $220 million.

The contract was awarded along with a first delivery order for 20,000 pistols intended for the Iraqi military. Delivery of pistols against the contract has already begun.

I bet none of those comanies Paul D mentioned are getting 220 million just for one contract. Im sure ARMs is thinking along the same lines. I agree whole heartidly ARMS should be donating to Scott Brown.

Last edited:
ARMs Inc is looking at the big picture-Civillian sales are nothing compared to getting military contracts. Ma Company, Ma senator, using her clout to ensure they get contracts. All this is is politicing at its best.

Most gun manufs in the US cannot survive long term on military (or even LE) contracts alone.

Hell, Glock was known for using LE sales to -drive- non LE (commercial/civilian) sales. They were known for basically giving guns away at near cost to increase market penetration on the commercial side.

LE/Mil sales come and go in bursts and waves. There are always joe randoms around, though, to buy stuff... even when the economy is otherwise crap.

Look at it this way- HK still sells a lot of guns to joe average- and their management likely has a lot of douchebags in it, but even HK realizes the
money they can make selling commercial in the US. If the market was not substantial HK wouldn't bother at all.

-Mike

Most gun manufs in the US cannot survive long term on military (or even LE) contracts alone.

Hell, Glock was known for using LE sales to -drive- non LE (commercial/civilian) sales. They were known for basically giving guns away at near cost to increase market penetration on the commercial side.

LE/Mil sales come and go in bursts and waves. There are always joe randoms around, though, to buy stuff... even when the economy is otherwise crap.

Look at it this way- HK still sells a lot of guns to joe average- and their management likely has a lot of douchebags in it, but even HK realizes the
money they can make selling commercial in the US. If the market was not substantial HK wouldn't bother at all.

-Mike

Glock still does this. I can get a G23 for $350ish with creds at Scottsdale Gun Club.

I agree on the H&K comments. I would rather carry Glock then ever deal with those rumpwads at H&K, Oh yea we did carry H&K and they busted our balls every time we had a problem or needed spare parts. HK's saying " In a world of comprise some dont" is a laugh at best. H&K's saying should be" In a world of comrimise some carry another manufactures guns, so when the HK breaks at least you will have a gun somebody will sell you spare parts for".

Last edited:
I agree on the HK comments. I would rather carry Glock then ever deal with those rumpwads at H.K. Oh yea we did carry HK and they busted ourballs everytime we had a problem or needed spare parts. HK's saying " IN a world of comprise some dont" is a laugh at best. HK's saying should be" in a world of comrimise some carry another manufactures guns, so when the HK breaks at least you will have a gun somebody will sell you spare parts for".
It is so odd that HK is so @#$@# up when it comes to spare parts. Getting a simple recoil spring out of them was a major production that required multiple phone calls and several weeks. And it isn't just for non-LEOs like me that get crap service from HK. I've heard several LEOs complain about not being able to get spare parts for their duty guns.

H&K only cares about cutomers who are buying at least several thousand of thier guns, other wise you are a tolerbale nuisance at best. H&K and cutomer service are not words that go together. Everyonce in a whie you may get a new employee who actually helps you, but they are soon brow beaten for this and instructed in the proper ways of H&K service " you have a problem with our guns? maybe you should just buy a few hundred more instead of spare parts, F those f***ers it wasnt like this when Clint Smoith worked for them.

Last edited:
stinx said:
H&K only cares about cutomers who are buying at least several thousand of thier guns, other wise you are a tolerbale nuisance at best. H&K and cutomer service are not words that go together.

It's funny...My experience with HK customer service has been exactly the opposite...They were extremely helpful with tracking down parts for my VP70z - even calling me back on my cell phone, (after normal business hours), when they found the parts. Is your assessment on Heckler and Koch customer service based on personal experience? I own exactly two of their firearms and can line you up with dozens of other "civilian" HK owners who will attest to a far different interpretation of HK customer service than you bring forth here...

ARMS on the other hand? [slap]

Last edited:
To clarify something, I am not a Coakley supporter, have never voted for here, and don't intend to start now. I don't do any business with A.R.M.S. nor am I a customer.

Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture here, but what's the difference between someone supporting a Coakley or the ACLU??? They're both cut from the same cloth,,anti-2nd amend; to them it's a "collective right" not an individual right, go figure!!
Coakley, unique among her Democratic opponents, said specifically she does support the 2nd Amendment: she just doesn't interpret that support in the same way that you or I do, but any three people in a room are likely to disagree in some detail of what that means, anyway. I don't think telling her that no gun owners are ever going to vote for her is a very good way of getting any visibility for those issues.

