Why is the owner of ARMS giving money to Coakley?

Well if this is true they just lost my business if I ever I was considering purchasing from them.

Vendors need to balance the benefit of the political favor they are attempting to purchase with the inevitbale customer backlash.

Well if this is true they just lost my business if I ever I was considering purchasing from them.

I've had plenty of other reasons to skip ARMS products. But this is the final straw.

Every time you buy a pic rail product you are likely giving them money. It was patented originally. The patent may have run out by now, but the patent system is so f'd up, that there is a good chance there is a new patent covering some small modification. I don't know for sure, so this is speculation but worth looking into.

Originally Posted by Scrivener
In which case ARMS appears to have made an egregiously flawed cost/benefit analysis.

Originally Posted by derek
Understatement of the century.
Let's hope so..

Especially if The Shooting Wire runs with the story. The Shooting Wire (www.shootingwire.com) is a free daily news service for the gun industry that anyone whose anyone in the business, and loads of others, read on a daily basis. Their editor, Jim Shepherd covered the Zumbo and Cooper fiascos and I would not be surprised if he picked up this story - especially since I just sent him the info, with a bit of background about how Coakley is not only anti-gunowner, but opposed by a solid candidate who is politically correct (using our definition).

Every time you buy a pic rail product you are likely giving them money. It was patented originally. The patent may have run out by now, but the patent system is so f'd up, that there is a good chance there is a new patent covering some small modification. I don't know for sure, so this is speculation but worth looking into.

The people at ARMS aren't all that concerned about getting your dollars. Their primary goal in life is to obtain military contracts. Whether you have guns or not doesn't affect them much as long as they keep getting military contracts.

They still have some patents on their rails and other products but some have been shot down in court, many others expired and other actions against other manufacturers are still pending in federal courts.

insane.

after seeing mark larue calling out ARMS on ARFCOM i emailed the company to see if they wanted to melt down the POS ARMS mount that i have.

they accepted--and they are sending me a new hat since the buckle broke on my current larue hat.

The people at ARMS aren't all that concerned about getting your dollars. Their primary goal in life is to obtain military contracts. Whether you have guns or not doesn't affect them much as long as they keep getting military contracts.

Which would explain their "back the expected winner" strategy.

Typical douchebaggery?

Being a douchebag is not a requirement to have military contracts. Just ask Ronnie Barrett who has walked away from business rather than sell out the cause the 2nd ammendment.

A quick search at the referenced site shows he's consistently supported various Republican candidates since 2004 and Martha Coakley since 2006. I suspect there's some personal connection to Ms. Coakley. Still does not excuse the cognitive disconnect in such donations.

A quick search at the referenced site shows he's consistently supported various Republican candidates since 2004 and Martha Coakley since 2006. I suspect there's some personal connection to Ms. Coakley. Still does not excuse the cognitive disconnect in such donations.
Giving money to Republicans doesn't make it OK for him to give money to Coakley.

Get a LaRue

(In a boxing announcer voice) ...

VEGAS 2010 (Very Excellent Gun And Shooting)

Alright people, LaRue has had enough requests from folks that will willingly break the levers off their A.R.M.S. mounts if LaRue will replace it with a LaRue product.

So, a challenge is made.

We challenge A.R.M.S. (the company busy suing us over their #17 trademark) to a mount duel.

We are hereby offering to replace any A.R.M.S. mount that the owner intentionally breaks the M.I.M. lever off.

The challenge to A.R.M.S. is that they make the same offer to any LaRue owner who intentionally will break the lever off a LaRue mount in exchange for an A.R.M.S. products.

The winner will be decided at the ShotShow * VEGAS 2010 - booth with the most broken mounts from the other wins. May the best man win - - -

The offer is now out there and remains in effect until A.R.M.S. drops his suit, and if that doesn't happen, then it remains in effect until I have had my satisfaction.

ETA - Somebody here said we need to have them here by January 7th for the outbound VEGAS 2010 truck. But I'll Nextday any after that, so the cutoff and end of this VEGAS Smash'em Contest will be the opening hour VEGAS 2010 - Vegas time.

Take a pic and print it of the before-intentionally-breaking and after-it's-broken, include it with the mount.

We have another offer going on and this will keep them apart. Include a short note of why you wanna play.

Since time is of the essence (VEGAS 2010 is looming), we will rush you the LaRue mount that's a suitable upgrade to the A.R.M.S mount you intentionally broke in trade.

THIS IS THE STATE FAIR TRACTOR PULL OF MOUNTS ! ! !

GO !!!!

M. LaRue

I am Mark LaRue and I authorize this offer. - ML

ETA - We're gonna make this a good old fashioned Texas horse race, so do me and my whole bunch over here a big Christmas favor and spread the word for us in other forums you might frequent.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all y'all.

* ETA - Oops, got a note that somebody whined to show management , so they faxed that I drop their name from the promotion. Done ...it's now VEGAS 2010.

Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture here, but what's the difference between someone supporting a Coakley or the ACLU??? They're both cut from the same cloth,,anti-2nd amend; to them it's a "collective right" not an individual right, go figure!!

Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture here, but what's the difference between someone supporting a Coakley or the ACLU??? They're both cut from the same cloth,,anti-2nd amend; to them it's a "collective right" not an individual right, go figure!!

Easy. The ACLU does not try to squash gun rights, they just ignore them. The ACLU has actually gone up to bat for a few gun cases when they have turned into 1st or 4th amendment issues.

The only batting Croakley has done in regards to RKBA is to smash it.

Back
Top Bottom