Her three opponents would not even state they supported the 2nd Amendment, so in that sense she was already the least of evils. This means Ms. Coakley may be open to a dialog: remember, if she gets elected, she will have an obligation to support her constituents, and we will have to make the case for the right direction should she be elected.

I belong to the ACLU (and the NRA, and GOAL) because defending civil liberties is important. While they say they interpret the 2nd Amendment as a collective right, they also say that they take no position for or against gun ownership:

We do not, however, take a position on gun control itself. In our view, neither the possession of guns nor the regulation of guns raises a civil liberties issue.

In other words, they're not going to do anything for or against gun ownership. And they are perfectly clear, honest, and transparent about their position. They have done things like defend a student wearing an NRA shirt to school: they say it is the right of expression they are defending, not the expression itself.

Some folks here seem perpetually in search of the Boogie Man. Reasonable men may disagree. And as General Patton said "If everyone is thinking alike, than someone isn't thinking."

A larger concern for both Ms. Coakley and Mr. Brown is whether the Libertarian candidate will hurt them more, and what the turnout will be. A lot of women voted in the primary for Coakley because she was a woman. Some men may vote against her for the same reason.

Perhaps most troubling of all is that turnout for the primary was less than 10% of registered voters in some districts, and the highest turnout was around 20%. It was 10% in Boston compared to 39% for the Mayoral race. If gun owners turn out in force Mr. Brown can win.

Last edited:
MY experience is based on being responsible for the up keep and and miantenace for 50 Dept weapons that were manufactured by H&K. Imagine a weapon or two going down from a simple parts failure, then being told- we dont have the parts and dont know when they will be here probably no sooner then 6 months. Its too bad because had there service been better we would have stayed using H&K. I belive Washington Stae Patrol just transitioned to M&P's and a major reason was poor customer service from H&K.

First of all, Coakley, unique among her Democratic opponents, said specifically she does support the 2nd Amendment: she just doesn't interpret that support in the same way that you or I do...

Her three opponents would not even state they supported the 2nd Amendment, so in that sense she was already the least of evils.

Wow! I am totally speechless at this interpretation of reality.

CLMN

I belong to the ACLU because defending civil liberties is important.

So you,by association, support NAMBLA and their right to free speech.

Nice.

A larger concern for both Ms. Coakley and Mr. Brown is whether the Libertarian candidate will hurt them more, a

You should do a little more research,there is no Libertarian candidate running.

Last edited:
They also say that they take no position for or against gun ownership:

We do not, however, take a position on gun control itself. In our view, neither the possession of guns nor the regulation of guns raises a civil liberties issue.

Taking the position that the interference with behavior protected by the bill of rights does not raise civil liberty issues is, in fact, taking a position.

First of all, Coakley, unique among her Democratic opponents, said specifically she does support the 2nd Amendment: she just doesn't interpret that support in the same way that you or I do, but any three people in a room are likely to disagree in some detail of what that means, anyway.

Dude, seriously, with all due respect what kind of crack are you smoking?

CMR940.... HELOOOO? Anyone home? [laugh]

Any claims of "2nd amendment support" from her are nothing more than her trying to blow smoke up someone's ass.

ETA: A good way of putting it is her definition of claiming 2nd amendment support is like a woman claiming she's only "a little bit" pregnant. You either
are or you aren't. Or, let's put it this way, anyone who supported the 2nd in even a halfass way, would still not let CMR940 stand.... period.

Her three opponents would not even state they supported the 2nd Amendment, so in that sense she was already the least of evils.

Words are meaningless without any action to back them up, especially in this case. Coakley has not done a damned thing for gun owners.... period. Obama probably said he supported the 2nd amendment, and now we have Eric Holder for AG, among other things.

This means Ms. Coakley may be open to a dialog:

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

So when can I sell you that bridge in Brooklyn?

I belong to the ACLU because defending civil liberties is important. While they say they interpret the 2nd Amendment as a collective right, they also say that they take no position for or against gun ownership:

[rofl] The fact that they support the collectivist argument is laughable. They take that position because the ACLU generally does not like guns, because most of its member base is flaming moonbats. Only the Nevada? chapter has openly come out in support of RKBA, I believe.

-Mike

Last edited:
We as gun owners and especially you MA folk need to close ranks and begin boycotting every single rat amongst us.

The only way to stop this asshattery is to put the people supporting corrupt anti-rights politicans out of business. No mercy, no business, no money = no donations, no support.

Many of you haven't realized it yet but this is a war.

Its time to choose a side.

Hell, Glock was known for using LE sales to -drive- non LE (commercial/civilian) sales. They were known for basically giving guns away at near cost to increase market penetration on the commercial side. ...

Look where THAT got them in Massachusetts.

Back
Top Bottom